Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OTPC: Omni-Tek Response to Clan Hostility

Words words and more words. Gah! They wanna fight, they'll get a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopian
    shouldnt the neuts take over a part from one of the factions controlled area then? omni-ent or camelot for example...
    Well, since you obviously missed it.... Borealis is still a Neutral city. Unicorn guards securing the communication systems does not mean Borealis is a Omni Tek city now. Borealis is still as it were a week ago. Except that it now has hopes of becoming a peaceful city once again.

To the CoT.....
    Ive always been hoping and praying that you guys ,somehow, would manage to rein in the clans and ,in some way, maintain a shred of unity amongst yourself.
    The Unionist clan have litteraly ignored you by doing what they have done and it seems they have support from quite a number of other clans aswell.

Mr.Zora. How could he have initiated talks with the CoT? The CoT OBVIOUSLY holds no power whatsoever and wouldnt you think this is a well known fact inside the halls of the corporation?
    No, you cant put the shame on Mr.Zora. The shame is on you.

And like Fixerben, I wonder what the frack the Unionists are thinking anyways?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Well, since you obviously missed it.... Borealis is still a Neutral city. Unicorn guards securing the communication systems does not mean Borealis is a Omni Tek city now. Borealis is still as it were a week ago. Except that it now has hopes of becoming a peaceful city once again.
    Actually, Brigadier General Nelolius of OTAF made a statement today in Borealis about that very thing.

For those who missed it, following is a log from the speech:

[Vicinity] Nelolius: Good evening.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: I am Brigadier General Stephen Nelolius of Omni-Tek Armed Forces.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: I am in command of this operation in Borealis.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Make no mistake about it: This city and its operations are now under direct Omni-Tek control.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Omni-Tek forces operating under the call sign of Task Force 7 have successfully reclaimed control of our assets here in Borealis.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: This operation was carried out with ease and without shots fired. ICC forces, recognizing Omni-Tek's rightful ownership of this city, withdrew without incident per Omni-Tek's request.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Presently forces of the OTAF 111th Mechanized Infantry Brigade and Unicorn Company's 39th Strategic Urban Operations Squad are coordinating local peacekeeping efforts.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Bear in mind that Omni-Tek, out of courtesy, will continue its tolerance of neutral individuals.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Also know that we will not tolerate deviance and behavior unbecoming of Omni-Tek employees in any way, shape, or form.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: With all this said, the "elections" previously in place in this city are hereby terminated and invalid.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Omni-Tek has selected Administrator Jessica Lonare of Omni-Admin to run this city with the assistance of myself and Unicorn Colonel Eric Seliniss.
    [Vicinity] Sephirothnso: do you really expect the nuetrals to accept this?
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: You have no choice: You WILL accept our rules, and in exchange we will allow you to remain here peacefully.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Know that this operation has been fully and officially approved by the highest levels of Omni-Tek. OT:RK CEO Tarkhan Zora, OTAF Lieutenant General Robert Rosuma, Omni-Admin Director Darius Zeiler, and Omni-Prime have all granted their approval.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Those of you who are not Omni-Tek Employees and call yourselves "neutrals", you are not unwelcome here in Borealis.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: I cannot stress this enough.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: As always, however, we do encourage you to see your nearest Omni-Tek HR Recruiter to seek employment.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: It is for your own benefit and success.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: As for the members of the Clans...
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Clan members are not welcome in this city. Those Clanners who are willing to take the chance to enter Borealis, I would encourage you to think twice.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Under my orders, Clan presence in this city will not be tolerated and will result in force.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Clan members WILL be evacuated by force, no exceptions.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: I thank you all for your expected cooperation and look forward to the opportunity of assisting Administrator Lonare with bringing Borealis back to its former greatness.
    [Vicinity] Nelolius: Omni-Tek protects!
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

((You on RK1 right? I havent heard this speech hit RK2 yet..... Well, anyways... ))

Like the man said, neutrals still have a home in Borealis...

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

An Observer's point of view.

I have seen the situation, and am disturbed.

The Unionists knew that OmniTek was redeploying troops out of 4 Holes. Any clanner worth their notum would assume it was for an assault on their positions, and therefore would gather hard data as to those troop movements.

Since they chose to attack an OT target, their intelligence-gathering must have confirmed the OmniTek target: Borealis. And yet, these 'freedom-fighters' chose to ignore the defense of a 'free' city in order to acquire a notum mining facility. They speak of wanting freedom, yet the words are hollow, leaving enough room for greed.

With neutrals being shot on sight in Tyr, it is no wonder that OT has no tolerance for clan-members in the newly occupied city of Borealis. Indeed, neutrals everywhere should rejoice that the clanners have finally been repaid in bullets for all the innocent neutral murders at the Tyr Woompah and Grid exits.

The re-acquisition of the city of Borealis is of course, necessary before the Goliath battlestations are fully functionnal. With its powerful communications array, it would be a prime tool for terrorists, Dusters or clan anarchists to hijack one of these stations and turn its beam towards the innocent civilians of Rome. This risk could not be taken.

The neutrals clamor for the eviction of Omnitek from 'their' city. They gang up on Unicorns in the streets. The clans knew they should not intervene. They knew they had to let the city be conquered. How else could they pretend to ride in as the holovid cavalry, and 'rescue' the city. Do not trust the motivations of the clans. At least we are honest enough to tell you the truth: It's all about investments, bottom line, and profit margins. They pretend they fight for freedom, and yet line their pockets with stolen notum.

OmniTek Protects.
    CybertroniX watches.

The one flaw with that line of reasoning is that you're presuming a centralized command and control system that distributes intelligence to where it's needed and most useful... if the clan's had that particular advantage, do you really think our reversals in various Tower battles wouldn't have been reversed by now? I can safely say that my organisation had absolutely zero forewarning of Omni's actions in Borealis. I don't know of many clan organisations who did. Of course we could go back and forth on who knew what and when they knew it... but it's easy to make claims, but very difficult to prove them. Considering the recent aggression of Omni-Tek and the defensive posture of the Clans of late, as evidenced by the control of notum fields, I'd question the wisdom of making blanket statements on the 'fearsome' nature of Clan intelligence gathering capabilities and perhaps focus more on the failure of Omni-Tek counter-intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanna
    Something tells me the Last Ditch inhabitants should be evacuated while they still have the chance.
    And hand over another town to OT?

I don' think so.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    ((You on RK1 right? I havent heard this speech hit RK2 yet..... Well, anyways... ))
    (( Gah, I forgot about that other server Yes, it's RK1 ))
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

Quote Originally Posted by Tianai
    (( Gah, I forgot about that other server Yes, it's RK1 ))
    ((But it will either happen the same way on RK2 or something very close to it just wait and see hehehe... Either way, Im gonna loose the IC discussion))

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    The one flaw with that line of reasoning is that you're presuming a centralized command and control system that distributes intelligence to where it's needed and most useful [...] I can safely say that my organisation had absolutely zero forewarning of Omni's actions in Borealis. [...] I'd question the wisdom of making blanket statements on the 'fearsome' nature of Clan intelligence gathering capabilities and perhaps focus more on the failure of Omni-Tek counter-intelligence.
    Indeed, I may have overestimated the Clans after all. It must have been a lucky fluke that, for the first time in hundreds of years, the Clans managed to take over an entire sector from OmniTek due to unforeseen troop movements, and keep it.

The failure must be OmniTek, then. For not broadcasting widely that the heavy troop movements out of 4 Holes, which were noticed by just about anything as smart as a leet, were not aimed again at the annihilation of rebel clan forces, but rather aimed at recovering equipment which has become priority.

Of course, the Clans would never -ever- sacrifice the security of one of their cities in order to take over somewhere else, so we must ask ourselves the question:
    If the Clans didnt know where all those troops were going, why did they not instead fortify their positions in an attempt to defend against our troops? Are the Clans so powerful militarily that they can afford to send a large invasion force without weakening their defenses ?

One would surmise that logically, there are only two possibilities. Either the clans knew that the troops were not being sent towards Clan-held territories, or that the clans are no better than Omni-Tek, and willing to risk losing soldiers and civilians in order to take control of a Notum facility. You cannot pretend you did not know about the troop movements.

Omni-Tek never hides its original purpose: profits. The clans, however, claim many things, but prove little so far.

OmniTek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

EDIT: Oh wait, we -did- widely broadcast our intentions to the world. Perhaps your clan has not yet learned to read? You really should share that 'Reading/Writing' tutoring device you keep under your bed with your members. Even if the effects last only 2 minutes per use. Forgive my sarcasm, but at some point, it is unavoidable.
    Last edited by JubileX_Prime; Jun 1st, 2006 at 14:59:02. Reason: Correction of informations

The Unionist should have know full well where the Omni-Tek troops were going. Omni-Tek made a public announcement that Unicorn forces were being redeployed to Borealis to secure the communications relay. The troops arrived at Borealis shortly after the public message was sent through the grid's news relay. The Unionist then after the troops were secure in Borealis sent their forces into 4-Holes, and then the Vanguards decided to fulfill the contract with the people in West Athen. It is a downright lie to state that the Unionist had no idea what Omni-Tek was doing, they and the rest of Rubi-Ka knew full well where the troops were going. The Unionist took that opturnity and made a land grab at 4-Holes instead of helping to repel the Omni invasion forces in Borealis.
    May the sands wash away your sins

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    Indeed, neutrals everywhere should rejoice that the clanners have finally been repaid in bullets for all the innocent neutral murders at the Tyr Woompah and Grid exits.
    Two things that I believe prevent them from expressing the orgasmic joy you seem to believe they should have at this moment.

One. From all the out cry from netural citizens I think it is safe to say that the people of Bore did not ask for OT to come in and take over their city.

Two. I have also heard several reports, admitadly unconfirmed at this time, of OT and UC troops attacking neutral citizens

Style it as you wish, OT is an invading force in Bore, not a liberating force or a protective force and that you continue to claim that it is for their benifit and that they should be rejoicing only makes this all the more sickening.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phanna
    Something tells me the Last Ditch inhabitants should be evacuated while they still have the chance.
    Did you not hear? a large group of leets have over run last ditch and are occupying it by placing Unileets at crucial points

Firstly, I must say this to these most recent Omni-Tek murmmerings and scattered views toward the Unionists actions. Make no mistake about it. Landau would not issue a move without first carefully deliberating on the topic. He is a man who is neither radical nor tollerates radicals. His manuever was strategic and benificial from several standpoints. If the Omni War machine is gearing up.. we will need to prepare.. a surplus of notum is most welcomed during this process.

How do you give this false pretense that we should have deployed mass troops in Borealis? Did you really say that? If the Clans took it apon themselves to deploy as such we would be hearing about the how the clans are also an invading force to your homes and we are fighting with the Hyper-Corp for it.. We as Clan members still recognize your Neutrality. And I for one am and have been laying down my life to defend it. Do not for one second insinuate that you would have welcomed us with open arms form the start even with my views of Neutrals I have I would not have believed that for one second. The clans have done what the clans must.. Our citizens have taken it apon themselves to provide aid to you and the Council is holding an emergency session. If the Neutrals want the Clans to move large peacekeeping forces into Borealis, in the end.. would we be viewed any different than OT? If this is infact a road you wish us to take.. We will need to know we are wanted first. For we do not seek to fight with our free brothers and sisters.. Just put an end to OT's rule on Rubika.
    Last edited by Xaun; Jun 1st, 2006 at 22:41:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Two. I have also heard several reports, admitadly unconfirmed at this time, of OT and UC troops attacking neutral citizens
    I travelled to Borealis yesterday to lend support for the Omni-Tek protection force. I can confirm for you that the Unicorn Brigade or Omni-Tek Armed Forces were NOT attacking Neutral citizens. There were a few Neutral citizens and Clanner filth engaging in combat with the Omni-Tek forces and only those individuals and their allies were sent to reclaim.

I find it stunningly amazing that Omni-Tek has the arrogance to think the Clans actually pay attention to their oh-so-important pronouncements like good little corporate minions...

Perhaps I should state the point in another way. Constantly, the CoT is accused of having no control over it's various members and affiliates... that the hand doesn't know what the foot is up to. Which from what I've seen has been the case of late. However when someone actually gets organised and accomplishes something, we're a vast well coordinated horde of clanners just looming and waiting for the opportune moment. Which is it to be then?

To be honest, I didn't have a clue that Omni-Tek was moving troops. Most of the time we've been spending of late has been in the Shadowlands while we work on repairing some internal infrastructure issues. Our lives are not solely and completely focussed on the battle against Omni... perhaps that's because we actually prefer to have lives and not give in to that good little corporate drone thing.

I must also point out that even if the clans were widely aware of omni troop movements, depending on the style of defense preferred, it would make sense to maintain a light rapid response strike force instead of gathering up forces into 'vital areas' and basically committing resources to a potentially unnecessary action. You are looking at this apparently from a set-piece mentality... which your opponents do not in case you haven't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekor
    I travelled to Borealis yesterday to lend support for the Omni-Tek protection force. I can confirm for you that the Unicorn Brigade or Omni-Tek Armed Forces were NOT attacking Neutral citizens. There were a few Neutral citizens and Clanner filth engaging in combat with the Omni-Tek forces and only those individuals and their allies were sent to reclaim.

Well then, have you stoped to think weather or not this means that the people of Borealis wish OT occupation or not?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12