Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A letter to Omni, Clan, and Neutrals about Borealis

The reason why you have not seen any bodies of dead mages is because of the fact that they do not leave behind a body. It is absorbed by mother ka, or rubi-ka as you call her. The nanomage kind is made from notum and therefor we are absorbed back into the planet once we die leaving behind nothing.

No I have not.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Mining.

I am curious as to how mining kills Nanomages? While I'm familiar with Atrox workers dying in mining accidents in Omni run mines. I'm unsure exactly what the link to Nanomages is Please be so kind to inform me of this link and any supporting evidence. Impassioned pleas will not be resonded to by myself without verifiable evidence to support this.
    "Moderates work with the expectation of goodwill and cooperation. To be effective they require that both sides of an arguement be reasonable..."

"I am not a Moderate."

Kayisa Agent and CoT Rep for RKA United.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    The reason why you have not seen any bodies of dead mages is because of the fact that they do not leave behind a body. It is absorbed by mother ka, or rubi-ka as you call her. The nanomage kind is made from notum and therefor we are absorbed back into the planet once we die leaving behind nothing.
    The perfect fertilizer! The bodies containing notum go back into the ground for us to mine back out and sell for MORE profit. Thank you for your support!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Words just fail...
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    I would certainly sympathize and support the NLF if they had any solid and scientific evidence on their side to support their claims, but over the years...all the 'outrage' and 'till all are free!' have been nothing short of a propaganda scheme without any reliable and proven scientific research.
    The NLF has provided information to your CoT and Omni-Tek many times over and it's been pushed them away..

I personaly have offered many times to work with any group(s) to prove or disprove our original findings.. I also have been pushed away on this.

It angers me to no end that some snot nose punk strolls in talking that.. "shown no proof", "scheming", "scientific proof".. bullarky.

How should we provide it this time since I guess our findings aren't good enough for you?

*takes a deep breath*

Look.. once more...

I welcome any group to sit down with the NLF and come up with a test, that will satisfy all parties involved, to investigate the notum issue.

Was that clear enough?

I mean why in the hell should we be jumping thru hoops for you sense WE are the ones with the proof and you are not.

And you wonder why we are so pissed?
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Mr. Cynotor I will take you in by your hair and with "Disturbing the Peace", glued to your forehead, do I make myself clear? Calm yourself.

Commander Wagner is correct. There has never been a confirmed case of Nanomage directly dying through mining except in the cases of mining accidents, etc. Anyone is free to associate themselves with the NLF however I will take a small moment to remind you of the facts.

December 28479: Unlawful Nanomage Liberation Front protest.

April/May 28480: Nanomage Liberation Front members and their associate "Chimx" attack Omni-Pol mining operations.
    Status: Absolutely destroyed through the actions of one Officer and one loyal Omni citizen.

You have your freedoms, as I have said. I advise you not to overstep them, if you choose to support the NLF.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    Mr. Cynotor I will take you in by your hair and with "Disturbing the Peace", glued to your forehead, do I make myself clear? Calm yourself.

Commander Wagner is correct. There has never been a confirmed case of Nanomage directly dying through mining except in the cases of mining accidents, etc.
    You can try Omni-Pol anytime you would like..

Here is some proof that I have included in our reports we have tried to give..

January 23rd 28479
    Name Shadowset
    Member of Assembly(deceased)

Shadowset was taken prisoner and moved to a "secure" location where the notum was pumped in and out of the air by members of Omni-Pol. Our leader Aazamon working a detail in the area, overheard Shadowset screaming. Apon investigation Aazamon found Shadowset near death with the notum levels in the room at less then 10%.

Shadowset died days later suffering from what our doctors label NDS.

Should I go on?

November 2nd 28479
    Name Eng2869
    Member of Nanomage Liberation Front(deceased)

Our brother went missing this day with reports of a robot, now thought to be a unicorn, squad grabbing him in a alleyway in Borealis. A search followed for days after. His com-link was found in 4 holes but searches found nothing.. 4 days later we found our brother in a shack in Stet West Bank, his body was a dry husk. Not only was all the Notum sucked from his body but also all of his bodily fluids.

May 4th 28480
    Name Caviler Cynotor
    Member of the Nanomage Liberation Front

Yes myself..

Trying to deliver a report to Omni-Mining I was set upon by 9 guards in Omni-Ent. I was unarmored and had no weapon. I was not given the chance to state my attentions nor purpose.

Want more?

I can give you more but do you really care?

Alright, where are the corener's reports, ther are things I would like to know.

How long and at what leves were the notum levels set at for example?

What other injuries did the subjects suffer?

Was the notum the only thing with held?

Had hostile nano programs be run on them?

Did they attempt to use nano programs while the Notum levels were low?

10% of what level, how many parts of notum per million set the 100% mark and what is the level at currently.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I would agree with the claim that nanomages die without notum, considering it is a signifigant part of their physiology. What the NLF is concerned with, and anybody who has a Nanomage as a friend, is that notum is a limited resource. Its a physical material that can be taken out of the ground and transported.

If you arn't certain about this, do a shovel test. Go out with a shovel and dig a hole. Take a peice of notum out of the hole, put it in your pocket and come back the next day. If the notum has reappeared in the hole (even with or without staying in your pocket) then nanomages are safe! If the notum has not reappeared (as it has been for me on many of occasion that i've done this test), than notum is a limited resource and transporting it off world will directly lead to the deaths of Nanomages by reducing the concentrations in the environment they need for life.

That being said, notum is highly concentrated on the surface of Rubi-Ka and in the crust. The Terraformed zone is only one small section of the planet. To my knowledge, notum is mostly uniformly distributed around the globe. So the situation becomes: how much notum does a nanomage need to survive and what concentration of notum in the crust of the planet maintains that amount?

As twistshot suggests, more testing needs to be done, but the issue should not be discounted.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Aeylla
    Umm, I am embarrassed and under unbelievable shock. Our own private studies and tests have shown that some of the theories you have been stating may very well be true. My own mining operations have backed down production until further studies can be done. This does not mean that mining will stop only that further studies need to be done to figure out a balance.
    Ms. Aeylla,

I want to personally thank you.

This statement shows you that you truely care about this planet you also call home, I would like to set aside any hostilities that might have come between us.

Please let let me or better yet my council of leaders a call if we can assist your staff in any further testing.

Best wishes,
    ~Caviler

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Alright, where are the corener's reports, ther are things I would like to know.

How long and at what leves were the notum levels set at for example?

What other injuries did the subjects suffer?

Was the notum the only thing with held?

Had hostile nano programs be run on them?

Did they attempt to use nano programs while the Notum levels were low?

10% of what level, how many parts of notum per million set the 100% mark and what is the level at currently.

I offer any group that wishes this information please feel free to contact me and I will make a presentation to your group.

I feel it would be more personal if I was infront talking on a personal level. These "forums" leave the information open to distracting chit chat and one tends to loose sight of the real reason for the discussion.

Can I pencil in your group for a report?

~Caviler

[ to get a report like that on the forums would be huge so it would be better if I came to your guild and talked there.]
    Last edited by alto; Jun 14th, 2006 at 18:19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    I would agree... ....more testing needs to be done, but the issue should not be discounted.
    Madam,

I thank you for the kind words. And agree with your statements full out.

We have attempted few other tests since our original report years back. I must say that the main reason they stopped, in my opinion, is the lack of people interested in the subject.

Now I know that 3 people showing sudden interest is a strange reason for hope butI see this as a begining.

IF I gain approval, read funding, for more testing I will be more then happy to share this information with the world. The NLF has never hidden our facts from the world and I cannot see this changing.

I cannot speak for the NLF as a whole as I have stated many times before, that is why we have a council *smiles*, but I have hopes that maybe one day we might find other groups that would like to share in the testing and further the burden of proof.

The main problem the NLF has caused on this issue is there usage of terror and violance to prove their point, and since I can not fathom a way that blowing up a mining station, causing the stored and non-mined notum to be damaged and destroyed would prove that the nano-mages are on the verge of being whiped out.

However Alto if you can present to me with out the use of exploseves the scientific facts behind all of this I will listen. Mind you I do know that nano-mages can not survive with out notum, that is a measure of fact.

If you can notify me of when and where this report will take place I will attempt to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    However Alto if you can present to me with out the use of exploseves the scientific facts behind all of this I will listen. Mind you I do know that nano-mages can not survive with out notum, that is a measure of fact.

If you can notify me of when and where this report will take place I will attempt to make it.
    I will be glad to give the Aethyr Knights a presentaion just have someone contact me so I can set up a time.

Research has now been completed, and I am satisfied. All data has been classified and is being stored in an undisclosed location in Tir. All though there were some enlightening discoveries I feel that there is no need to impede mining efforts as they now stand. I am happy to say that in our experiments we only lost one Nano Mage. We did everything we could but alas she succumbed to an odd ailment and she simply vanished. I do not think it was a painful parting and her family was well compensated.

It was hard for me to leave my home in Borealis because of the recent occupation by Omni, but now I have “some” freedom to conduct business. At least now, has hard as it to say I can rely on the Omni guards to keep the terrorists acts of the NLF at bay.

Research has now been completed, and I am satisfied. All data has been classified and is being stored in an undisclosed location in Tir. All though there were some enlightening discoveries I feel that there is no need to impede mining efforts as they now stand. I am happy to say that in our experiments we only lost one Nano Mage. We did everything we could but alas she succumbed to an odd ailment and she simply vanished. I do not think it was a painful parting and her family was well compensated.

It was hard for me to leave my home in Borealis because of the recent occupation by Omni, but now I have “some” freedom to conduct business. At least now, has hard as it to say I can rely on the Omni guards to keep the terrorists acts of the NLF at bay.
    Aeylla, would you like a job with Omni Public Relations? I think you would be excellent at it; I couldn't have written that better myself!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I am happy to say that in our experiments we only lost one Nano Mage.
    Y.y..you...MONSTER!!!

....happy to say...only one mage... and it will only become more with every piece of Notum you mine. How many more mages must die before you will finally see the truth?

*sighs*
    *ok stay cool Chop, you cant help it that they are blind and ignorant for the truth*
    Aeylla i would like to invite you personally to our party the 23th of July, perhaps we can discuss this issue a bit more? what do say?
    Last edited by Chopian; Jun 28th, 2006 at 20:34:21.

My sympathies run towards Chopian's monster sentiments...
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Chopian
    Y.y..you...MONSTER!!!

....happy to say...only one mage... and it will only become more with every piece of Notum you mine. How many more mages must die before you will finally see the truth?
    You make the foolish assumption that the nanomage did not volunteer or knew the risks involved.

Did you ever consider that it was a nanomage who wanted to help provide proof to the danger you believe exists?

If he/she was willing to sacrifice that much, then wouldn't you be happy such a person existed? wouldn't you honor and celebrate the death of someone who should be a hero to you?

Are you so blind by your own propaganda that you fail to see someone just like you died for the same cause you fight?

I don't agree with the NLF, neither have I yet to see solid scientific evidence of the ludicrous claims the terrorist organization is based on...however I do aknowledge that if someone is willing to give up their life for their ideals...it must be given merit even if such ideals are wrong.

Heroes are not born, they are made of bravery, self sacrifice and the willingness to put others ahead of one self.

I will pray tonight for the soul of a nanomage, perhaps you should do the same.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast