Thread: Good sign?

Question Good sign?

I am happy to see them finally collect affilation information for the Clan/Omni guilds. Very nice to finally start seeing some effort being made in earnest with regards to the events and roleplaying in general.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Thumbs up Way To Go

I hear you Kith, but... well... this was first done a year ago, and nothing came of it back then...

However, as usual I'm being the blindly faithful optimist (here, take my money, take my money) . Between this type of thing happening, the recent re-awakening/preparation of the storyline, and the Events ARKs doing lots of things, it all looks very promising!

Huzzah!

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Director of Operations, OTSEC

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org

Cool AND a Briefing by the CEO!!

AND we get a briefing from Mr Ross in the same day? Wow.

PhilipRoss1a
    PhilipRoss2a
    PhilipRoss6a

18:13: Bonefish: Yes Sir.

18:13: Shannonlee: read you load and clear

18:13: Philip_Ross: I will broadcast over the channel as well. Please make sure your employees are made aware.

18:13: Tungtvann: yes sir

18:13: Nataszha: affirmative

18:13: Philip_Ross: Thank you all for coming.

18:13: Philip_Ross: This is one of several informational sessions I have held - and will be holding this week with the many department executives, division heads, and team leaders in the Corporation.

18:13: Baby70121: WELCOME BACK SIR

18:14: Philip_Ross: I have called you here to give you a short update on the current state of affairs.

18:14: Philip_Ross: I have been informed by Omni Prime that the ICC acting on an initiative by the Sol Banking Corporation has begun an emergency assembly to discuss the growing apprehension over the destabilising political situation on Rubi-Ka.

18:14: Philip_Ross: There is concern among many member corporations that the current situation could lead to an escalation in the conflict between the Corporation and the rebel clans, and that there might be a need for increased ICC presence on the planet to secure the supply of notum, and to ensure the protection of all citizens.

18:14: Philip_Ross: The ICC assembly is discussing the potential need for emergency measures, more ICC Peacekeeper troops on Rubi-Ka, and an evaluation of whether or not ICC regulations are being followed to the letter.

18:15: Philip_Ross: I have been informed that the first day of the assembly has ended, and that the member corporations aren't yet in agreement as to whether or not drastic ICC action will be necessary.

18:15: Philip_Ross: While Omni Prime is, as always, looking to resolve any issues through the appropriate diplomatic channels, there is evidently intense pressure from some of the other hyper-corporations in the Confederation to monitor and influence the situation, and to assume a more collaborative control of Rubi-Kan affairs.

18:15: Philip_Ross: The ICC delegates continue to meet as we speak, and there is currently no indication as to when the assembly will conclude, or what conclusion the Confederation might reach. For the time being, we have been told to continue with business as usual, and await the ICC's decision.

18:16: Philip_Ross: We have, however, been given a few new directives as a precaution:

18:16: Philip_Ross: With only twenty-four years left on our current lease on Rubi-Ka, it is imperative that we continue our operations with extreme caution.

18:16: Bonefish nods

18:16: Philip_Ross: It has never been more important, never more imperative, that we adhere to all regulations, and that we lay to rest other member corporations' unjustified claims to Rubi-Ka and her resources.

18:16: Philip_Ross: While we can not and will not allow terrorists to jeopardise the Corporation or the lives of our employees, we have to exercise caution in dealing with the terrorist threat. We cannot afford to drop the ball and give our opposition, or competitors, a reason or purpose to act against us.

18:17: Philip_Ross: We have been told to remain diplomatic towards the ICC, obedient towards Omni-Prime, and disciplined in our dealings with the political opposition. There is just too much at stake for any inconsistencies. The Corporation is depending on you to follow its directives.

18:17: Philip_Ross: As for the neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka, until now, we have been happy to leave them alone, as per their wishes. This we can no longer afford to do. The ICC, and Omni-Tek, still considers the neutral population of Rubi-Ka to be employees of the Corporation, and it is time we start reaffirming that commitment.

18:17: Philip_Ross: I expect everyone to stress the importance of our current situation to every member of your department, division, or team. Every single employee needs to be aware of - and in agreement with our agenda, what we need to do and what we need to not do.

18:17: Baxie indicates he has a question.

18:18: Philip_Ross: It is your responsibility as leaders to make sure that happens.

18:18: Philip_Ross: Please return to your work, and remember to stay informed about the unfolding situation. The next few weeks will prove extremely important to the Corporation's future on Rubi-Ka, and we need our leaders and executives to be at the absolute top of their game.

18:18: Philip_Ross: Thank you, and have a productive day.

18:18: Bonefish smirks, as he's about to take a two week offworld holiday.

18:18: Philip_Ross: Baxie, I am sorry, I have some very pressing matters to attend. Please, back to work.

18:19: Baxie nods

18:19: Lovekitten: Thank you Mr Ross

18:19: Mattie: Thank you Mr Ross!

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Director of Operations, OTSEC

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org

I missed seeing Ross for the SECOND time!?!?!?!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x.x
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

ACK!!!! I missed it to....but thanks Bonefish for posting the log and pics. At least I still get to hear what was said
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

I missed this meeting that Mr. Ross had, but I am certainly pleased at what he has to say. Several months ago before my departure from Rubi-Ka on a politcal junket to the Pegaus System, I was under the guise that peace was unfolding and Rubi-Ka would settle it's disputes...

This was shattered by the actions of the clans and particularly of one Henry Radiman, and the supposed Council of Truth that so many clanners blindly follow.

It is our duty as employees of the hypercorp to step up and hold firm to the ICC contract and what it means to Omni-Tek. Ladies and gentlemen, General Glenn Barzillai Craddock has returned to Rubi-Ka to bring Division9 into the fray once more. I call upon other organizations who hold Omni-Tek in high regard to band together in this effort, and to prepare ourselves for what might become a great war of politics and prejudice.
    General Glenn "Barzillai" Craddock
    Founder & Co-President
    Division 9 RSGE
    ::Serving Omni-Tek::

Thanks for posting the log, Boss.

I can almost hear the cogs of activity churning away. *daydreams*
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie