Thread: Letter From Aleriah

Letter From Aleriah

I guess this is it for me... I have had enough of omni-tek and clan..... Omni-tek trying to rule the world and fellow clan members will cut the legs out from under you just to make a cred... I have been on this planet for far to long............ Either way whomever wins this struggle.... it doesnt matter anymore Clan or Corporation The elite few will always make life hard on the lower class...... I cant believe how far Clan has come from there goals... and how so many could bend and lose their faith and morals over some useless money.... We Have gone from Hardcore soldiers of rightousness to squabbling Beuaracracies(sp). Whole cities owned by individuals only looking to make a buck selling weapons to the highest payer wether it be omni or clan..... And Omni taking towers from clans because they dont care because a tower doesnt make enough money............ Since when did being a clan soldier become all about creds? I remember when we stood up as clan becuase we didnt agree with omni's greed of taking over everylittle bit of our lives from what we eat to what we do for a living... They stripped us of our very identity; and yet in the last year i have witnessed the soul and heart and determination of the clan spirit erode into such petty squabbling as to make me realize that is all you deserve, a number. But not just any number a number attached to a tag on your toe. Do you know why because you have lost heart. And when a man gives up on defending what is right all he deserves is death.
    Centuries ago on a planet called earth the very moral question we are faced with now was asked, And it is best answered by a man long dead who knew the answer to that question. His name was Patrick Henry and he summed it up very well, he said "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!". I say to you clan soldiers RISE UP SHED THE CHAINS OF SLAVERY AND FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES AND YOUR FREEDOM, PROVE THAT YOU DESERVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE.

Violence without focus is often meaningless, and pointless. Rage against the dying of the light and all that, but make sure that the rage you feel is focussed, productive, and when you strike, strike to kill. But first make sure that you need to strike in the first place. Blood flowing freely and bodies of the fallen make for a glorious cinematic, but if it's unneccessary because you haven't exhausted your diplomatic alternatives, the only cries of victory will be coming from the carrion feeders.

Diplomacy is all good but Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.. it is time for you neutrals to find a rock..

Clanner actually... and while that is one approach to diplomacy, it's a cynical one I prefer not to subscribe to. If both sides approach the table with that thought in mind, there is almost no point to the discussion in the first place, since treachery on one or both sides is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    since treachery on one or both sides is inevitable.

No matter how you go to the table... whether peaceful or not you said it treachery is invitable

Completely out of context there. My point was that if one or both sides is simply buying time until they're strong enough to strike decisively, then eventually whatever agreements that are struck are doomed from the start. If both sides come to the table willing to compromise and find a lasting peace, then that peace has a chance of sticking for the long term, and eventually the status quo will become that peace that neither side wants to break, since it is neither of their best interests. Diplomacy is not a zero-sum game.