Thread: An open letter of Neutrality

An open letter of Neutrality

Due to recent events the question of what does being neutral mean. Because of this I am writing this open letter to Rubi-Ka in hopes of answering what neutrality is.
    I am only one person, a single voice among many, so I will only speak for myself. There maybe those that agree and disagree with me, but that does not matter, my voice can no longer be silent.

It appears to me to many on this planet being neutral is either being scared to pick a side, or confused to side. For me it means neither. I feel both side are wrong and foolish, and want no part of their fight. I came here to this planet to make a new life for myself, to make a home for myself. I did not come here to join a two hundred year war that with in the last two centuries has seen very little change. I am not about to feel hatred over past events which happened before I was born. Nor am I about to follow blindly to ideas and values of those who believe themselves to be righteous. I will not subscribe to either sides propaganda machines of hate, being fueled by memories of the past, instead of trying to learn from them.

I can think, feel, and see for myself. I do not need a Board or Council to tell me who and what I should and should not hate. I do not judge people by their alignment; rather I judge them by the person they are. I chose not to see people by their side, but by the actions that make them who they are. If I chose to take up arms it is not due to old hate, it is due to action taken against me and mine.

In all honestly I do believe and wish for peace. I hope someday Omni-Tek and The Clans see the foolishness in their ways and come to a true peace accord; however, do not mistake my dream of a better life means in anyway I will not fight. There are many on both sides that hold to the idea “if you’re not with us, your against us” and if that be the case then so be it. I believe in freedom of thought, but should thoughts turn to actions of aggression against me, and I will retaliate tenfold.

My being neutral does not in any way mean I will stand there quietly and let others push me around. Being neutral, to me, simply means I feel both sides are wrong and I do not have any desire to become another casualty in an endless war.

If in the end I must chose a side, let it be know that I am on my side, as I would rather die for what I believe then to close my eyes and fall blindly in line.

Beta “Foosball33” Cross

((I hope this comes across ok. What I had in mind and what I ended up writing are close but not quite the same. Well that happens a lot when I write. ))
    Last edited by FoosballX; Jun 6th, 2006 at 19:37:21.

Come to the Newland City council this Saturday and make yourself heard. This is what this council is for: to listen to the neutral citizens and act accordingly.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien