Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $19.95 for booster

So?

Schling, a little more information would have helped a response. 'So' is not actually a question therefore requires no answer. I expect you live in a quiet world!

Kytesta

Hey Cz... Come get some cookies

Cz..

Please put an end to this nonsense. I offer the following:

1 cookie if you can give us a W.T.A. on the announcement of a price.

2 Cookies if you can give an ETA on the price.

5 Cookies if you can tell us the price.

I don't have one but Ill bet somone will also throw in a new thong for you to dance in.

I still can't see any inormation about some features that were supposed to be in the game in the first place, like organisation buildings for example. One in my mind very important feature, that was announced even before launch as a feature to be in the game.. It is still not here... I paid around $49.90 for the game, plus the monthly charge since the start. Now they want me to buy the booster pack, and then the expansion pack whenever it is released.

Still remains the question: When will the original game be complete with the features that were announced from the start?
    I still haven't got my money's worth. Why pay more?

Just wondering...

Thumbs down

Sorry folks, but I agree with Jazcat about this one. We were supposed to get land control about 4 patches ago but still haven't seen it. Now, FUNCOM basically wants us to pay for the patches and adding of content. What the **** am I paying them every month for?! I'm sorry, but this game has been gimped from day one. It was a beta game when it was released and although FUNCOM drastically improved on the game, they still haven't fulfilled their original promises. I for one will not be buying any "booster" or "expansion" packs until the game delivers what was promised. I very much expect to be forced to quit before that happens.

Unfortunately, this game is dying a rapid death. There is barely anyone on RK2 anymore. The guild I belong to has already died. All high level characters are bored out of their minds. I'm getting sick of doing missions in Broken Shores. I've been dying for this land control thing because Clan and Omni are supposed to be at war. I remember way back when Omni-Entertainment was attacked by malfunctioning slayerdroids. It was so cool. My 50th lvl martial artist got his butt kicked but I ran right back there to get back in the action. Why isn't there more of that kind of stuff?!

I highly suggest the rest of you people wake up and smell the coffee! Otherwise, you'll be paying $15/month to play and $10 for every "patch" that comes out.

One little AC2-beta playing rabbit says wait for the open beta of that, it is quite promissing... I have not launched AO once since I got into the AC2 beta...

That too is supposed to be out for the Christmas buying season
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

AC2 is in beta?! Hot damn, I didn't know that. It does look like a sweet game.

On a more serious note, the marketing technique is going to most likely be AO special edition+booster=$24.95. A pretty good deal if you ask me. Whereas AC2 or SWG, if either of them are out, would be $49.95 or more. Say you are someone shopping for your nephew whom you only see twice a year, all you know is he wants an online game. You know essentially nothing of this genre, or of computer games in general. Thus, you simply buy a cheap online game, seeing the "Best MMORPG of 2001" plastered on the box (they really are taking that too far), overlooking the fine "PC Gamer Magazine" print.

Thus, FC sells lots of good stuff.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Re: $19.95 for booster

Originally posted by Kytesta
    EB Games has the booster priced at $19.95. If this is a booster and Shadowlands is the expansion, then Shadowlands will be a bit higher... say $24.99.

This means you pay $45.98 (guesstimated) for the 'complete' Shadowlands expansion!!

Enjoy
    That's pure BS (and I son't mean Broken Shores either)!!! Other companies sell their *full* expansions for $19.95. FC is only giving us a booster for that. You bet your bottom dollar that Shadowlands will be at least $24.99.

What's next??? A *booster* to fix lag????? <---- people might actually buy that

is anyone actually reading the threads about the price, or does everyone just like feeling big by flaming FC about it?

FC have most probably NOT decided on a price yet (they haven't even decided whats going in the darn thing yet). EB just put up a guess at the probably release date, and the probable cost, I'm guessing based on other games EXPANSION packs. So the final price is most probably lower.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

I agree with Liln.

When I know the price and the full content, then maybe I'll complain (or maybe not buy it), seems pointless before.

You never know they might charge $15 and stick in a months free subscription, you just don't know until the time of release.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    They DO have a marketing department over at FC, believe it or not.
    They do?

Oh I thought they had recently sacked em all in the recent reshuffle and the coffee boy had come up with the idea of the booster patch.

Unless

Dun dun dun ...

It was Intenseheat's Idea!!!!

OMG!! It all makes sence now!!!

I would gladly pay $5 for a perfectly cooked hamburger sandwich, with swiss cheese, sauted onions, and dijon mustard on a soft roll! Especially if accompanied by a side of potato crisps, and a lemonade!

However...I would not pay $5 for a rock, unless it was a very special rock.

Sometimes the rocks tell me to eat the sandwich, and I get sad.

heh just let me say one thing that i think will come =) and that is After Shadowlands they will sell Shadowlands + land control + AO in one pack... But ao isnt the only game to do this. Land Control was never promised.. It was Features That MIGHT! make it in to the game MIGHT!... and they NEVER mentioned How!
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Why worry about the price now?
    They haven't said anything yet. If it's too high *then* we bistache about it.
    I am hoping that it's only $15, and that SL, like the SpEd, will only be $20.
    Here's to hoping.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    SWG won't be coming out in time for Christmas, first off (some people fail to realize that it is officially slated for Q1 2003, but...), but I think that anything under $10 would probably be far too cheap. The materials themselves are about $3, then to ship it is another $3, international tarriffs would be about $2 (complete guess on that), then the store would get about $1... not much for FC. However, it's FC's choice how much money they think is fair for them to get and us to pay. But that doesn't mean we don't have a voice... Hence, I started this poll. Cast your vote... it's your money
    Um...... You do realize that Serious Sam and its expansion sold for about $15-19 each. Those were fully developed games that do not get a monthly payment from their customers.

Serious Sam was extremely successful.

Don't believe the hype. Even at $10 Funcom will make a nice fat profit on a "booster".
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

For those of you unfamiliar with Serious Sam, it was one of the best selling (and most critically acclaimed) first person shooters of 2001.

http://gamespot.search.com/search?q=...+Sam&x=18&y=11
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

1. Booster expected to be $10-15. My own personal guesstimate, but considering I see normal game expansions for $15-30, I would expect it to be around $10, and shadowlands probably $20. On a side note I bought the game on launch DAY and had to pay $50. At least I got a pioneer backpack for it.

2. Hajkster, you are correct. Land control was never PROMISED, it was a feature that would be 'nice' and had a CHANCE of being put in the game.

3. Of course things that they promised aren't going to make it. They promised this stuff before the game was programmed, and, as a programmer, sometimes you realise that some things just aren't possible (or worth the 45213451 manhours to make it look shiny). Plus half the promised stuff was probably made by the PR department that some programmer said MIGHT be possible.

If you don't think that #3 isn't a common story in the MMORPG business, you haven't been around for many launches. No MMORPG comes out perfect and as 'advertised'.

*Edited - Mayd stoopid grahmer misteak.
    Last edited by Newkr; Aug 19th, 2002 at 14:09:07.

Re: OMG Funcom thinks we are all MORONS !!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jazcat

...People quit talking about its only 20 bucks and all these Idiotic statements about you have to pay for more content when the true point is were paying for Crap that was promised at launch !!
    If you think it is crap - don't pay for it! There you go - simple solution.

Epoz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12