Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $19.95 for booster

$19.95 for booster

EB Games has the booster priced at $19.95. If this is a booster and Shadowlands is the expansion, then Shadowlands will be a bit higher... say $24.99.

This means you pay $45.98 (guesstimated) for the 'complete' Shadowlands expansion!!

Enjoy

Don't forget this is EB Games guess since Funcom hasn't released the offical price yet

Originally posted by Myers
    Don't forget this is EB Games guess since Funcom hasn't released the offical price yet
    I don't understand, do you think EB Games just made up a price and date and posted it?

Yes thats what all the online websites do before its confirmed.

Originally posted by Vydas

I don't understand, do you think EB Games just made up a price and date and posted it?
    Yep.

And if you buy it now, in X months EB will be tossing you an e-mail saying "The actual price of the AO Booster Pack is xxxx dollars. Do you still wish to purchase it?"

I had a pre-order on 'The Fragile', the last NIN album, for about 2 years before it was released. When it came out, it was 6 bucks more than they had charged me to pre-order it.

You think they let me off without paying the 6 bucks?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I dont understand, what makes people think that the booster should have been part of the Shadowlands expansion ? Looks like something very different to me.

They said some of the things in the Shadowlands weren't going to be possible for a holiday release, but some of the other aspects were, so they're pushing Shadowlands back and jamming together what they can to hit the XMAS shopping season. Hence booster pack.

Long live capitalism.
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Sp1, better that we get something than nothing, right?

I'm willing to give it a chance. If it sucks, I can always jump ship - there's a reason I pay on 1 month intervals. If it's great, well, then it's great!

As to being part of Shadowlands; I get the impression that the 'big feature' for the booster pack (towers/land control) was not going to be part of Shadowlands. So I'm not gonna jump FC on that. Since we don't know what was going to be in SL, and we don't know what is going to be in the booster, we're fundamentally uninformed as to what features were migrated. I suspect the migrated features are going to be very minor compared to land control and the promised SL adds (Jobe, profession specializations, etc.)

Didn't I tell you? I'm not only an anarchist, but a nihilist as well :P

I seem to remember that Gaute said something along the lines of FC realizing that to fully implement all the ideas they had for SL it would have pushed the release waaay back, so they decided to put together a "booster" featuring some of the ideas that they were excited about ( and thought they could accomplish pre-xmas season)

I could be wrong, but that's what I thought...
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Special is right. Land control was gonna be in SL, but they yanked it so that they could put something out in time for christmas. The booster will probably be $14.95 or $12.95, and put it in one of the new smaller boxes... ta-da! Your favorite stocking stuffer! Cheaper than Shadowlands or SWG! They DO have a marketing department over at FC, believe it or not.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I thought I recalled someone saying that land-control was NOT due for Shadowlands, but that several small SL features were going to be rolled into the expansion because they were easy to get ready.

Lightbulb ?!?!

if the boosters listed at 19.95 somethings seriously wrong.. thats about teh cost of ao in stores ( I got mine for 19.95 at a software store... new of course). Its been posted booster is significaly cheeper then an expansoin... and if the expansoins $25 and the game is $20.. and we pay $12 a month to play the booster should at least be somewhere lower.. If its like a ccg a booster should cost 1/3rd the cost of the main game... so that would be like... $6.65 yea I know packaging costs alot but still 7-10 bucks would be more booster price like. not more then just keeping your account active (you need it active and this) but not as much as buying a new game (buying patch +keepign active) and worth more then just keeping it as it is.

Oops, bad math

Firstly, apologies for my bad math on the first calculation on this thread. It would have been $44.98, not $45.98. I just thought I would mention this before someone else spotted it =)

What I hope happens is that the booster is about $6.95-$8.95 and the SL expansion is around $15.95 or so. This in my opinion would be acceptable. I will still buy SWG regardless, but if there is something new in AO, then I will still visit regularly. I have my DAOC and EQ disks lying around somewhere, and will add AO, DAOC, AC2, EQ2, etc to this collection. I like to experience them all as I class myself as being a bit of an addict to MMORPG. Heck, I could even locate my M59 disk if I did a bit of dusting around.

I don't really have a problem with the money side of boosters, or expansions, it was just the way it was proposed that initially annoyed me. If they had called this an intermediate expansion, or a small expansion at budget prices then there would be no issues. We would all accept it as an expansion and have done with. Its the fact that its got a 'new name' that got everyone wondering exactly what this is. I suppose at the end of the day, some programmers have sat back and created this for our enjoyment, so we may as well give it a shot. What have we really got to lose. $6 would get my car about 32 miles (UK player, that would be like 1 gallon of gas (petrol)).

I do hope they manage to bring it out before SWG as there is a greater likelihood of my purchasing, rather than after SWG as I will probably spend a fair few months on their waiting to whup on Darth Vaders helmet.

Lets see what happens and wait for the real release price. I only started this thread as a guesstimate and have no evidence whatsoever that the price I have plonked at the top is going to be anything like the real cost. Only Funcom can stop the rumors

Kytesta

SWG won't be coming out in time for Christmas, first off (some people fail to realize that it is officially slated for Q1 2003, but...), but I think that anything under $10 would probably be far too cheap. The materials themselves are about $3, then to ship it is another $3, international tarriffs would be about $2 (complete guess on that), then the store would get about $1... not much for FC. However, it's FC's choice how much money they think is fair for them to get and us to pay. But that doesn't mean we don't have a voice... Hence, I started this poll. Cast your vote... it's your money
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Hmm...

Originally posted by Kytesta
    EB Games has the booster priced at $19.95. If this is a booster and Shadowlands is the expansion, then Shadowlands will be a bit higher... say $24.99.

This means you pay $45.98 (guesstimated) for the 'complete' Shadowlands expansion!!

Enjoy
    So?
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Thumbs down /fc milks us

http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/pr...p?pf_id=228047

This must be a joke? The Booster costs as much as the Special Edition?

You guys did check out Basher Poll on price right? (Dai/Cz/Cos)

I am shocked, since this isn't an expansion and that is the going price for an expansion. I won't even bring up the fact that I paid 49.99 @ launch....
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    ...........Cheaper than Shadowlands or SWG! They DO have a marketing department over at FC, believe it or not.
    That was a joke right? Considering SL is an Expansion and SWG is a Complete Game?

If not well.......
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    ..... They DO have a marketing department over at FC, believe it or not.
    Perhaps they should fire the marketing department and use the money for a content development department.

Originally posted by TrueSoul

Perhaps they should fire the marketing department and use the money for a content development department.
    But now the slightly larger development team won't get any money and thats the end of this great game

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Myers

But now the slightly larger development team won't get any money and thats the end of this great game
    But at least they still have enough people subscribing the game. In the long run that might be better.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast