Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Unionists Sieze 4 Holes

FJRK: Unionists Sieze 4 Holes

Voice of Freedom – Breaking News
    May 30, 29480 - [Global]

In a shock development the Unionist Clan has seized control of the 4 Holes Mining operations in a hostile action against Omni-Tek. It would appear from initial reports that the Unionist forces took advantage of Omni-Pol troop redeployments towards Borealis to forcibly remove Omni-Tek security forces from the area and effectively take full control of the facility.

Satellite news feeds recorded multiple outbreaks of small arms fire and some explosions from in and around the facility during the early hours of yesterday morning. It would appear that up to thirty clan members might have been involved in the operation. No casualty figures were available this morning and Omni-Tek has yet to comment on the losses at the time of this report. Eyewitness accounts filtering in through the grid-feed do suggest however that up to ten Omni-Pol personnel may have had to involuntarily reclaim.

This morning it would appear that the facility is firmly under Unionist control and Omni personnel were being denied access to the facility at gunpoint. Mining operations appeared to be continuing as normal although reports suggest that no notum was actually leaving the facility.

The Unionists motives have yet to be confirmed but given their long-term hostility to Omni-Mining operations it is unlikely that their choice of target is a co-incidence and they certainly have the expertise within their membership to keep the mining operation running, however quite what they intend to do with any notum they can mine remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Editor: FJRK; May 30th, 2006 at 12:16:57.

I am in shock.

Thieves.
    Murderers.
    They'll pay dearly for this.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Aww.. Poor poor you.. Lost your precious notum mine? Maybe Omni-Tek shouldn't have invaded Borealis?
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Finally the Clan are taking the offensive against the vial regieme of the Omnis. I look forward to seeing more Clan victories in the future.
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Sary
    Aww.. Poor poor you.. Lost your precious notum mine? Maybe Omni-Tek shouldn't have invaded Borealis?
    And I'm sure Simon Silverstone is deeply hurt by the TERRIBLE crimes perpetrated against the neutral citizens of Borealis.

At least be honest about your motivations for stealing Omni-Tek property.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

The Unionists must have been planning this for a while... Probably been waiting for the perfect opportunity to move in this outrageous manner.

Its just about as hostile as it gets......
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

....What in the *hell* is happening lately? Is the entire world going crazy..?

Hah...hah....I think it is! This shouldn't be a surprise....Heh....We've all known for the longest time, this place is nuts...The whole planet, I mean.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

This is a rather bold move at such a critical juncture in Clan/Omni cooperation against the Aliens. I can only see this going from bad to worse in the near future, and sparking even more political/military conflict.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum
    At least be honest about your motivations for stealing Omni-Tek property.
    Uhuuh.. Like the move into Borealis is just to "increase defenses against the aliens". Suuure..
    At least look at yourself, before critisizing others.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

And what is your proof of that? And besides, you Clanners have never really cared about the neutrals, so I don't see a reason why you should now.

First those "Knights" attack unprovoked, and now this. What is Rubi-ka coming to?

That sir is a load of bronto dung.. Sentinels do not care for Neutrals.. Knights on the other hand..

Congradulations Landau, a swift move at a critical time when the Unicorns have invaded Borealis.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    Voice of Freedom – Breaking News
    May 30, 29480 - [Global]
    This morning it would appear that the facility is firmly under Unionist control and Omni personnel were being denied access to the facility at gunpoint. Mining operations appeared to be continuing as normal although reports suggest that no notum was actually leaving the facility... they certainly have the expertise within their membership to keep the mining operation running, however quite what they intend to do with any notum they can mine remains to be seen.
    A ugly scarred faced Vanguard buracrat sat across from F'spy... waiting for her answer. "So how about it, Eh? We can't afford to lose any transport ships when Omni starts it's blockage and starts shooting down every ship that tries to deliver a shipment from the mine. Tell you what... forget the 100k per run... We can pay ya 250k per run. Grid in. Grab a load. Grid out. Easy for the likes of you."

/smiles as she nods her head slowly. "Yeah, I'll do it. But you are going to guarentee me a 50 mil contract per day for 200 gridded shipments."

The crat look momentarily worried... "200 grids per day? You have one hell of a rep on the streets... but are you that good?" he asked, intriged.

"You bet your damn @zz" she beamed. "Deal?" she asked, holding out her hand...
    "Deal" the crat agreed, reaching to shake with her...

A split second later F'Spy was half dragging, half pushing a confused crat along as they exited the F'grid not to far from 4-holes. "Come on damit! Let's Go! Hurry it up before some Omnilette ganks you!" she giggled as the crat struggled to regain his bearings. "You got some money to get organized. I'll be done in 3 or 4 hours and I don't work on credit."
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!
    Now Recruiting Players of All Levels and Expansions!
    Newbie & Noob & Froob Players Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    This is a rather bold move at such a critical juncture in Clan/Omni cooperation against the Aliens. I can only see this going from bad to worse in the near future, and sparking even more political/military conflict.
    What cooperation?
    Nice timing on the attack on 4 holes, maybe it will be enough to make Omni-tek pull out of Bore so they can retake the facility and let the people retake their city.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

The only reason we -permitted- 4 Holes to be taken is because we can just hit your distribution network and take the notum that you have so kindly harvested for us for free.

It was a shrewd business decision, one which all shareholder's and employees of OT will benefit from. It also keeps the rebels away from the more civilised lands and cities, I mean, have you actually had the displeasure of smelling a rebel lately?

4 Holes is as barren as the ambitions of the ones now occupying the territory, they are welcome to it.

Don't know about rebels.. but I don't know of many if any clanners whom do not bathe regularly sir.. However, the smell of your ignorance is quite pungent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    Don't know about rebels.. but I don't know of many if any clanners whom do not bathe regularly sir.. However, the smell of your ignorance is quite pungent.
    They must be bathing in the same waste they use to write their propeganda. Flowers have already started to bloom in Borealis, no longer supressed by the noxious aroma of the rebel vermin.

The only waste I can find it the rather -cencored- attempt at propaganda that you have attempted "Flowers have already started to bloom" Well when some one is shot the blood splatter dose resemble a flower i suppose.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

This 4Holes incident is an outright attack on Omni Tek. The Unionist clan is responsible, obviously. Now we get to see wich other clans support the agressive way and wich will deny any part of the assault.

In other words, the time has come to see how many clanners really fighting for peace and how many really fighting for profit. You have denied it for ages, yet attacking and taking a Mine proves your lies.

I cant wait to hear something official from the clan leaders...
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Regardless, the Clans should at least allow Omni to evacuate Omni employess still trapped in 4 Holes, the various vendor and merchants trapped in their shops.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I can't say I condone these actions...but I can say that hopefully Omni-Tek will reconsider its military strategy. Seeing monsters and villains lurking in every shadow should have been something overcome as a child. Borealis is a city shielded with shadow...and now Omni-Tek has pierced that shadow. Who can say what evil festers in Borealis now that the veil is torn?
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast