Thread: Letter To The Neutrals From Aleriah

Letter To The Neutrals From Aleriah

Greetings,

I say to you neutrals do you relish in the thoughts of slavery? or is the warm blanket security of non commitance what you seek? Have you not seen the blanket threads unraveling around you? Have you turned blind eyes to Omni's take over of your city borealis? Have you forsaken you own longings for freedom? Why now in your darkest hour will you not stand up to omni? Why now will you not join hands in brotherhood to those who have stood by you unnoticed? i am talking of the Clan soliders who have defended and safeguarded your freedom while you stood idly by? They cannot do it alone as you can tell with the occupation of Borealis. Do you not remember what you were taught in your history lessons about World War 2? Does not the occupation Of Borealis bear similar imagery to Hitlers occupation of Russia? Did you think you friend and Ally in the Cause occupation not eventually see fit to take over the once place where ideas of freedom ran rampart? Why now must you still sit idly by and let you freedom be stripped from you? It is best said about neutrality "Suddenly it all comes down, all at once. You see what you are, what you have done, or, more accurately, what you haven't done, (for that was all that was required of most of us: that we do nothing). You remember the occasions in which maybe if you had stood others would have stood too. You remember everything now, and your heart breaks. Too late. You are compromised beyond repair." Will you still not stand up? Those who trade security for freedom deserve neither. I beseech you brethern Stand with us now and secure out freedom through armed conflict. Put aside the conspiracies and petty squabbling and join hands not as faction but as free brothers. Free from the tyranny of Omni-tek. Wether you stand or not I will stand for you. because I believe in your freedom and I believe in you. Will you not Now in your darkest Hour stand with me?

Yours truely in Armed Conflict,

Aleriah

It's more analogous to the seizures of the Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia. Neutrality remained that way for some time afterwards, and only after all of it was plunged into darkness did the neutral nations of Europe answer the call to arms, and even then, not all of them did. But... the comparison of Omni-Tek to Nazi Germany may be a bit disingenuous. Certainly Omni-Tek has individuals and organisations that bear some resemblance to the forces of fascism, but think carefully and understand that so do the Clans... though fascism isn't necessarily their way of thinking among the clans, closer to brutal anarchistic thuggery, but still, the analogy holds somewhat true.

And this is the problem facing the clans more than anything else. We yell and scream at Omni-Tek to cease their oppression and tyranny, but at the same stroke we refuse to step up and take responsibility for the same sorts of tyrants and thugs who dwell within our own ranks. A more productive call would be to demand the Council to clean it's own house before making similar demands on others.

I in no way represent the CoT, The CoT to me in someways bears resemblance to the Roman Senate. To much corruption and not enough action... I am a lone Clan Agent who believes in the power of a united Neutral State i only want Neutrals to realize their potential and step up to the plate and take what is there.... FREEDOM

So, lone Clan Agent, i'm not being harsh or judgemental but how would you clean up the Council of Truth? I would honestly like to know. ((seriously, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it.))

Everyone is so stuck on not doing anything when all it takes is a look around to see that while we are not involved in any major conflict at the moment, we have done quite a bit. I agree that we are not a perfect system but I personally intend to change things and those changes start with the Clans to realize why they're Clanners to begin with. To hell with the factions, why are you a clanner?

Are you a clanner to help the neutrals? ...or are you a Clanner because you are fighting for Clan freedom?
    Last edited by Astera; Jun 8th, 2006 at 14:26:34.

I am a Clanner because I believe in the rights we all deserve.... It wasnt a matter of joining a faction to join a faction. But To rightfull side with the group that best believes in what I do... and that is that Omni-tek has no place on rubi-ka unless it is under the thumb of the people.... the people run the corporation not the other way around. As for the CoT it should be disbanded. the reformed under a stong leader that will focus on 2 things the betterment of the quality of life and preparing battle lines for the ensuing conflict. It should take a firmer stand towards the assistance and defense of neutrals.

Well, disbanded... no. Changed, yes.

What if I told you that neutrality was a cause of a lot of heated debate in the Council? What if I told you that under current management, we cannot seem to move ahead because of the neutral issue? What would you then say?

Please keep in mind that I am not speaking for the council, just for myself as a person trying to make the council work.

Of course it is non-commitment we seek, that’s the nature of neutrality. Whether that is, or ever was, a warm blanket of security is very doubtful. It is however the way we have chosen, security or not.

And who says we sit idle? Many initiatives have been taken and many more will be taken. But we will resolve this our way, and not the way the Clans might have, as much as I respect their struggle for freedom.

The Council of Truth has clearly stated that they will respect our neutrality. A wise decision, which I hope will be shared by all of the Clans, aligned with the Council or not. Neutrals have seen many dark hours; I even doubt this is our darkest. Yet, we always managed to get back on our feet and we will do so again this time.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Well said Yarko.

I'd caution you against wishing too hard for a 'strong leader' as you put it, they often turn into dicatators when you aren't paying attention.

I have been seriously looking into the Council of late. What I see is a rather disorganised group with too many personal agendas going on and not enough time devoted to actual debate. I don't sense enough willingness to spend large amounts of time doing what needs to be done, ie debate, discussion, planning, and listening. Not all arguements and topics can be resolved in an hour, and spending time waiting for someone to get around to answering their comms and responding isn't terribly efficient... more than strong leaders, the clans need available and dedicated leaders, not just to the glory and action of the cause, but also for planning for the peace that follows our eventual victory. Transparancy and openess with those they serve, a willingness to go out and find people willing to help build the infrastructure the clans need, and understanding the difference between operational security and harmful secrecy. Of course saying that, it's well and good to make proposals for people to follow, but the inertia of the Council must be overcome to make any changes good or ill... and you have to have a voice there if you wish to be truly heard.

I, Juju, invoke Godwin's law for mentionning tha nazis, and hence this whole post is now irrelevent. Good night, and good luck everyone.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Well I envoke the US Army Soldiers right to mention that the nazi's only came around when strong leaders did nothing..... Germany could have avoided fascist take over has they had the intestinal fortitude to stand up and say this is wrong.... but they didnt they let hitler out of jail

The over-simplification of history there is absolutely astounding... words nearly fail. Had the Allies not enforced such a harsh and debilitating 'peace' upon post-war Germany with the Treaty of Versailles and actually attempted to make peace rather than examples and scapegoats, then the rise of the Nazi party was hardly likely. Instead, the imposed conditions upon a ravaged Germany that made life, indeed mere survival as a nation extraordinarily difficult. Add to that the forced humiliation of taking sole responsibility for the blame and is it any wonder the German people looked for vengeance and proved fertile ground for a message of hate from a short man with a mustache? Morality and ethics are luxuries that are difficult, if not impossible to achieve when you're starving and just trying to survive one day to the next.

The lessons that can be applied from what history has shown us there is that if we're going to achieve anything even remotely resembling lasting peace, both sides must acknowledge wrongs done and take responsibility for them. Once we achieve that, perhaps we can work out a peace that maintains the dignity of both sides and treats all parties with respect and fairness. Any other approach is only going to sow the seeds of the next conflict, making the entire peace process moot from the start.