Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Are Borealis protests a Clan Plot?

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum
    I believe that Mr. Moralis is right about one thing: there is significant agitation coming from agents of the Clans. This is not meant to belittle any feelings of umbrage taken by the neutrals, but simply to state that the Clans are taking advantage of this umbrage, manipuating the outrage for their own ends.
    That is quite the load of bull. The CoT has voted to NOT send a military force to assist the Neutras of Bor in repelling your invading force. That to do so we would be seen as being no better than the hostile occpation force currently there, meaning Omni-Tek.

I have seen a roster of Neutral groups dedicating themselves to the NDI, the Neutral Defence Initiative, and there is NOT ONE CLAN on that roster. The Newland govenment has been informed of the Councl of Truths vote and stance and we have been thanked for keeping clan military forces, such as vanguard, unionists and so forth, from attacking. The clans as a whole have been asked to not intervean with military forces in this matter

Your words are filled with ignorance and OT propaganda and frankly I feel that they are insulting towards neutral factions as a whole, claiming as you are that they are incapable of any action on their own.

Thus being the case, should the clans rightfully blame you for any trouble we encounter with the nuetral people in the past and future since you seem to claim that they are incapable of doing anything with out some one pushing them to do it?

You have stired up a roller rat nest by attacking Borealis and now that you are being bitten by those who you thought would just roll over and let you do what you wanted to them you seek to turn their anger by saying "Hey! Were not to blame! Its the clans fault that we assulted your city and robbed you of your freedoms!"

Watch out Omni-Tek, the people have little or nothing to loose, your stay in Borealis is about to become very uncomfortable.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

An Observation on the Wildlife of Rubi-Ka.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    That is quite the load of bull. The CoT has voted to NOT send a military force to assist the Neutras of Bor in repelling your invading force. [...]

and there is NOT ONE CLAN on that roster. The clans as a whole have been asked to not intervean with military forces in this matter.
    Indeed.

And we all know how much your Clans follow the lead and orders of the Council, don't we ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unionists
    We have seized this facility in order to maintain a flow of notum to vital clan defences that are required to protect against the alien threat. Whilst we undertook this action without the consent or co-operation of the Council of Truth we hope that our fellow clans will begin negotiations with us shortly to ensure all the free clans will have the supplies of Notum they deserve.
    Case Closed.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twistshot
    That is quite the load of bull. The CoT has voted to NOT send a military force to assist the Neutras of Bor in repelling your invading force. [...]

and there is NOT ONE CLAN on that roster. The clans as a whole have been asked to not intervean with military forces in this matter.

Indeed.

And we all know how much your Clans follow the lead and orders of the Council, don't we ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unionists
    We have seized this facility in order to maintain a flow of notum to vital clan defences that are required to protect against the alien threat. Whilst we undertook this action without the consent or co-operation of the Council of Truth we hope that our fellow clans will begin negotiations with us shortly to ensure all the free clans will have the supplies of Notum they deserve.

-----------------------------

If you would bother to read our PUBLIC meeting logs you will see that when they took action it was a hasty, spur of the moment action that took advantage of the military forces there being pulled away to assult Borealis. They felt that time was to short to ask the CoT for permission to assult 4 Holes. Again if you would read our public logs you will see that this has not prevented the majority of us from supporting their actions and that they have not demaned that we join their ranks or any such thing in order to gain access to the notum. That being said it also goes to show that there IS still notum there despite the claims of some. Infact, they have appologized for not conculting the Council before their attack. Once more you show your penchant for ignoring any facts that would show lie to your words.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

The Council of "Truth" has no control over the rebelling factions. Therefore the Council of Lies is not being blamed for this, since it is not really the Clan government. We can then deduce that the Council has had nothing to do with anything that has recently occured in Borealis or 4 Holes. This, in turn, leads to the obvious conclusion that it is possible for Clanners to be inciting riots without the Council of Truth's "honorable" reputation being hurt.

In short, you're not being blamed, but you're still at fault because you can't control your own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    If you would bother to read our PUBLIC meeting logs [...] Again if you would read our public logs. [...] Once more you show your penchant for ignoring any facts that would show lie to your words.
    Actions speak louder than words.

The Council of Truth has no authority over the clans. The clans ignore them. The clans do what they will. Unionists, Sentinels, and who knows how many others ignore Council demands whenever they feel like it.

We ignore your words. We see your actions. You are found wanting.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

And do you claim to have any greater control over your citizens with your Borad of directors? More that a few omni citizens have snubbed their noses at your ruleings in the past and the present.

sigh... Take control of your life, you'll be happier. The point is missed entirely. No one said your boss has to be your best friend, or by the same token, that he has to be your worst enemy. My point is that if you don't like the actions of your employer, vote with your feet and find employment elsewhere. If your under contract, serve out your term and then opt not to renew it. Seek employment with someone else who's record you can at least live with. If you're opposing the actions of your employer, do something about it instead of just passively complaining and using the excuse that you're just a cog in the wheel who can't make a difference. The status quo needs not be a goal, if that were the case, no progress would come to the world and we'd be left with unbearable stagnancy of existance.

Of course saying that, I am a firm believer in smaller businesses and a firmly competative market without monopolistic control, and would certainly like to see corporate entities rid from the galaxy (at least in the form they exist now, they're governments in and of themselves with no accountability beyond profit margins and shareholder desires, a detestable form of wealth undermining basic liberties of all living beings) and replaced with a democratically elected form of governance for the lands humanity claims, be that interstellar or just local government. Not as much profit for the few and priveledged, but a more equitable distribution of wealth for those trampled under corporate greed and ambition.

Indeed!

I have seen the light and am convinced, Hermiaa.

Down with the Mega-Corps ! Hand me a Clan application so I can dedicate my life to this noble cause! We will tear down those who dare to employ 97% of the galactic workforce ! How dare they! We will stop those evil credit-eaters from begin responsible for colonizing 99% of the currently habitable planets!
    Down with organisation! Death to a structured galaxy!

*Sarcasm Nano-program ended at request of operator*

Grow up. We live in a modern society. It does not please you? Harsh. Will it change? No. Corporate Entities are the new Gods of this millenia, and about the 20 that came before. Without the Corporate Entities, you would be protesting on Rubi-Ka wearing a space-suit, waving a sign at no-one. You would not have the Woompahs, the Grid, Reclaim, and most of your comforts.

You are like a child who wants all that is good, but throws a tantrum when she realises there are rules to life. I do agree on one point, however. Anyone not content of their position in the Company should resign and seek employment elsewhere.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Accept the fate that life has thrown at me, abandon hope for a brighter future, give in to the inevitable, and just be a good little drone who listens to the pretty lies and accepts them as gospel truth... what a wonderful idea. Perhaps you have abandoned your sense of hope and wonder, but I, for one, have not. Growing up... to me that means accepting responsibility for ones actions and deciding ones course of life through those actions, learning not to assign blame to others for the things that happen to us due to those actions. I can completely live with that. But that also means I can see things that I feel are wrong and work to change those things for the better. And I can accept that others work against those strivings and seek to shape the world to their liking. That's part of life. Perhaps that's a foreign concept? Or is it simply resentment that others cannot see the greatness in Omni-Tek that you can, which I'm sure should be self-evident in your eyes, so any who don't must be deviants worthy only of destruction?

You have me misunderstood, again.

Struggling to find your place in the Universe is normal. Chalenging what you do not understand is the path to greatness. We do not ask you to accept Omni-Tek, but to udnerstand It.

Omni-Tek is the guiding force towards the future of mankind. It has been the driving force behind humanity for millenia. While other corporations strive only towards profits, We strive towards a universe dominated by our kind. We undertand that credits are power, and we use our power to advance an agenda that extends for hundreds of years into the future.

We are Omni-Tek. We Guide, We Protect, We Succeed. We are the friends of Mankind, and We see the Big Picture.

Omni-Tek is your friend.
    CybertroniX Watches.

I would say that I understand Omni-Tek fairly well, better than some anyway, though not as well as others. One must, if nothing else, be honest with themselves in their assessments of things. And from that understanding, I reject what Omni-Tek offers and stands for. I find the Corporation repugnant, repulsive, the very idea of it as something unpleasant that crawled out from under a table that must be smashed when it shows itself. However, like that unpleasant something that crawled out from under the table, I am happy to ignore it if it will grant me the same courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    I would say that I understand Omni-Tek fairly well, better than some anyway, though not as well as others. One must, if nothing else, be honest with themselves in their assessments of things. And from that understanding, I reject what Omni-Tek offers and stands for. I find the Corporation repugnant, repulsive, the very idea of it as something unpleasant that crawled out from under a table that must be smashed when it shows itself. However, like that unpleasant something that crawled out from under the table, I am happy to ignore it if it will grant me the same courtesy.
    I bow to you and your wisdom, even as I frown at your very vivid description of your view of Omni-Tek.

I hope that you quickly rise to the Council of Truth, so that you may be able to share your wisdom with the rest of the Clans.

I may even recommend to the Board that they publicly smear your name in order to increase your popularity among your own people, and increase your chances of an appointment.

With sufficient peace time, we may yet begin to understand each other more fully and learn to work side by side, if never hand-in-hand. With a hand on your sidearm of course. We wouldn't expect any less, nor would we expect your people to trust us just yet.

Omni-Tek Prospers.
    CybertroniX Watches.

An idea I suppose, though the thought of attempting to join the Council of Truth has never seriously entered my mind. Perhaps, perhaps not, but time will tell I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    Chalenging what you do not understand is the path to greatness. We do not ask you to accept Omni-Tek, but to udnerstand It.
    Tell that to the people of Borealis, you are not asking them to understand you, you are telling them to wollow in the dirt for your amusement. They do not wish to accept you and yet you remain there telling them they had better accept it or they will be killed, calling them criminals simply because they have the courage to challeng you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    An idea I suppose, though the thought of attempting to join the Council of Truth has never seriously entered my mind. Perhaps, perhaps not, but time will tell I suppose.
    In all truthfullness Hermiaa, we could use a person like you in the CoT. You seem to be a person with a good head on your shoulders.

The dirt? Unicorn guards now patrol your streets, at risk of life and limb, to ensure safety in the treasured town of Borealis. Through the leadership of Omni-Admin and Administrator Lonare, areas of the city that were previously lacking in care will be attended to at once. Contracts may even be offered to Neutral organisations to perform this work.

The 'problems' you are highlighting are military problems. Yet the last time I looked Neutral communities were not required to be militant except in self-defense. That would, obviously, be a violation of neutrality. The biggest impact in today's capitalist setting is the economy.

So look at the improvements. Omni-Tek is going to improve transport and general facilities in Borealis, rest assured. Trading will become easier, and more Neutral contracts are likely to become avaliable through the good offices of Omni-Tek. The only people who will lose out here are the people who are unwilling or too lazy to walk to a Whompa or Grid Terminal to conduct trading with members of the clan affilation who are, unfortunately, currently blocked from Borealis.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

I have yet to see an official of Omni-Trans enter Borealis. I believe sir, that you are mistaken about the so-called improvements the company is willing to make. As far as I can tell, their reason for being there is to guard the dish. Why they are not doing that and holding the city proper hostage is not something Mr. Zora or his Brigadier General have explained fully.

They claim the unicorns are there to defend against an alien attack, yet again, the more powerful citizens of Borealis are capable of handling a threat against the city, especially when the unicorns are not there as a coalition of all three factors on the planet can be assembled to take them out.There will be times when they are unsuccessful, but that does not mean they are incapable of any defense as your CEO seems to believe.

The communications array itself lies a good deal away from the city, yet the guards continue to harrass the easy access ports in Borealis instead of defending the dish. I ask you, what good does that do against a determined foe who may walk or fly from Holes in the Wall with the intent to destroy the dish? I believe it does none.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    With sufficient peace time, we may yet begin to understand each other more fully and learn to work side by side, if never hand-in-hand. With a hand on your sidearm of course. We wouldn't expect any less, nor would we expect your people to trust us just yet.
    You are telling us that we are wrong and you are right. We are bad and you are good.

Omni-Tek is the guiding force towards the future of mankind. It has been the driving force behind humanity for millenia. While other corporations strive only towards profits, We strive towards a universe dominated by our kind. We undertand that credits are power, and we use our power to advance an agenda that extends for hundreds of years into the future.
    We strive towards a universe dominated by our kind?

Don't expect any Clan sympathy man. You're barking up the wrong tree.
    Omni-Tek Pisses us off because of crap statements like that. A state of Anarchy does not result in or require chaos. We are perfectly capable of living without you.

Oh and Go Unionists!!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz
    The communications array itself lies a good deal away from the city, yet the guards continue to harrass the easy access ports in Borealis instead of defending the dish. I ask you, what good does that do against a determined foe who may walk or fly from Holes in the Wall with the intent to destroy the dish? I believe it does none.
    The guards have "harassed" nobody except against those whom they are trained to fight and instructed to kill. The Unicorns, although they willingly help out the OTAF guards, are continuously on the lookout for more important threats (i.e. aliens), and will deal with those first.

Regarding the dish, the aliens will be less likely to attack an uninhabited and lightly-defended area lying away from the city, simply because it is illogical that there will be anything of value there. Fortunately, we have the technology to warp in troops instantly from other locations, so there will only be a delay of a few seconds in between the attack and a response.

I guess I didn't realise aliens were the only ones who had a reason to attack the dish. My bad.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

I say we move into more cities and make this planet ours like it should be any neuts who stay out of our why shall be free to stay.....those who resist shall be crushed with the clan scum....."There can be no innocent bystandards in a war for survival, anyone who refused to fight at your side is an enemy and all enemy s must be destroyed"
    "Bow and tremble pathetic mortals for i am your new master"

Satanous-lvl 172 opi shade-Omni-tek defenders(My Killer)
    Angelofdeath-22-sol-Omni-Tek Defenders(gimp)
    Luciferan-lvl 52 Sol engineer-Omni-tek defenders(trade)
    Innersorrow-27 Mp-Omni-Tek Defenders(forgot i had this)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast