Thread: Question

Question

Who here thinks the booster pack is a warcraft 3 rip off?

Building towers, attacking and defending towers, sounds like either a rip off of starcraft or war craft to me

Any comments?

Re: Question

Originally posted by Emiko
    Who here thinks the booster pack is a warcraft 3 rip off?

Building towers, attacking and defending towers, sounds like either a rip off of starcraft or war craft to me

Any comments?
    Sure, here's a few:

Who said that's going to be the final name?
    Who has seen what these things look like?

I mean, we have no idea what this stuff will look like. If FC takes enough time to implement it right, it could turn out to be a fenced off area with huge gun emplacements, big shield generators, and other fun stuff.

Gaute used the word 'Towers' and I think people are seeing mortar and stone towers with arrow slits. It appears that's what you're thinking since the first thing you mention was 'Warcraft'. I'll excuse him for the moment for poor choice of terminology since he's Norwegian and was coming off having a child born the day before
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I dont mind though it blows a bit !

even though paying for just a patch blows how ever u put it .. i still will pay for it cause i love ao more than any other game out there and have already put in lot of hours in to my char.. so the most we can do is to hope they r not gonna charge us for every patch from now on !

Some people have compared it to real time strategy games. Build a base attack and defend in a strategic way (they hope). Sounds like a good idea too me.

Doesn't sound very original to me. I really thought AO's strongest positive was it's total originality. Now it seems it's turning into a watered down version of what it was supposed to be.. I hope Im wrong.

Original?

DAOC has takeable keeps. So I guess AO would just be ripping them off if they made outposts takeable. EQ had levels AND stats. I guess AO is just ripping them off. Hell I can think of a COUPLE of games that have pvp. What a gyp. FU FC!

Re: Original?

Originally posted by Xuric
    DAOC has takeable keeps. So I guess AO would just be ripping them off if they made outposts takeable. EQ had levels AND stats. I guess AO is just ripping them off. Hell I can think of a COUPLE of games that have pvp. What a gyp. FU FC!
    exactly!

If real time strategy games mimic real world real-time war decisions (Which most the games don't anyways), and if an MMORPG is suposed to put your character in a world to exist, whats wrong with a world at war having military actions being taken during war? I suppoe you perfer the realistic acomplishmen that a mission provides.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Im just not into the whole Return to Castle Wolfenstein type thing, one player defends a tower, another player tries to take it, sound boring to me I hope funcom makes more interesting content in the future,