Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brigadier General Stephen Nelolius' Speech in Borealis

Quote Originally Posted by Karibanu
    Last time I went to Tir it was effectively empty... why would they even bother?
    I'm there quite a bit at the Happy Rebel talking to my friend Bart (short for bartender). Yes it's a bit more empty but I love it.

((and i'd love to see it too))

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne
    There aren't exactly many neutrals in Tir either... Unicorns do not attack unprovoked.
    but Sentinels do. Thats why there are very few undecided or omnis there. I don't see where the problem is.

((Strictly in-character forum. Please do not engage in OOC discussions here. --Nevarstiyeh))
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jun 2nd, 2006 at 00:06:06.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

I have filed a petition with the CoT to request Simon to again allow Neutrals into Tir. I await the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Karibanu
    Maybe if the rabid dog Silverstone wasn't your figurehead, there would be a few less neutrals and a few more clans. Many people don't wish to have any relations with such a fascist, hence why they're now caught in-between *two* of them.

Sneering at the neutral situation and in the same breath advocating a clan invasion? what makes you any better than OmniTek?
    Neither Silverstone or his Sentinels have ever been the 'figurehead' of the clans, maybe he thinks he is, but ask clan leaders and most will disagree with that view.

He has control over Tir, and after many attempts by other clans (including mine) to allow neutrals access to it...he won't change his mind. I disagree with his menthods against neutrals, but he DOES have Tir secure against Omni-Tek, and asking them to leave it undefended...is out of the question.

To clarify, the only way for neutrals to enter Tir would be for the sentinels to leave completely, therefore our capital would be defenseless.

OT invaded Borealis, obviously the neutrals were not strong enough to hold on to it unfortunately. If the clans have the power to liberate it...then it becomes a clan town, where neutrals will be welcomed to open their businesses and do pretty much anything they want as if they were clanners without having to join our side.

Of course it would be better for neutrals to realize they would be better off joining our cause than continuing being abused by OT.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    I have filed a petition with the CoT to request Simon to again allow Neutrals into Tir. I await the response.
    My guess would be, if he does allow it, it'll be a one shot deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    Should I start laughing now? Or wait until Silverstone has your head for even suggesting that?

"If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Of course it would be better for neutrals to realize they would be better off joining our cause than continuing being abused by OT.
    It’s a shame some people use a sad occasion like this for their own propaganda purposes. The Omni-Tek Corporation made a big mistake. Still, not all employees agree with the course their employer took and some even join the protest in Borealis.

To choose for the Clans would be to choose between two evils. The Clans in general, although there are exceptions, have not shown much understanding towards the neutrals either.

The invasion just came at a very bad time, in the middle of the election process. Newland has shown that neutrals are perfectly capable to run their cities, including a well trained and equipped defense force. Given the chance, Borealis and the other neutral cities will do just as well.

The only thing left is for the Clans and the Corporation to finally realize that a strong, independent and thriving neutral community is actually a benefit for all people of Rubi-Ka.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    It’s a shame some people use a sad occasion like this for their own propaganda purposes. The Omni-Tek Corporation made a big mistake. Still, not all employees agree with the course their employer took and some even join the protest in Borealis.
    I don't recall neutrals running to defend Tir (before the Sentinels had control of it) or Old Athen from Omni-Tek attacks...

A handful of omnis joining the protest...big deal...the unicorns don't attack them, they are safe in Borealis as before...they got nothing to lose by 'supporting' the neutrals.

To choose for the Clans would be to choose between two evils. The Clans in general, although there are exceptions, have not shown much understanding towards the neutrals either.
    I believe Lady Xaun has attempted to enter Borealis to assist the neutrals several times after the occupation. The CoT is calling an emergency meeting...probably to discuss the possibility of liberating Borealis from Omni-Tek as we did 4 Holes.

The invasion just came at a very bad time, in the middle of the election process. Newland has shown that neutrals are perfectly capable to run their cities, including a well trained and equipped defense force. Given the chance, Borealis and the other neutral cities will do just as well.
    Newland is well guarded, it would hold against a regular attack force...against Unicorns? I'd say they would have maybe a 20% chance of holding NL against them. Even if Borealis had their own militia before the omnis invaded...their chances of holding out on their own (without clan support) was low.

Given the chance...Omni-Tek would 'take back' the neutral towns which they consider their property.

The only thing left is for the Clans and the Corporation to finally realize that a strong, independent and thriving neutral community is actually a benefit for all people of Rubi-Ka.
    Excuse me, when did the clans invade NL or Borealis or any neutral town? we don't NEED the neutrals, unless they would join our side against the corporation. Neutrals have attacked clans for notum fields, this has been proven long ago, yet here we are with open arms willing to let you join our faithful cause against the tyranical Omni-Tek.

When Rubi-Ka is truly free and independent, THEN we'll all become true neutrals and at peace. Until that time comes, it is the clans who fight for a better future, for a FREE Rubi-Ka, where you and I can stand together anywhere, share a bronto burger in peace without fear of some Omni-Tek lackey walking in with a squad of unicorns and taking anything they want and killing those who would dare raise their first against them.

We're far from our goals, but the clans are at the front line, for all freedom loving rubikans!
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jun 3rd, 2006 at 10:17:41.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Actually, I'd suggest strongly that the clans DO need the neutrals. Without them we run the risk of turning towards some striving for hegemony and some 'party line' enforcement to maintain 'purity' of our purpose. We absolutely must have a third option, if only as a countervoice to make sure we don't go to any extremes as a whole. However, saying that, it seems Omni would strongly disagree with that sentiment and is trying to force the removal of anything but 'Us' and 'Them' in the most hostile of terms.

We Clans only need Neutrals because you have access to Omni goods. Fortunately, we can smuggle them by ourselves.

No, really, we would need you if you were actually able to act as diplomats between us and Omni, to bring an end to this neverending conflict. But this is currently not the case...
    Omni, obviously, isn't even thanking you for your support when they attack our notum fields. Would they send you the Unicorns if they were trusting you? Of course not. While we, in our quest for freedom, are ready to forgive you for these attacks, if you stop acting as Omni's slaves and join us. There is a room for you Neutrals in the most moderate and peaceful of our Clans.
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12