Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Are Borealis protests a Clan Plot?

pah more politics damned OT bastards makes my job a hell of a lot harder hopefully we get some backbone and oust these fools from this town. and what the hell does a so called clan plot have to do with neutrals protesting? last I heard any clan caught in borealis now is shot on sight... you think neutrals have any love for what happened to their own town by the likes of you military grunts?

geez you opened a can of worms the obvious question you should be asking is will the neutrals even be siding with you in the future? it looks less and less likely of it happening after this fiasco I personally dont care...

Oh jolly! shall I bring the cookies?

Ok, lets break this down...firstly the why Omni ain't bothered about 4 Holes? hmm, lemme think...big mining installation, why give up so much of why they are here on Rubi-Ka? Simple answer...its empty. No value = no Omni interest.

Next off we have to look at Borealis. Why? all kinds of rubbish is floating around about why they did it, the safeguarding of neutral citizens...pah. The mine in Borealis, not a chance as they emptied that a long time ago. The sub-space dish from aliens? give me a break, theres a bigger one on the ICC mountain in Andromeda and thats pretty well defended already. And the aliens have shown no interest whatsoever in the Borealis dish. Hell, the only Omni interest in the Borealis dish to date has been for Rollerrat Ball. And unless the Unicorns have come up with a cheat by occupying the dish so they can practice more for RRBall than this is the lamest excuse to date. So what else could they be up to?

Yes the Clans should worry. If 4 Holes is now empty of notum than we all know the Clans are in for some aggression against them down the line. Fine, the Omni's will choose the simple moves first, the easiest pickings which is the weak neutral defences. Cover it in some utter garbage about getting ICC backing for these actions which break everything the ICC are on Rubi-Ka for. And what happens? Omni get a nice simple pickings of new Notum areas. But what happens then? no more easy neutral targets means they go after the Clans.

The protests are nothing to do with the Clans. This is the formally free neutral citizens expressing what they have come to know. And expressing our loss of freedom, liberty, and our rights to do business in our own towns how we see fit. Many neutral citizens have lost there lives over this aggression from Omni-Tek. Many familys have been displaced and split up, homes lost, and been forced to relocate elsewhere. Omni must be removed. And as I've said before, the ICC must act on a clear aggressive act which is why they are here on Rubi-Ka in the first place.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Okay let put some perspective on this.

Nyadach, I agree the Omni troops must leave Borealis for two reasons:

1. Omni-Tek has no right to put the Borealis election on hold.

2. Omni-Tek has no right to kick Clanners out of Borealis.

The legality of this might be debatable, but the custom, the long tradition of Neutral autonomy on Rubi-Ka is very real and very precious.

However let's set to rest a few misconceptions. Neutral citizens are not in any danger from the Unicorns, not even those waving protest placards in front of their faces. The Unicorns have been very disciplined under very testing conditions.

The only Neutrals who have been harmed are those who have attacked the Unicorns. Now I understand and even respect the reasons why many Neutral feel they need to fight the Unicorns, but whenever you choose to fight, you cannot then complain if your opponent fights back. Thus your statement "many Neutral citizens have lost their lives" may be true, but if so they did so of by choice, and some might say, in haste.

Similarly no one has been forced to relocate. Some may have chosen to relocate, by that too is a choice.

Finally, I just want to point out the ICC Peacekeepers are just as much foreign troops as the Unicorn Company. The ICC Peacekeepers are not a Borealis militia; they do not represent the Rubi-Ka Neutrals. They are in fact are professional soldiers paid by an intergalactic association of Mega-corporations, of which Omni-Tek is the largest. So in actual fact, replacing ICC with Unicorn troops isn't as big a change as you might imagine.

Borealis is a safe for Neutrals as it ever was. What is at stake here is not safety; it is the principle of Neutral self-determination and Neutral autonomy. These are important principles, maybe even worth dying for. I am just concerned that people are just getting very upset and emotional about this and literally throwing away their lives without really focusing on what the real issues and possible solutions are.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Savoy, thank you for your kind comments but let me clarify a couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    The only Neutrals who have been harmed are those who have attacked the Unicorns.
    I have been harmed by the incursion of the Unicorns. As a freelance engineer that was based out of Borealis my buisness depending on my customers being able to find me easily and quickly so I could fill their orders and contracts. When Omni moved in I would lose a third of my customers and my lively hood if I did not move from my home town to Newland. I have lost Borealis as a resource to conduct my buisness, and will OT compensate me for this? As of yet they have not, so my only choice is to either abandon my home town or suffer a loss of buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    So in actual fact, replacing ICC with Unicorn troops isn't as big a change as you might imagine.
    This is a large change because The ICC troopers were deployed to protect Neutrals and up until this point they allowed neutrals to interact freely with Omni-Tek personel and Clans members without harasment or predjudice. The OT-AF and Unicorn Company forces were deployed to serve Omni-Tek interests and they actively prevent neutrals from interacting freely with both OT and Clan in Borealis
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Berael,

My point is that those screaming about the presence of foreign troops in Borealis seem to forget that the ICC are just as foreign. This suggests that maybe it is time to consider raising a militia, like in Newland, but that is neither here nor there.

My point is the Unicorns have to go because the reason I stated above:

1. Omni-Tek has no right to put the Borealis election on hold.

2. Omni-Tek has no right to kick Clanners out of Borealis.

These two are the burning issues. These two what is really wrong with the current situation.

Fix these two issues and frankly whether its the Unicorns or the ICC or even Vanguard who provide the guards to Borealis is immaterial. Put in another way, countless Omni travel to Home for work on a daily basis. Does anyone even care that the guards are in Home are Clan?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopian
    oh..oh.. and now we have to be gratefull that the big and almighty Clans have assisted the Neutrals? sounds to me the same like the elite trashcans who are now "protecting" the neuts...

Whats wrong Neuts arent you strong enough to strike back at OMNI, alone? what a laugh, i hear them neuts whine for months about that manifesto, about makeing a third faction, but when omni comes in all they do is...well not much apart from whining and writing letters...
    sheez, neuts willing to be a independant third faction yet they cannot even defend them selfs. you just cant really blame OT for taking over..

*lights another one*
    'them' neuts. Interesting use of wording. Quite clearly showing you are not Neutral whatsoever. Again.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

And this is bothering you?

Define the word "neutral" please officer.
    The neutral community is not, like omni-tek, a one colored faction. It is multi colered. "Neutral" is a faction by default for those who do not fit into the strong boundaries of omni-tek or the faction of rebelions called clan. A coalition of factions if you may.

Nuser, that's a gross and potentially dangerous assumption to make. Not all Omni-Tek employees support the occupation, not all of us want to rule the planet with an iron fist, many of us don't like war, and at least a few (me included) don't like the Unicorn Company or Mr. Zora.

And yet amusingly, you must obey him despite that dislike because if you don't... well, I'm sure you know the consequences of disobeying your corporate superiors. Not like it's a democracy or anything... not if you want your corporate benefits anyway.

Well said.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Hermiaa let me ask you something,

do you like your boss at work?

If you did'nt you'd still have to obey him, or lose your job, house/apt, no way to buy food, etc.

same principle here.

I am loyal because I am grateful. Without Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka would be a desert wasteland. Most of the wildlife here, including the oh-so-lovable-yet-apparently-poisonous (according to the backyard posters anyway) Leet, was brought over by Omni-Tek. Without Omni-Tek I would not have come here, there would be no ICC shuttleport, and the unique opportunities that a fresh start on Rubi-Ka provides would not exist.

((same concept, werecat :P))

This message will be made using simple words for all to understand.

Omni-Tek is the Official Ruler of Rubi-Ka, by ICC decree.

We have complete control of the planet. All non-OT factions are tolerated in the name of profits.

All territories are Omni-Tek. Some are on loan to Clanners. Some to the non-employees (neutrals).

Only employees should expect rightful treatment. Non employees have no claim to Omni-Tek lands unless Omni-Tek so desires.

We are Omni-Tek. We are the Rightful Rulers of Rubi-Ka. Welcome to the New World Order.

No innocent civilians were harmed in the occupation of Borealis. The only liberty taken away is the freedom to trade with criminals and traitors. And that is only on Borealis grounds. You may still continue to deal with the traitors in Athens, Tyr and Newland.

We protect our Assets. Do not provoke the might of Omni-Tek.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

You see, the basic problem with that is that were it not for Omni-Tek's insistance on a monopoly, and by the by, ICC's support of such a corrupt system, you could just go and work for someone else who you did like and whos values matched your own. Instead, you compromise your ethics and sense of right and wrong for a few credits and some comfort. Sounds to me like you lack the courage of conviction... you know what's wrong and right, but just can't quite find it within yourself to sacrifice some of that comfort to do what your conscience is telling you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    you know what's wrong and right, but just can't quite find it within yourself to sacrifice some of that comfort to do what your conscience is telling you to.
    What is right and what is wrong are both relative to each person or groups of people. You'll never find a single set of reasonings or ideas behind either word that stay the same over an entire population. It's also worth noting note that not everyone has a conscience

In short, just because you think what Omni-Tek is doing is wrong, doesn't mean it is.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

While it seems Mr. Moralis may be exaggerating the role the Clans have played in the Borealis reaction, that's not to say they have no role -- which I think is being lost in the reaction to his arguments.

The neutral citizens of Borealis may well have issues with the arrival of the Unicorn Company. They are, by necessity, an exceptionally intimidating military force. But so long as the Kyr'Ozch seek to attack Rubi-Ka, such a force is required.

I believe that Mr. Moralis is right about one thing: there is significant agitation coming from agents of the Clans. This is not meant to belittle any feelings of umbrage taken by the neutrals, but simply to state that the Clans are taking advantage of this umbrage, manipuating the outrage for their own ends.

The protests against the Unicorn Company's presence may well be a result of a desire for the neutrals to control territory they feel is their own, with no need for Clan involvement. But I will warn you now that should the Clans get their way, those protests will turn into outright war between Omni-Tek and the neutrals.

And I, for one, do not want such a war.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum
    [...] that's not to say they have no role -- which I think is being lost in the reaction to his arguments.

I believe that Mr. Moralis is right about one thing: there is significant agitation coming from agents of the Clans. This is not meant to belittle any feelings of umbrage taken by the neutrals, but simply to state that the Clans are taking advantage of this umbrage, manipuating the outrage for their own ends.

But I will warn you now that should the Clans get their way, those protests will turn into outright war between Omni-Tek and the neutrals.

And I, for one, do not want such a war.
    We observe, and rejoice.
    Reason and sanity have pierced through the veil the Clans are pulling on the Neutral population. Do not let the clanners draw you to war, to become the footsoldiers in their battles. Be civilised and take your grievances to either ICC or Omni-Admin.

As I stated in earlier communiques, Omni-Tek was forced to take drastic protective measures towards the Borealist Comm-Array, due to its possible importance in the wake of the Goliath-class Battlestations deployment. However, should the Borealis citizens provide safeguards and garantees, a sufficient defensive force and proper training, it is likely that Omni-Tek would rather let the defense of the Array be paid out of someone else's pocket. As long as relations do not go beyond the civility points. Which is why clan agitators are so keen on creating riots.

We are realists. We know you don't want us there. But the Array is too important to risk.

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum
    The neutral citizens of Borealis may well have issues with the arrival of the Unicorn Company. They are, by necessity, an exceptionally intimidating military force. But so long as the Kyr'Ozch seek to attack Rubi-Ka, such a force is required.
    Intelligence speaks for itself.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    You see, the basic problem with that is that were it not for Omni-Tek's insistance on a monopoly, and by the by, ICC's support of such a corrupt system, you could just go and work for someone else who you did like and whos values matched your own. Instead, you compromise your ethics and sense of right and wrong for a few credits and some comfort. Sounds to me like you lack the courage of conviction... you know what's wrong and right, but just can't quite find it within yourself to sacrifice some of that comfort to do what your conscience is telling you to.

And your full of...

well it's wishful thinking at best.

If you EVER figure out in your life how to turn your boss into your best friend, please tell us how, I'm sure lot's of people would like to know, until then, gl keeping a job.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast