Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Update: Something in the Sewers - Missing Child!

OTPC: Update: Something in the Sewers - Missing Child!

Update: Something in the Sewers - Missing Child!
    May 12, 29481 - [Global]

OTPC - We have received another disturbing report from Omni-1 Entertainment. A 12 year old boy went missing after a Boating incident in the flooded area of Omni-1 Entertainment.

Omni-Pol officers, who were on a routine patrol, received a distress call from boaters when their Hydro-Vehicle was rammed and sinking. The Omni-Pol officers, with the help of several concerned citizens assisted in the rescue operation. Two boaters were rescued from the water. One was seriously injured with open slash and puncture wounds to his leg and torso. He claims that something attacked him under the water.

The second boater, a female, suffered only minor injuries, a weak hit of hypothermia and mental distress. When informed, that the woman’s younger brother, a boy around the age of 12, Omni-Pol and the citizens continued to search for the child, going under the name “Peter”, but their efforts was in vain, as the boy was never found.

While searching for the boy, something attacked one of the Omni-Pol troopers and damaged his armor. Witnesses claim that one of the citizens helping in the rescue operation was also attacked and killed. During the confusion the body dissipated before it was identified and sent to insurance reclaim. This individual is asked to report to Omni-Pol as soon as possible. Omni-Pol has requested that everyone remain away from the area until further notice.

We spoke with both Omni-Med and Omni-Pol and asked for updates on this situation.

Omni-Pol released this statement:
    "We are very concerned about this incident. Omni-Pol personal have been searching for the lost boy since his disappearance. He is a 12 year old Solitus male, brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a miiir swimsuit. His name is Peter Hansen. We are also searching for whatever attacked out there. It is too early to speculate what this could be. The search is still under way and anyone with information about the boy or the attacker is asked to report to Omni-Pol immediately. The investigation is ongoing and we will release any new information when it is found. In the meantime it is advised to stay out of the flooded area or any connecting bodies of water in Omni-1 Entertainment district until further notice."

Omni-Med reports that both boaters are recovering and in stable condition. Omni-Med could also report that the boater's wounds are identical to wounds found on a body that was recently discovered by a Sewer worker.

Furthermore, Omni-Med personnel said:

"The wounds resemble some sort of bite marks. DNA samples and tissue samples have been taken, from the injured boater. These samples are currently undergoing examination, and we hope they will provide more information."

We will follow-up on these investigations and any new information will be released the to public.

mysterious beast killing omnis and attacking pols some more, loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    wearing a miiir swimsuit.
    i'm not related btw
    Last edited by playboyfixer; May 13th, 2007 at 09:55:13.
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Good, that removes my theory right out of the box, which I was hoping for.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ok attacking Omni corporate and military is fine, but this thing is munching on civies too. I wouldn't get to lax who is to say there isn't more then one of these things. I do recall tir has a large waterway system as well. Who is to say we don't have a nasty creeping around that hasn't made itself known yet?
    "The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."-Arthur Koestler
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

We'll at least the child had reclaim insurance. Poor kid will be scarred for life.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Well unless I am mistaken, insurance doesnt work effincently until you are at least 21. Did I miss something in this report that the child reclaimed? Looked like they were still looking for him...

Of course I hope he is found....

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterwind View Post
    Well unless I am mistaken, insurance doesnt work effincently until you are at least 21. Did I miss something in this report that the child reclaimed? Looked like they were still looking for him...

Of course I hope he is found....
    Wow I need to have my eyes checked. You are correct. *shakes head*
    Massive brain fart. But still, if they do find him... he will be in a shambles.

EDIT: I am looking for a few good people, and possible multifactional support to help locate the child. Send a missive to me, if you are interested in volunteering.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; May 13th, 2007 at 15:22:00.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

This is unfortunate. Everyone who did receive puncture wounds should be put in quarantine for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Pev View Post
    This is unfortunate. Everyone who did receive puncture wounds should be put in quarantine for the time being.
    no no... best way to deal with this is put them in a desk job position near zora, and hope they mutate too
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I admit it it was me! hehe
    > Twillite <

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    no no... best way to deal with this is put them in a desk job position near zora, and hope they mutate too
    Your attempt at humor isn't appreciated. This is a very serious situation, and should be handled as one.

Red face

It's probably an alligator or a crocodile...

Quote Originally Posted by Pev View Post
    Your attempt at humor isn't appreciated. This is a very serious situation, and should be handled as one.
    who says i was joking

I would be more than welcome to assist in a search and rescue operation to save Peter Hansen. But due to my opinions and choices I am sided with the Clans.

This presents a problem. The Omni Guards patrolling Omni-1 won't let me nearby for fear of a terrorist attack. First off what is one man going to do in a city filled with Omni-Pol. Second, I feel that the Omni-Tek corporation should allow anyone with a genuine interest in rescuing the boy to hold temperance in the highest order, whilst the search goes on.

I feel our dispute between the sides, can not and should never extend to our children. So I anxiously await permission to assist in the search of Peter, for I am certain the safety of our future, our children should be paramount.

Nighthawke.

I am clan, and I am in Omni-ent right now as we speak.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawke View Post
    First off what is one man going to do in a city filled with Omni-Pol. Second, I feel that the Omni-Tek corporation should allow anyone with a genuine interest in rescuing the boy to hold temperance in the highest order, whilst the search goes on.
    As to #1: Whatever he darned well pleases. It's OP.. if it was OTAF then it'd be different. (Frontline units, not the REMFs, hehe.)
    As to #2: Yes, I agree, they should let those in to help, who wish to go. Put guards with us or whatever, if it makes Zora sleep better at night. Pride is not worth the life of a child in my book.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer View Post
    As to #1: Whatever he darned well pleases. It's OP.. if it was OTAF then it'd be different. (Frontline units, not the REMFs, hehe.)
    As to #2: Yes, I agree, they should let those in to help, who wish to go. Put guards with us or whatever, if it makes Zora sleep better at night. Pride is not worth the life of a child in my book.
    I highly doubt Zora will sleep soundly until all clan-members are dead. If you'd like to help him, feel free. I do however feel that anyone who wants should be able to help. On the other hand, is the lack of permission stopping anyone?

Something must be done about this. I say we get some Omni-AF guys to clear out whatevers in that water, this is just unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayika View Post
    Something must be done about this. I say we get some Omni-AF guys to clear out whatevers in that water, this is just unacceptable.
    agreed! best we can do is put all omni AF troops in the sewers with blunt fish knives & hunt the thing down

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    agreed! best we can do is put all omni AF troops in the sewers with blunt fish knives & hunt the thing down
    Or mebbe we can drag ya ta Rompa's, force ya ta drink tha contents of tha whole bar, then drag ya back to tha sewers an' wait until it goes out again. If dat ain't enuff ta poison whatever's under water there, I dunno what is. *smirks*

'kay, more seriously--yeah, yeah, it happens--if there's need ta give a hand to a party goin' there, I could probably help. Might as well make a use of tha tricks I've learnt in tha past.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast