Thread: IRRK: Gridfeed Report from Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Gridfeed Report from Borealis

June 1, 29480 - [Global]

Our reporter Allen Diaden sent this report from the streets of Borealis:

“It seems that the protestors are becoming more and more organised as the day progresses. I have heard rumours that there may be even larger scale protests planned for the weekend and we have even spotted some signs of anti Omni-Tek propaganda being distributed on the streets of the city.

The security situation is certainly tense; several times I had to find cover as sporadic exchanges of gunfire broke out between protestors and Unicorn forces. I even saw some clan members attempting to hold the whom-pah station for a length of time.

Neutral citizens appear worried that the conflict will tear apart this once peaceful town where Omni-Tek and Clan mingled with them and conducted business only a few short days ago. So far the Unicorn Company has not aggressively deployed their forces and the Juggernaut that has been stationed in the city has yet to be called into action.

The protests have certainly been constant though, and those I spoke to expressed concern as to how the situation would develop. Omni-Tek is not known for backing down and some fear that the protests may trigger further troop deployments whilst some have faith in their peaceful protests.

One thing remains certain, there doesn’t seem like there is a peaceful solution on the horizon right now. This is Allen Diaden on the streets of Borealis signing off.”

Long Live La Resistance!

Free Borealis!
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Welcome to Borealis, once the shining jewel of the neutral lands, now the new warzone.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

May Borealis soon be a free city again.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Vvv
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Good luck to you all, and keep one eye on the sky. Not for alien attacks, but for Omni reinforcemtns coming in by shuttle.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Citizens.

Omni-Tek is determined to keep its assets safe. Borealis is an Omni-Tek asset.
    Therefore, you will be protected, both from terrorists and alien invaders.

Peaceful protests will be tolerated. I do stress the word peaceful. Any support of insurgents, including medical or nanotechnological assistance, will be met with deadly force, should those insurgents choose to assault our Security teams.

Borealis will remain safe. You will remain safe.

Omni-Tek is your friend.
    CybertroniX Watches.

You cant even protect your selves from being infaltrated by the Dust Brigade at the highest levels, how do you honustly expect anyone to believe you to be compitant to defend an area that you are occuping with a large, hostile, military force.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    You cant even protect your selves from being infaltrated by the Dust Brigade at the highest levels, how do you honustly expect anyone to believe you to be compitant to defend an area that you are occuping with a large, hostile, military force.
    Nor can you keep from being infiltrated by Dust Brigades. We just managed to locate the ones infesting our company. Omni-Reform is currently studying hundreds of cases to insure the future security of the Corporation.

And please, inform me which area we are occupying with a hostile military force. As far as I know, no hostile forces are deployed. Unless you are clan or alien. In which case you seem to refer to all Omni-Tek facilities, as well as the city of Borealis under Omni-Tek Protectorate.

Barely a few puddles of blood to clean on the permacrete this week. I suppose the clans finally learned to keep away from our facilities. - Omni-Tek Cleaning Crew quote.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Well since there can not be two leaders of the dust brigade in existance, nor do we have anything close to the Unicorn Company, even if we do have agents in our ranks it is definitly only for pure information, unlike your case where it was training AND advanced weaponry.

You are making some odd assumptions there, Citizen. Training and weaponry? Tell me, we are all quite aware of Commander. Maelfus position within Omni-Tek and -Pol, but do you really believe, whatever his power may have included, he could have the Dust Brigade waltz into a training session and then wander off with some of the weapons?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    You are making some odd assumptions there, Citizen. Training and weaponry? Tell me, we are all quite aware of Commander. Maelfus position within Omni-Tek and -Pol, but do you really believe, whatever his power may have included, he could have the Dust Brigade waltz into a training session and then wander off with some of the weapons?
    You are seriously underestimating the Dust Brigade, "Citizen."

What was to stop Maelfus from corporate misinformation? He might claim he has scheduled excersizes in Galway and then trains his troops elsewhere, leaving the equipment gridded in for the excersize easy pickings.

Just because he could have the Dust Brigade disrupt a training session doesn't mean he had to do it. One way of training is to gather information about military excersizes and deployment strategies, which can be far more dangerous than individual troopers. If you know how your opponent will react, you can make countermeasures for those reactions.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    even if we do have agents in our ranks it is definitly only for pure information, unlike your case where it was training AND advanced weaponry.
    Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    One way of training is to gather information about military excersizes and deployment strategies, which can be far more dangerous than individual troopers. If you know how your opponent will react, you can make countermeasures for those reactions.
    I just had to quote this and laugh ^_^

Nothing else to say at this time
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    Do you really think that he did not divise ways to counter their tactics and pass them on to the other Dusters? That he left all his knowldge at the door when he was exposed?

And as to your comment about the weapons, they are numbers on an invantory sheet, nothing prevents some one coming in picking out a rifle or crate of rifles and having an inside man list them as "not recived, lost in transit" or "Damaged beyond use and destroyed" or simply saying that yes they are there but cant be found due to the fact we just switched storage warehouses. Any good supply officer can tell you atleast a dozen ways to make an item disapear and a bad one can tell you a lot more.

Oh lets not forget my favorit. "Well Sir, the targeting information on our artilery suffered a malfunction and we just dropped a few kilo-ton of high explosives on our equipment convoy/warehouse and destroyed everything and we need replacements" All the while people are loading up trucks with the "destoryed" gear and driving off