Thread: Clan/Department Affiliations

Clan/Department Affiliations

Cosmik or Cz, will there be any concrete in-game effects on our org or members (either immediately, or envisioned in the future) depending on how we choose to align ourselves?

For example, would there be bonuses or penalties to org members skills (Knights-affiliated Clans getting melee bonuses and ranged penalties comes to mind)?

Would various guards attack or not attack members differently?

Would suppression gas be treated differently for someone who follows the Sentinels or the Dust Brigade than for someone who follows Terra Firma?

Would org affiliation be publicly available in game (ie, through /org info or shift+click) or through the org roster on the official website? I would imagine this could cause problems for DB sympathizers...

Please give us enough information about the effects of choosing an affiliation to present the options to our members and come to an informed decision
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

The main point of this is obviously to have a RP background for events.

-Filik.

What's up with Affiliation?

I have already seen 'Affiliation' in the player info boxes that appear with the 'Shift-click' method. Though, I'm not sure they weren't always there...hehe.

I should try doing it to myself to see. My guild leader told me that she had not been contacted and was not aware of this issue. So, I have no idea what the point of it all is.

So, Cz, more info please!

Typothetae
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

Missing Original Post, Below!

I just noticed that Cz's original post is missing from this thread....what happened? I am posting it below so people can see it:

Typo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was dated August 14:

We're currently working on gathering the affiliation from all the free clan leaders - step by step (don't contact us, we will contact you ), and hence though it was about time we gave you a short run-down of the different options you have. Any free clan can also choose to entirely independent, of course. (Belonging to a player run alliance counts as Independent, at least for now.)

Note that the list differs a bit from the one previously found on the old AO site. More detailed descriptions will come in the Story section (The Present) of the main site.

The Council of Truth
    The Council of Truth is a cross-clan political union led by a Council of Delegates, under the leadership of Henry Radiman. Headquartered in Tir. It’s the only clan organisation recognised by the Omni-Tek Corporation.

The Sentinels
    The Sentinels is a large, radical, anti-Corporate militant clan, led by the charismatic Simon Silverstone. They believe in a military solution to the conflict, and the total annihilation of Omni-Tek and its employees.

New Dawn
    New Dawn, led by Ruth Montezuma, is the largest and most liberal of the Council of Truth affiliated clans. They argue for a diplomatic solution to the conflict.

The Knights
    The Knights is a Council of Truth affiliated clan created around the romantic ideals of King Arthur’s Knights of the Round Table. Led by Lord Galahad, the Knights are headquartered in Avalon.

Terra Firma
    Terra Firma is a political clan working to establish a publicly elected, democratic Rubi-Kan government. Affiliated with the Council of Truth, and led by Hayden Okoli.

Vanguard
    Vanguard is a capitalistic clan with business interests across Rubi-Ka, working for a mutually beneficial – and monetarily satisfactory – solution to the conflict. Affiliated with the Council of Truth, and led by Alan Jacobi.

Gaia
    Gaia is an environmentally oriented clan, led by Sister Elsabet. Their goal is to construct a new nation, a Garden of Eden, on the opposite side of the planet. Affiliated with the Council of Truth.

The Unionists
    Radical political activists, led by Aideen Landau and affiliated with the Council of Truth, who want to exile all Corporate-affiliated citizens, and place Rubi-Ka under a clan-led regime.

Eco Warriors
    Eco Warriors is an extremist militant clan with conservationist and environmentalist dogma, which states that humans have no rightful place on Rubi-Ka.

The Coalition of Rubi-Ka
    The Coalition of Rubi-Ka is a direct rival to the Council of Truth, and counts many small clans amongst their numbers. Led by Dr. Shaun T. Broussard.

Solidarity
    Solidarity supports a peaceful solution to the conflict, albeit without the Council of Truth’s involvement. Led by Argot Mullen.

The Consolidated Clans
    The Consolidated Clans is a militant political assembly of smaller clans established to compete with the Council of Truth.

The Dust Brigade
    The Dust Brigade is a terrorist organisation. Note that while you can choose to affiliate with them, this will be only as sympathizers.

Finnaly some action i just love yuore questions lol hope and ARK GM could asnwer them