Thread: What about a "notepad"?

Lightbulb What about a "notepad"?

What about making a text editor that you can write down things to remeber? This would be an extended text editor that supports the hyperlinking used in the chat today.

If it was possible to drop a reference to a player into the editor (creates a link) and any other item it would be great.

For exploreres, make a shortcut that will paste in the current zone and coordinates, also as a link. When you click that link your map will open and show the location.

An easy way to drop this info to the chatbar whould also be cool :-)

This idea will not give content to gameplay, so i guess this is something that can wait. It was an idea anyway.

Arrow

I'd like to see something ingame like the books in UO that you can write in.

Especially as Chat has gone down twice in two days, it would make communicating a bit easier.

Bump!
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

Thumbs up Yes!

I've been advocating this a long time and there has been much discussion about it. This would be a great boon to roleplayers.
    Last edited by Szentasha; Aug 17th, 2002 at 21:09:59.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

In-Game notes

I've had plenty of ideas I have submitted to the boards about this idea alone. Lately a boost in reference generators has started. I use one to make references for advertisement and I'm sure you've all seen the same. If not, you can generate a refrerence that will appear under your knoledge tab that you can drop on your chatline. Bad thing is is you can't use it while the game is running.

If we had a reference creator in-game we could do alot with it. Down-side is we can't trade references. I think. Never actually tried though. The use of references is already there. If we cant now, it shouldn't be hard to make it so we can trade references in game.

This seems to be a more simple aproach than my previous ideas on the subject. Less work for FC.

Here's a link to the file download for the Reference maker
    http://webpages.charter.net/aofun/do...RefMaker20.zip

This is a 3rd party app but I have checked with FC and they said that they won't stop it as long as no exploiting can be done with it. So as long as people don't abuse it we have another roleplay tool too use.

I've wanted since the release of the game. Think I'll make another post and elaborate a bit.
    Last edited by Grimmtooth; Aug 19th, 2002 at 22:57:10.
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny