Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Years of Devil's Advocate

Four Years of Devil's Advocate

Yesterday marks the four year anniversary of Devil's Advocate.

Devil's Advocate was founded by Thyme, Valaik, Sammuel (after Thyme stole him from Omni-Pol), Blackpetal, and a few others who have long since moved on - Valaik is still with us (sucker! )!. The plan was a simple one: Take the opposing position, raise hell and try to figure out how to make a profit in the process. Ditzie and I were in between jobs at the time and we found Thyme's idea appealing so we signed contracts the very next day.

In our long and colorful history, we have evolved a bit from limiting most of our activities to the night club scene to broader horizons - "broader horizons" being any place where we can get away with it. With a wider focus (oxymoron intended), we have attracted a fairly eclectic membership roster which enables our organization to dip it's fingers into many different pots while still retaining our identity. Sure, we have had our growing pains like everyone else - even to the point where the only people left were Ditzie and I but the darned thing just refuses to go away! We picked up and convinced some others that our philosophy was not only right, but it was natural and got things rolling again.

Today, Devil's Advocate still carries on in it's tradition and, personally, I can not imagine being anywhere else or with a finer group of people. Happy Fourth Anniversary to Devil's Advocate!

dev·il's advocate (n.)
    One who argues against a cause or position, not as a committed opponent but simply for the sake of argument or to determine the validity of the cause or position.
    Last edited by Nevver; Jun 13th, 2006 at 18:05:54.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Hooray for D-A!!!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Grats for one mewed up org.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Lets hope this will be your last one..

(( Grats on the 4 years DA ))
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by Sary
    Lets hope this will be your last one..

(( Grats on the 4 years DA ))
    Second that..

[ Gratz on making it 4 years! may you have many more]
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

DA has been my home in AO for along time. I actually remember for about a week in our big rough spell we had a few years ago that one of my low level alts was pretty much the whole org. Looking foward to continueing fun in AO and ecspecially as an Advocate.
    I'm Back

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    Second that..

[ Gratz on making it 4 years! may you have many more]

Yes we can only hope to Nevver hear from them again.

((Congrats on four years!))
    MostShady
    General of Whisper's Edge
    ----------------------------
    Patience is a virtue.

Damn we haven't squished them yet? Going to have to try harder...

[grats on 4years one hell of an accomplishment]

Congratulations!
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

*Places a delivery order of KitKats to her favorit "lawyers"*

Thanks for the many years of service, the introducing me to my Maul O DOOM, Yes, I have grown out of the "I wanna be like Nevver" Fanclub though I still recieve the news letter though!

((Congorats! guys bunches and bunches!!))
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Thank you, everyone!

((I stand corrected: At one time, there was NOBODY in DA and Cat's alt served as President during that period. At another point, we talked Cat into being president for a while; I don't think he's ever quite recovered from it.

Ditzie has been our President for about a year or so now and has been doing a great job of it. She's really the heart behind the whole thing and largely responsible to getting us to where we are now and staying glued together. I don't know what we'd do without her.

For me, part of the fun of being in DA is that we like to play the role of the big, bad Omnis. This was a conscious decision we made a long time ago back when we were in the role of being smugglers, thieves and basically neutral towards the Clans - if they were buying, we were selling. It seemed like, after a while, EVERYBODY started doing something like that and it was to the point where there were no villains left except for Omni-Pol. We were all getting kind of tired of the party scene as well and wanted a little more drama than going to Reets, have some Omni org show up in a raid, trade taunts then go back to /pulping after a while. Don't get me wrong; I think the parties are fun and I even go to one once in a while, but I think most of us were just bored with going every week and wanted to do something different and more in step with our faction and the story line.

It's a LOT of fun being the bad guys and I get a real kick out of some of the responses to the posts I make here. I've even purposely set myself up to be the target of abuse from the Clans plenty of times, especially if I can make it funny - I think to myself, "What would Daffy Duck or Wyle E. Coyote do in this situation." ))

To all you Clanners: We'll get you yet, my pretties!
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Thanks all for the replies and insults

It's been a great four years and the good times have always outweighed the bad. I don't know if I'm the heart of DA present, but I DO know that it wouldn't be much of a home without the amazing people who've taken part in our band of mischief-makers over the years. People that make it all fun and worthwhile.

Happy Anniversary Devil's Advocate!!!!
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

If not the heart, you're at least the one who destroyed it's liver.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

You're only 4 years old? So can ya stop calling us your child org, you're hardly old enough to be our big sister!

[grats on #4!]
    Nezhinau 220/23 Engineer
    Building QL 300 Mutated AI Crabs Omnified with 5 gems!
    Also: 220 MA, 220 Crat, 167 Fixer, 155 MP, Dr. Toot

Nevver, you'll never get us.. You might as well stop trying..
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

I've been a member of Devil's Advocate for almost a year and a half. I've had the best time ever. I am proud to be a part of this band of troublemakers... Congrats on 4 years!

Ditzie, you are the heart of DA. You are the soul, the spleen, the liver & kidney! DA may not have made it to 4 years if it was not for your leadership.

4 MORE YEARS!!! 4 MORE YEARS!!! 4 MORE YEARS!!! ((assuming AO lasts that long))

Yeah...Devil's Advocate...famous for their mouthy enforcer who likes to gut people or their sneaky MA bastard who likes to steal clanners' trustfunds.

[Yay for DA and 4 years! You're thoroughly incorporated in AO, and Rubi-Ka wouldn't be any measure of the fun it is without you . Congratulations!]

Congratulations on 4!

Happy Anniversary D.A.!!!
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast