Thread: IRRK: Open letter to Omni-Tek

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Open letter to Omni-Tek

Open letter to Omni-Tek
    June 1, 29480 - Zephrem King [Global]

Date: June 1, 29480.
    To: Omni-Tek Directors.

Dear Directors,

I have read the first reports of the situation in Borealis with an utmost lack of understanding. It took me a while to realise that these reports are true and that Omni-Tek has indeed invaded Borealis.

This act of aggression towards the civilian population of Rubi-Ka could be seen as a prime example of a war crime. It will come right second to the slaughter of save Haven Town in the year 29209 in the great book of atrocities. The unprovoked attack of Borealis, the invasion of Neutral Territory is a slap into the faces of every peaceful being, an insult against every single neutral inhabitant of this world.

The screams of agony, the outcries must have carried over the endless darkness between Rubi-Ka and Omni-Prime, waking the Directors in there beds. The current situation in Borealis is highly explosive for all sides. This taunt can very easily result in hostile activities, therefore we should all work together, in order to prevent such a thing from happening, both now and in the future.

Please understand this letter as my formal protest against your actions in Borealis. In the name of the citizens of Newland I insist on the immediate withdrawal of all military and administrative Omni-Tek personal from Borealis.

Regard,
    Newland Council
    Mayor Zephrem King

Interesting to see someone officially standing against Omni-Tek, but I honestly doubt a mere letter of protest will change their minds. They must of thought about the possible reprisals against them before they moved in.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

But atleast it goes to show that Omni-Tek was definintly not invited in and is fact a hostile occuping force
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Omni-tek will just laugh at words... they only respond to action.

Kill the Unicorns
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Actually, just killing them will not be enough, after all there is reclaim.

To make them leave you are going to have to do more than just attack them, you are going to have to make the situation totaly untenuable. Destruction of their equpment, disruption of the resuply and sudden shocking assults using massive numbers of personel so that they have no chance at victory
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Actually, just killing them will not be enough, after all there is reclaim.

To make them leave you are going to have to do more than just attack them, you are going to have to make the situation totaly untenuable. Destruction of their equpment, disruption of the resuply and sudden shocking assults using massive numbers of personel so that they have no chance at victory
    That is exactly what I have been saying, but it seems certain people are unwilling to do what they know must be done. If they are unwilling to fight, then they truely desrive to lose their city.
    May the sands wash away your sins

I can't think of many circumstances in which someone actually deserves to lose their homes... well and good to blame Omni, but don't blame the victims of Omni aggression for simply being in the way.

Hermiaa is correct, to blame them for the loss of their homes is simply wrong, they are the victims here and are deserving of no fault or blame.

I am moved by the first official move towards a resolution of this situation.

Finally, someone with more brains than ammunition decides to step up and adress the situation in a mature and intelligent way.

Be it as it may, a long-term solution must be found and put in place in order for the occupation force to be allowed to withdraw.

The main reason given to the populace is the security of the Communications Array, which was in jeopardy due to insufficient defenses. If Borealis is willing to fund and support a sufficient defensive force to protect the Omnitek array from both terrorist, clan and alien invaders, and foot the bill on military defensive gear, the board of Directors will be happy to vote on removal of troops.

Think OmniTek: Spending is bad, profits are good. If they can be secure in the knowledge that their equipment will be safe without spending the millions of creds to do it themselves, it is the smartest, and fastest, way to end this situation.

This is just an employee's point of view.

OmniTek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

The word is more powerful than the sword.

Jubilex has the right idea. Omni-Tek is only trying to protect its interests, and would be happy to pull out of Borealis if only it were confident that its Comm Array was secure.

I'm still awaiting an ICC response on the matter, but I wholeheartedly support the mayor's efforts here.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    I'm still awaiting an ICC response on the matter, but I wholeheartedly support the mayor's efforts here.
    What response? Pretty sure they are in bed together, musta been a nice chunk of change to have them look the other way
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

((Someone mentioned Safe Haventown. Wow. ))

Bump for the Mayor.

Then again, war is inevitable
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I feel we Neuts are perfectly capable of defending our own city.

Omni must remove their forces or we will be forced to take action!

(wondering where the Bor Mayor is in this conflict?)
    Last edited by Archon5; Jun 2nd, 2006 at 05:41:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon5
    (wondering where the Bor Mayor is in this conflict?)
    From the speech by Nelolius (RK1, no idea about RK2)

[Vicinity] Nelolius: With all this said, the "elections" previously in place in this city are hereby terminated and invalid.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Omni-Tek has selected Administrator Jessica Lonare of Omni-Admin to run this city with the assistance of myself and Unicorn Colonel Eric Seliniss.

Obviously since the person in question was appointed by Omni, they're on our side

As for neutrals defending themselves and their (Our) city, Omni tek are here to defend what belongs to them, you can keep defending yourselves somewhere else.
    Last edited by Tianai; Jun 2nd, 2006 at 06:04:54.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

I feel that with OT giving no respects on privacy to the citizens of Borealis. OT can expect nothing more than hostilities from all Neutral citizens.

Neutral citizens may find friends elsewhere if Omni's arent so interested in letting us live in peace. Some clans may be willing to help on this issue?

Et Wuuhd ov neevah hypp'nd iv Mystah Ross warz styll CEO
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/rensig54.jpg
    A karrut iz ahz kluuse ahz a rahbet getz too a dymuundz

This is beyond a joke. Omni-Tek MUST leave Borealis now. No excuses, they shouldn't be there in the first place. The "keeping us safe" trash is nothing but a PR cover up for massive aggression against the heart of the neutral population, its businesses and its beliefs.

The ICC is also something which has been hugely quiet. TOO QUIET. What the hell do they think they are doing? Almost five years ago they arrived on Rubi-ka for one mission. To protect the neutral population and property from Omni and Clan aggression. They did fine in Meetmedere, but that was a long time ago. Now where they hell are they? They are here with a mission, and they are failing in that mission. They must act now before more neutral property is taken, and more neutral lives are lost. Neutral beliefs and values are being shattered by this act of aggression. Familys are being displaced, going missing, or down right being shot at by this unprovoked, and clear act of aggression.

We all know the ICC has those big bad spanky rays in orbit. So I call for them to stop sitting on there hands and put the law down on Omni-Tek. Point the bloody things at Zora's office and give him 24 hours to get his sorry ass out of Borealis or his office will be dusted. If they ICC are too chicken to stand up against him than fine, give me a call and I would personally love to press the button to get rid of that low life running Omni-Tek RK.

Someone please check up on Ross. He atleast understood our right to our freedoms, beliefs and way of life.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Someone please check up on Ross. He atleast understood our right to our freedoms, beliefs and way of life.
    Former-CEO Philip Ross is currently under Omni-Med treatment and Omni-Pol Elite Forces guard. And he is still being fed through a tube. Tarkhan Zora is the voice of Omni-Tek on this planet, and I suggest you learn to listen.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast