Thread: IRRK: Increase in protests disrupt Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Increase in protests disrupt Borealis

June 1, 29480 - [Global]

Omni-Tek was under increasing pressure yesterday to review the situation in Borealis as mounting protests from neutral factions and even seemingly some errant factions within the company continued to disrupt everyday life in Borealis.

Unicorn forces appeared unable to quell the disturbances and many protesters were seen moving towards the city as rumours of more organised protests over the weekend began to filter across grid channels across Rubi-Ka.

It is understood that the Council of Truth and the Newland city council as well as several prominent organisations on all sides have called for emergency sessions. It is also believed that the usual channels of communication with Omni-Admin have been silent on the affair after recent statements about increased security measures failed to lower tensions on the city streets.

Omni officials refused last night to confirm the number of Unicorn troopers that had been forced to reclaim by militant protesters and rumours that their forces had not been issued with sufficient free movement stimulants that allowed protestors to escape from their attentions.

The situation certainly shows no sign of calming down and all factions seem to be on edge regarding what might happen next. Is this situation a sign of an Omni-Tek campaign to take over all neutral territory or will they back down in the face of growing civilian unrest.

The situation will not calm until Borealis has been freed from oppression.

Free Borealis, Free For All!
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Praecautus
    The situation will not calm until Borealis has been freed from oppression.

Free Borealis, Free For All!
    I agree brother!

Free Borealis!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Once again, the neutrals, without any prompting by their "leaders" , but banding together by common interest, are proving once again that the greatest motto about the neutrals is a very simple one :

"Don't thread on me".

I'm not involved in this as i'm currently working on newland city computer security measures , but I'm sending good vibrations to the borealis resistance crew, and hope fervently that we'll get borealis back.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    Once again, the neutrals, without any prompting by their "leaders" , but banding together by common interest, are proving once again that the greatest motto about the neutrals is a very simple one :

"Don't thread on me".

I'm not involved in this as i'm currently working on newland city computer security measures , but I'm sending good vibrations to the borealis resistance crew, and hope fervently that we'll get borealis back.
    They awoke the peaceful dragon ... and now they are going to pay ... time to fear the Borealis Citizens from all sides. We will not stop fighting until every last Unicorn is gone!
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

OT-Admin has always sought out ways to constantly control trade on Rubi-Ka and thus try to control the clans. What they did not anticipate was that we Neutrals trade with everyone, and this feeble attempt to restrict trade and movement has actually restricted and reduced trade and the OT taxation profits from them. I for one will dust off my neutral armor that was given to me when I crash landed on this god-forsaken planet and don it with pride to show OT that no matter what they try I am Neutral to the core and will never pick a sided faction.

Now, the question is, will our beloved Newland City Council realize they need to expand and form the backbone of a full Neutral Council and enlist us willing participants into a force to protect our interests? If so, show me the piece of paper. I shall leave my beloved organizational city, with my wife and children behind, to fight for my and our rights.

- Taconis

OT will soon be pushed out by our glorious Nuetral forces. We will put OT back in its rightful place.

We will show them they cannot invade our citys, our homes, disrupt our lives. Without paying a high price. We will show them who the real powers are on Rubi-ka. Not the wealthy corperation, but they veteran warriors of the war. The Neutrals gorrila tactics and we disruption of the occupation forces supply lines seemed to take more of a toll than OT counted on.

We will soon be victorious in once again having full riegn over our city.

( I don't know, given some of the "debating" in Bori it seems fairly apt :P )

I wish you all luck in reclaiming your city of Borealis
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com