Thread: Misdirected Communication

Misdirected Communication

To: Tarhkan Zora, CEO of Omni-Tek
    From: Janella "Nevver" McCallagher, Enforcer of Many Things
    Subject: Grid Maintenance

Dear Sir,

It has come to my attention that our Grid system on Rubi Ka is looking a bit shabby as of late. Most Grid terminals around the planet are badly in need of a cleaning and fresh coat of paint - and probably a good degreasing due to the buildup of rollerrat fat from the hands of Clanners.

I realize that funds are somewhat tight at the moment with the occupation of Borealis and that such a project is probably not within the current budget, but I believe we can raise the credits to make it possible without straining any other operations. I propose that we place toll booths at every Grid terminal on the planet where a charge would be claimed from every non-employee who wishes to use the terminals. As a side benefit, revenue collected above what is needed for Grid maintenance could be used to support the Borealis operation - we might as well let the Neutrals pick up the tab for it.

According to my cost analysis, a charge of 1 credit per security level would be sufficient to cover the costs of fixing up the terminals from their current state and provide enough for ongoing maintenance into the future in addition to helping offset the Borealis operation. I was also considering an additional toll booth at each exit within the grid at a fee rate of 100,000 credits per security level (we might as well go for it, right?), but I don't believe the unwashed masses will sit still for that. However, they should be willing to pony up the 1 credit per security level for entrance with little more than some grumbling just like they mindlessly do so for their mission assignments; your call though.

I await your response.

Respectfully,

Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

What an excellent idea Nevvar! How about you demonstrate how well this works by implimenting it for Devil's Advocate first so we can all see how this process works. Pony up for progress!
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    What an excellent idea Nevvar! How about you demonstrate how well this works by implimenting it for Devil's Advocate first so we can all see how this process works. Pony up for progress!
    I'm slightly confused now... Nevver proposed that this tax was to be for non-employees, meaning people not within the Omni-Tek corporation, and last time I checked, Devil's Advocate was, in fact, a part of Omni-Tek.

Quote Originally Posted by skybert
    I'm slightly confused now... Nevver proposed that this tax was to be for non-employees, meaning people not within the Omni-Tek corporation, and last time I checked, Devil's Advocate was, in fact, a part of Omni-Tek.

I think it was a polite way of telling her to "shove it up her Notum Cannons". I will say this though about Ms. McCallagher, she really does seem to enjoy her job.
    MostShady
    General of Whisper's Edge
    ----------------------------
    Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by MostShady1
    I think it was a polite way of telling her to "shove it up her Notum Cannons". I will say this though about Ms. McCallagher, she really does seem to enjoy her job.
    It might be cause I'm a trox, but I wasn't really able to translate what she said into what you said she said.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I suppose I should have mentioned in the depths of my sarcasm that the fence sitters and the savages really need the direction and nurturing of a large hypercorperation to show them the one right way to live. I mean look at us, we just don't know any better really. Its not as though we have had a way of life that has persisteted in the face of adversity for a hundred years or more is it?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Nevver returned from a satisfying lunch. For dessert, she had a "cannoli" - a delicious concoction of sweetened ricotta cheese inside of a fried tube. It was the last part that went through her mind...

"There must be a way to make a trap out of those things that would shoot a small missle down the throat of Clanners when they take a bite."

Nevver puzzled and puzzled until her puzzler was sore.

She decided to file the thought until later on as she needed to turn her attention to the machine that was bureaucracy. Red tape always annoyed her as it seemed a barrier for action but she did her best to be thorough and get through it as quickly as she could to move on to her favorite parts of her job like interrogating people.

"First things first," she thought and turned to her grid mail.

"Bwack-bwack what!?!?" Nevver cawed as she saw the list of replies to the mail she sent to her boss's boss's boss's boss's boss. "How could...?"

She scanned through the names... Clanners, Neutrals, other employees... the whole darned planet it seemed! With a sigh, Nevver settled back into her chair and put her puzzler to work again.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I had those spin doctor implants installed," she thought.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Shame you didn't instal intelligence and computer litteracy ones instead. Or else you'd set up firewall, so masses wouldn't read your memos or check security logs. And you should shower more, noone checks those logs to gather information....
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.