Thread: FJRK: Vanguard Expand Security cordon to West Athen

FJRK: Vanguard Expand Security cordon to West Athen

Voice of Freedom – Vanguard move into West Athens
    May 30, 29480 - [Global]

Vanguard forces today extended their security cordon out beyond the walls of Old Athen to include the streets of West Athen. It would appear that the move was made at the request of local business leaders; however the timing of the decision may not be unrelated to the recent events in 4 Holes and Borealis. However Vanguard spokesman Ramon Bauer was quick to quell any rumours that this was anything other then a business deal.

“This deal was struck after the citizens of West Athens made a personal request to our leader Alan Jacobi to extend the protective services we provide in Athen itself to the enclave of West Athen. After agreeing terms and signing all the relevant contracts our security forces moved into the area and have begun to provide security as per the terms of those contracts.

We are of course aware that current events mean any military expansion of individual clans may be seen in a different light then it might have done even a week ago, but we would like to assure all the clans that this was a contractual obligation that was signed some weeks ago, and we pride ourselves on never failing to fulfil a contract so did not deem it necessary to postpone our deployment in West Athen.”

Local citizens seemed to welcome the move several local businesses have issued grid-feed releases in support the Vanguard presence in the streets of West Athens. “If anything”, one anonymous chatter posted on a local grid channel, “with everything going on the last few days it’s quite a relief to see increased security on our streets. If the Unicorns come knocking here like they have in Borealis I’ll be glad to have some Vanguard forces here to meet them!”

((woot! no more free ride for ommers to get in and title farm our newbies))

Finally!

yeah! omni be farm Old Athens... again. Watch you back flagged clammers, watch your back
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Pity for lowbie pvp. No more mass ganks
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

[thank god... I love lowbie pvp.. but not in WA front gate.. go to 2ho have a blast.. toodles]

-Smiles seeing the contract fullfilled- Thank you Alan for addressing this issue as a great number of us have be awaiting this move.

Finaly
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

While I would have preferred another legacy clan to take over the duties there, I suppose the Vanguards are the logical choice since thier home base is in Old Athen.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Vanguards I thank you

/me sends a small donation to Alan

May your forces bolster and your markets overflow