Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Open letter to Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    Former-CEO Philip Ross is currently under Omni-Med treatment and Omni-Pol Elite Forces guard. And he is still being fed through a tube. Tarkhan Zora is the voice of Omni-Tek on this planet, and I suggest you learn to listen.

Listen to this..

GO AWAY! WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

Thank you..
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    Listen to this..

GO AWAY! WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

Thank you..
    Who's we? You're on our land, always have been, you're lucky you don't pay rent.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

We need to stop looking forward to the second coming of Ross since it seems that OT is happy to leave him in what ever comatose state he is in and give more sweeping powers to Zora.

While it would be nice to look at a grid feed and see the headling "Ross Returns!" I will not lead my life as if it were to happen any day soon. No I will lead my life as if the assassin had killed him and deal with the world as it has become. A more hostile and deadly place than ever before.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    Former-CEO Philip Ross is currently under Omni-Med treatment and Omni-Pol Elite Forces guard. And he is still being fed through a tube. Tarkhan Zora is the voice of Omni-Tek on this planet, and I suggest you learn to listen.
    See thats the problem. Nothing Zora does is any good. He's just a thug. Have they delivered his Duster uniform yet?

Ross had a brain atleast, and was able to see that things could be made to improve the lives of people on RK by opening up dialogue and trade. I wouldn't be surprised if Zora is making sure Ross doesn't make a full recovery.

Either way its simple. Your not wanted in Borealis. So leave!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Unfortunately there is nothing I or most of the other Omni-Tek employees on Rubi-Ka can do, bar remain loyal and hope that the ICC will intervene before things get too messy.

I observe, and am saddened by what I see.

You live on Omni-Tek land, freely and without rent. You enjoy the fruits of hundreds of years of Omni-Tek colonisation, freely.

Omni-Tek decides they need to protect a special piece of hardware that will be needed in coordonating the Goliath-class superweapons, and you scream.

Omni-Tek comes to -THEIR- land, and you protest.

You are right on one thing, and I shall be forced to turn your words on you, should you not desire to respect company policies:

You are not wanted here. Leave. Now.

Those who remain peaceful to the occupational forces will not be harmed. If you participate in a manifestation that turns hostile towards our Unicorn forces, expect collateral damages. If you dont want to see the inside of a reclaim booth, simply stay away from agressive protesters.

Swell the ranks of the rebels if you must, or go build a mud hut in the outlands. But as long as you remain on Omni-Tek land, you will obey the company.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

((Edit: A quick reminder to only take this as IG speak. I am not flaming players, I am talking to characters))

I observe, and am saddened by what I see.

You live on Rubi-Ka, exploiting its resources. You enjoy the excess of hundreds of years of Omni-Tek colonisation, with no regard to the harm you cause.

Clan decides they need to stop your disregard for the planet you pillage, and you scream.

Clan comes to save -OUR- land, and you protest.

You are right on one thing, and I shall be forced to turn your words on you, should you not desire to respect Rubi-Ka:

You are not wanted here. Leave. Now.

Those who remain peaceful to the occupational forces will not be harmed. If you participate in a manifestation that turns hostile towards our Eco-Warrior forces, expect collateral damages. If you dont want to see the inside of a reclaim booth, simply stay away from agressive protesters.

Swell the ranks of the corporation if you must, or go live offworld in luxury. But as long as you remain on Rubi-Ka, you will respect the land.

Clan Restores

How would this message strike you if Clan had taken a more major city?
    Omni continues to wave its paper contracts in the air, some of which may not even be valid, and expects the citizenry of Borealis to simply accept their documents and their guns, with no verification that they will even bother to respect their own contracts. There is no outer time limit for the occupation of Borealis, no terms on which victory will be claimed or defeat accepted. You call this mockery of your own system right?
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo
    Unfortunately there is nothing I or most of the other Omni-Tek employees on Rubi-Ka can do, bar remain loyal and hope that the ICC will intervene before things get too messy.
    Not strictly true. You can join the protestes in Borealis if you feel so inclined. As long as you keep to peaceful protesting and do in your spare time (i.e. it does not come in the way of your job at Omni-Tek) you should be fine.

Also, we do have a way to let our voice be heard through official channels with the Omni board of Directors. The Omni Board of Director meets every month. Here http://www.ot-affiliates.org/main.ph...epresentatives
    is a list of the representative of the different OT organisations who attend. If you organisation does not take part, contact one of the other representatives at let them know your concerns. I know for a fact that Msice, the representative of the Society of Salvation was present at the Borealis protest; you could speak to her.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Your little fantasy is cute, clanner.

However there is a single difference you seem to be ignoring between us.

Omni-Tek is in legal control of the planet.

The Clans are oath-breakers who turned on the company that brought them the freedom of Insurance and Notum-rich lifestyle.

Omni-Tek has the legal lease of the planet.

The -entire- planet.

Of course, you will not care. You only care about laws that serve you, as long as they are useful to you. You will continue stealing resources from the only real, legal operating force on Rubi-Ka, because you think that your views make it right.

It is not. You are a parasite on Omni-Tek's property. Take care not to be scratched off.

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    Clan Restores
    Very funny, for a group that attempts to mine notum faster than our Great Company.
    Very funny, for terrorists who allow their own to shoot neutrals on sight.
    Very funny, because you actually believe your own propaganda.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.
    Last edited by JubileX_Prime; Jun 3rd, 2006 at 11:20:40.

I am not a clanner. I merely wished to point out how ludicrous your letter is when you defend this military takeover. Again I wish to point out that no time limit or terms of victory or defeat have been set.

I migrated here on an ICC shuttle. I signed no contract to Omni-Tek. Many of the people of Borealis came to the city this way. Others were born here on Rubi-Ka and also have signed no contract to Omni-Tek.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Your presence on Rubi-Ka is your contract. There is no way to come here, on an ICC shuttle or otherwise, without an obligation to become an Omni-Tek employee. Neutrals are obviously granted amnesty, and Clanners have been given their own territory and left alone. If Omni-Tek wished, it could bring fleets of battleships from neighboring planets and reclaim Omni-2 and wipe out Tir without a single man on the ground. But again, even the Clanners have been granted a form of amnesty. Remember who terraformed the land for you, who brought you or your parents here, and, most of all, remember that the ICC is not going to be your friend. The ICC is only interested in an uninterrupted flow of notum, and if you rebels threaten that flow, as the unionists have already begun to do, you will have to deal with it as well.

Glad to see that indentured servitude and serfdom are alive and well in such a modern and advanced society such as ours... it brings a sense of continuity with the past. Just goes to show you that no matter how advanced our technology is, humanity can still act just as cruelly and selfishly as when they first crawled out of the caves.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo
    Your presence on Rubi-Ka is your contract. There is no way to come here, on an ICC shuttle or otherwise, without an obligation to become an Omni-Tek employee. Neutrals are obviously granted amnesty, and Clanners have been given their own territory and left alone. If Omni-Tek wished, it could bring fleets of battleships from neighboring planets and reclaim Omni-2 and wipe out Tir without a single man on the ground. But again, even the Clanners have been granted a form of amnesty. Remember who terraformed the land for you, who brought you or your parents here, and, most of all, remember that the ICC is not going to be your friend. The ICC is only interested in an uninterrupted flow of notum, and if you rebels threaten that flow, as the unionists have already begun to do, you will have to deal with it as well.
    Actually you are grossely misinformed, the shuttles that bring people in are ICC shuttles, also there are hundreds of thousands, millions, of people who were BORN on this planet. While OT may pay for the transit fee for some people, others have money at their disposal to pay for their own passage, and ofcourse there are the afore mentioned native Rubi-Ka-ians. Or do you count being born as a shuttle ride at OT expence, even if omni med was never involved in the birthing.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    Glad to see that indentured servitude and serfdom are alive and well in such a modern and advanced society such as ours... it brings a sense of continuity with the past. Just goes to show you that no matter how advanced our technology is, humanity can still act just as cruelly and selfishly as when they first crawled out of the caves.
    Again, you fail to read the fine prints, while spouting meaningless propaganda.

We choose to work for the greatest Corporation in the known galaxy. We want to share in their wealth, power and technology. We want to spread it. And we will.

This entire planet is under lease by Omni-Tek. The entire land belongs to them by contract. A contract designed and authorised by ICC. Should you be unhappy with your current condition, we strongly suggest you look into planetary relocation. I will even pay for your shuttle ticket, with my ill-gotten credits gained from inhumanitarian acts of cruelty towards rocks. Or something.

You may not choose where you are born, but you are allowed the freedom to choose where you will live, if you are willing to follow the law.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

As they say, the Devil (or some other contruct of social evils personified) is in the details... and you do seem to obsess over those a bit more than may be healthy. Perhaps you might understand that some of us want no part of the greatest corporation in the galaxy and are willing to fight for the freedom to dwell on the planet of our birth without their interference in our basic freedoms, not just the paltry substitute they offer as a bribe to pacify our hearts and minds. No amount is enough to sacrifice my right to freedom, nor is any price too high to pay to bring me that freedom.

As they say, the Devil (or some other contruct of social evils personified) is in the details... and you do seem to obsess over those a bit more than may be healthy. Perhaps you might understand that some of us want no part of the greatest corporation in the galaxy and are willing to fight for the freedom to dwell on the planet of our birth without their interference in our basic freedoms, not just the paltry substitute they offer as a bribe to pacify our hearts and minds. No amount is enough to sacrifice my right to freedom, nor is any price too high to pay to bring me that freedom.
    Details are the very DNA of corporate dealings. All original employees and settlers who came t Rubi-Ka signed a contract with the corporation, a contract that states, in alinea 455 of section 32-A, that such obligations of service to the Corporation are to be transferred to further generations by default until the original Omni-Tek lease of Rubi-Ka is concluded. You can verify that with Omni-Admin.

And of course, the price to play for your so-called freedom is never too high, as long as thousands of your allies walk with you into the bullets. Perhaps you were made aware that not all clanners share in your view ? Yet you would willinly put their lives in danger as well? Sounds like corporate drivel to me.

We are your makers, literally, Opifex. Choose to live as you will, but do not pretend to be superior to your creators. We have thousands of years of experience to back us. You have less than a millenia. Come back in a few thousand years.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    obligations of service to the Corporation are to be transferred to further generations by default until the original Omni-Tek lease of Rubi-Ka is concluded.
    As I recall, our ancestors fought the Omega for generations to abolish slavery...
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

I must say I'm impressed. Not just settling for the first born anymore, are we? Good to see that there has been some progress after all. However, that free will thing... really should have left that out if you honestly expected to enforce that laughable clause. Perhaps the almighty creator erred when he made his creations a bit too well? Forgive the analogy of Omni-Tek as an individual, but it seems poetically correct given the reverence the employees hold.

Though to be honest, I don't care who walks with me into the bullets. I'd be happy to face Omni alone if need be. I do not need the approval of others, the sense of camaraderie, the togetherness of unity to feel the conviction of my beliefs. I am with others because I choose to be, not because I need to be.

Though to be honest, I don't care who walks with me into the bullets. I'd be happy to face Omni alone if need be. I do not need the approval of others, the sense of camaraderie, the togetherness of unity to feel the conviction of my beliefs. I am with others because I choose to be, not because I need to be.
    Here-here!
    Fine words Hermiaa.

I must say I'm impressed. Not just settling for the first born anymore, are we? Good to see that there has been some progress after all. However, that free will thing... really should have left that out if you honestly expected to enforce that laughable clause. Perhaps the almighty creator erred when he made his creations a bit too well? Forgive the analogy of Omni-Tek as an individual, but it seems poetically correct given the reverence the employees hold.

It really is a shame that you walk among the Clans. You would've made a great Omni-Tek Commander.

It will be an honor to meet you in battle. Should there be one.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast