Thread: Resignation

Resignation

Greetings to my fellow Clan citizens.

I am announcing my resignation from the Council of Truth Clerical Staff today. Almost two years ago a group of us embarked on a journey to restore this Council, to bring voice to the numerous clans and not just for the legacy clans. We have worked to set up a structure and rules and the like to make the Council efficient. At times perhaps we could have done better to serve the Clans at large. It's never been easy to act without authority. Nothing we do is binding outside the Council chambers.

So why am I resigning my post now? Well, that's a good question and to avoid baseless speculations I'll give my reasons. First off, my health has deteriorated despite all medical attempts to find the problem. Med stims keep the pain at bay but it's always distracting.

Secondly, I'm tired. It's time to get some fresh blood into the staff to reviatlize things. I have done my part and now it's time for someone else to get the spotlight. I have retired as leader of Whisper's Edge months ago and this retirement from the Staff is just a furthering of my withdrawal from public life.

Thirdly, it's been discouraging. The level of support given to the Council is almost nil. Perhaps that is the fault of myself and the other staff members. Perhaps it is the fault of the member Clans. Perhaps it's just the stubborness or "don't care" attitude prevalent among many Clans. Whatever the cause, it has taken a toll on my morale.

Fourthly, I am disappointed in the level of support given by the legacy Clans. They should be the role models of all the other Clans, icons that other Clan leaders can emulate. What we see is just a couple of legacy Clans making an effort to get involved. The one Clan I least expected to take a role, the Sentinals, has proven to be amongst the most active of the Council supporters, though admittidly in an almost bullying fashion. While the minor clans seem to be activly involved all over Rubi-ka, most of the Legcay clans members are in hiding and rarely make a peep.

Well, those are my reasons. I wish my replacement all the best of luck. I will remain in the shadows, available for consultations on a private basis for those wanting my opinions in much the same manner as Henry Radiman. Long live the Clans!

[OOC NOTE: I'm still plagued with health issue IRL and now that I have started working again, things are just inflamed worse. Also I have been working just about every weekend leaving me unable to attend CoT meetings. It's unfair to take up a staff slot if I cant actually be around to do anything. The general emptiness of my friends list due to people moving to other games or just disappearing has also made AO a lot less fun for me. The recent rashes of account hacks to other friends has alos shaken my confidence in this game. I'm not quitting but I see my hours in game as falling considerablly due to all these factors.]
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Jun 9th, 2006 at 23:01:43.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I believe the clerical staff has done the best they could considering what was given to work with.. it is sad to see you go.. my love.. -sighs heavily-

Nevver browsed her monitor reading through the Clan channels that the rebels thought were secure. "Whine, whine, whine! Omni-Tek is evil! Blah, blah, blah!" she thought. "Same old stuff."

Subject: Resignation
    Author: Vixentrox

"Hmmm..." The Nevver read the message, grinned a grinchy grin and clicked the reply button...

Dear Miss Skunk... er... Flowers,

I see you are finally wisening up to the futility of the CoT. The Clans are in shambles and I admire you for your wisdom in dropping from the losing horse before it ends up on the butcher's block for dog food.

Have heart though - all is not lost! Yet!

Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Thrower of Rocks

((I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, Vixentrox.

You're probably thinking that cutting back on the time you have to play is going to cause you to fall behind or lose touch with people and such but it doesn't have to be like that. I had to cut back a lot on my game time a year ago and, yes, you don't progress as quickly as those around you but you can still have a lot of fun. The only tough part is having large chunks of time in one sitting for doing the things that involve having to get it all done at once - like camping a spawn. You can still have fun, but you do need to adjust your goals and expectations. You'll find that you'll make better use of the time you have online and end up feeling like you're doing less sitting around because that's what you'll be doing - you'll accomplish more in the time that you do have by being more efficient with your time.

I've found that, while I don't get to play as much, I enjoy the time that I do have to play more than I used to as it's more of a treat now than something I do because it's a routine or because I feel like I have to or something. I feel more fresh when I log in rather than burnt out and I hope you have a similar experience.

Whatever you do, take care of yourself and have fun! ))

Nevver finished by attaching a virus to the message then clicking the send button.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Missed.

It's always sad to see long standing and respected people move on to other things. I can only wish you the best and note that you will be missed.
    "Moderates work with the expectation of goodwill and cooperation. To be effective they require that both sides of an arguement be reasonable..."

"I am not a Moderate."

Kayisa Agent and CoT Rep for RKA United.

Cathern,

I can't say that I like your decision but it's what we'll all have to live with. I loved every minute of working with you on the CS. You have always been one of my sources of inspiration, but you know that.

I'll be in touch to collect your Eva Pourais mask and riding crop. I believe we'll have to pass it on to Jen now.

Taren

My Queen,

When I saw you go the first time, it hurt. When I saw the effect on you because you left Whisper's Edge, I rejoiced. For I saw it was a good choice for yourself, and in the end maybe for Whisper's Edge too.

I hope this choice of leaving the Council of Truth will bring you the same relief, if not more.

It pains me to see such a charismatic leader leave it's position. But everything dies. I'm glad you don't let it wither.

Good luck to you, Cathy.

Jazhara "Hephedra" Kitt
    Former Unit Commander of Whisper's Edge

PS. I still have that bottle of wine...

Silvia looked over the various messages and saw one that stood out. "Resignation"

Well, Cath, can't say I know you well. Can't say we're bestest buds. But I can say, you've done alot on the Council. Heck, you've done alot for the Clans, period. I hope, in a soon eventuality, your health problems will be resolved. Belith knows I've been in that boat. Here's wishing you luck in your life.

Silvia "Taiseiten" Fromhell

Silvia stands up straight and salutes Cath

[I really do hope RL health, and otherwise, goes well for you. =) ]
    I live in my own world....

Unfortunatly, I didn't have enough Map Navigation to upload the map for it!

awww.

This kinda makes me sad.
    I wish you luck, health and I hope the Council will speak louder in the future.

Ya know, for some of us on the planet, we have no idea what the Council is discussing. There is a public grid channel, yes. But I think the CoT could use some networking, advertising, amplification , if you will.

CommLink: [/tell Sefus] for a free estimate
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Your pressence will be missed Cathy, you know what kind of insperation you have been to me and know just how much you have helped me so I will forgo the long speach and simply say that I will keep my com open for you and strive to keep in touch so there will be atleast one more person you will not feel yourself drifting apart from.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Why is it that all the "nice" and decent people who you actually want to deal with like Cathy and Henry are all in the shadows *sigh*. So sad. Such a sad loss for the Clans, and your neutral brothers and sisters will miss your presence as well.

(( Sorry to hear your RL problems. Know exactly what you mean, been having to take more time from game to sort out things like that (why is it so many of us seem to be messed up? wierd aint it). But am with Nevver here in it is possible to fit things in...just means trying to do things in big chunks at once or little drabs every so often. I know what you mean about people moving on to other games, sadly something which will always happen unfortunatly...but then again, there is always messenger Am not sure what it is, been through a few games with different friends, and some you tend to loose in the change of environment sadly, but then you find there is always a couple who stick with you no matter where you go Hope everything works out for the best, and have fun wherever you go. All the best ))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Thank you for all the kind words. I'm retired, but not gone completly. Never know when you might run into me. Except for Nevver of course, she avoids warfare like most folks try to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Except for Nevver of course, she avoids warfare like most folks try to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
    She puts a condom over her gun?

((Get better soon Vix))
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    She puts a condom over her gun?
    OMG I about spit when you said that...
    Last edited by Xaun; Jun 26th, 2006 at 19:30:43.

Farewell...

I'd hate to see a fellow clan member leave the game, and from what i've heard... you've done some good things for the clanners. But i'd hate to say this, but the CoT has become something of no importance lately.... when i first came to the game, and was told stories of the CoT... what an honor it would be to join one of their meetings...
    but this past month... i was invited to join one meeting... and in this meeting was nothing but a waste of time for me. Was insulted by one of the AoF members that was in the meeting. Also there was a lowbie atrox running around in a bikini... distracting the meeting...
    now to tell you the truth... i left the meeting... with disgust, and sad... to see what the CoT have become....

in this note.... i farewell vix... even though i've never met, but do support her will to fight for the clans.
    We came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. We're all outta bubblegum.

Sound familiar????????????
    [img]/images/spacer.gif[/img]
    http://www.guilduniverse.com/guildlist.aspx