Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Priority Omni-Tek Press Release

Obviously your sharp wit and intellect have dulled since you left the Corporation.

By Outside Help, as stated in Mr. Ross' statement, we do not mean purchasing outside merchandise, but rather accepting assistance from the ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Security footage 132.23.24
    “Your signature Jacobi?”

Alan Jacobi paused for a second before turning slowly and returning to the table. Silverstone sat across from him, clearly impatient as he tapped a data-pad against the rim of the table.

Remind me again why you think it’s a good idea to invite orbital weapons platforms into range of our holdings?” the Vanguard leader asked casting his eyes skywards out of the window of the Council of Truth buildings.

Simon Silverstone drew his feet up onto the table and leant backwards casually, “Do you care? War is good for business no?”

Jacobi shrugged, “Always, but we already have a war my friend, one we seem to be managing comfortably, why do we need the ICC?”

“If they want to deploy orbital platforms with heavy ordinance for our protection who are we to stand in the way of extra safety for our loyal comrades?
    You were a worthy opponent. But your lack of evidence and clear ignorance of reality has bored me. Do your research, and reply once you are ready.

Omni-Tek Knows.
    CybertroniX Watches.
    Last edited by JubileX_Prime; Jun 5th, 2006 at 04:12:54. Reason: Underlined relevant passages to make undertanding easier.

Do you truely think that we would allow OT to have such an advantage over us by their bringing in a heavy weapons orbital weapons platform with out bringing in a system of our own? Wether we liked it or not? Would you blindfold your self and then attempt to do combat with some one armed with a machinegun? With hand to hand combat? I think not.

And it goes with out saying that Mr Silverstone would never say no to a bigger gun, nor would Mr Jacobi turn down something that would defend Old Athens from alien attack.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    Be aware. Our current CEO is a warlord. He -will- employ warlord tactics. And you are just begging him to do so.
    So how exactly is that not an admission that Omni-Tek is gearing up to unleash war on this planet? Why send a warlord to a place as the leader when you announce you wish to negotiate and wish to maintain peace in? At the least it's grossly inefficient and counter-productive... so we must conclude that you're either attempting some pitifully inept attempt at masking your intentions, or you've utterly discarded the bottom line and are making decisions by pulling names out of a hat instead of sending in who's best suited. I doubt Omni-Tek has resorted to pulling names out of hats, so I'm left with the conclusion that you're planning on waging war if we, the Clans (and judging by the actions in Borealis, you're expanding that list to include Neutrals) don't capitulate to your demands... spin it any way you like, but given the likelihood of the Clans just surrendering to you, it's pretty much starting a war and then trying to place the blame for it on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Do you truely think that we would allow OT to have such an advantage over us by their bringing in a heavy weapons orbital weapons platform with out bringing in a system of our own? Wether we liked it or not? Would you blindfold your self and then attempt to do combat with some one armed with a machinegun? With hand to hand combat? I think not.

And it goes with out saying that Mr Silverstone would never say no to a bigger gun, nor would Mr Jacobi turn down something that would defend Old Athens from alien attack.
    You, of course, have missed the entire point of my message. The platforms are ICC and belong to ICC. If you have nothing constructive to add, please leave the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    So how exactly is that not an admission that Omni-Tek is gearing up to unleash war on this planet? Why send a warlord to a place as the leader when you announce you wish to negotiate and wish to maintain peace in? At the least it's grossly inefficient and counter-productive... so we must conclude that you're either attempting some pitifully inept attempt at masking your intentions, or you've utterly discarded the bottom line and are making decisions by pulling names out of a hat instead of sending in who's best suited. I doubt Omni-Tek has resorted to pulling names out of hats, so I'm left with the conclusion that you're planning on waging war if we, the Clans (and judging by the actions in Borealis, you're expanding that list to include Neutrals) don't capitulate to your demands... spin it any way you like, but given the likelihood of the Clans just surrendering to you, it's pretty much starting a war and then trying to place the blame for it on us.
    A military leader was sent to oversee operations because the alien threat is a military matter and is the most pressing one. You flatter yourselves if you think we would place such a powerfully decorated military genius on Rubi-Ka because of the Clans. You are not -that- important to Omni-Prime.
    Need we remind you that while we have not attacked your facilities, you have invaded ours ? We do not need to try to place the blame on you. You do it so well, especially since your precious Council has condoned the action in 4-Hole. Or did they ? And do not spout that scrap about us first invading Borealis. It is not clan-held territory.

Omni-Tek succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

By occupying Borealis the respected military 'genius' has managed to lose the mining facility of 4Holes, and at the same time make a relativly peaceful group of citizens take action ranging from no longer aiding Omni-Tek to taking armed conflict against Omni-Tek troops. Not a state of affairs conducive to anything besides starting a war, I am sure the ICC will be keeping a close eye on these proceedings.
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

I will happily grant you that the Council of Truth made a strategic blunder when it condoned the Unionists actions in 4 Holes. I would heartily agree that it was a stupid move on their parts, giving Omni an excuse to move against them. But... given the unilateral dismissal of the treaties already in place, Omni didn't really need one, so it was something of a moot point from the start as it is. But it's never good to look like the bad guy, even when you are, now is it? Especially with the ICC acknowledging at least something approaching the legitimacy of the Cans...

I will happily grant you that the Council of Truth made a strategic blunder when it condoned the Unionists actions in 4 Holes. I would heartily agree that it was a stupid move on their parts, giving Omni an excuse to move against them. But... given the unilateral dismissal of the treaties already in place, Omni didn't really need one, so it was something of a moot point from the start as it is. But it's never good to look like the bad guy, even when you are, now is it? Especially with the ICC acknowledging at least something approaching the legitimacy of the Cans...

You have it wrong Hermiaa, we have supported the Unionists actions and condemed the Omni-Tek invasion of Borealis.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I understand that. But I still think that politically it was a stupid move. Never give the other side more opportunity and ammunition against you than you need to. Better to have ignored the situation rather than approve it after the fact. Sure Omni annulled the Tir Accords, but so long as we abided by their rules, we had potentially had a public relations shield to use with the ICC. By breaking with the spirit of the accords, we've acknowledged that we aren't going to abide by them and that the ICC can safely ignore them and not even think of them. Bluntly, we just burned our fragile safety net by approving of that take over.

I understand that. But I still think that politically it was a stupid move. Never give the other side more opportunity and ammunition against you than you need to. Better to have ignored the situation rather than approve it after the fact. Sure Omni annulled the Tir Accords, but so long as we abided by their rules, we had potentially had a public relations shield to use with the ICC. By breaking with the spirit of the accords, we've acknowledged that we aren't going to abide by them and that the ICC can safely ignore them and not even think of them. Bluntly, we just burned our fragile safety net by approving of that take over.
    I fear to inform you that the fragile safety net was burned away when Mr Ross was shot and Zora appointed in his place. Then those ashes were swept away when Omni-Tek invaded Borealis. The attack on 4 Holes was just making use of a once in a life time opertunity that could not be passed up.

And one thing that Omni-Tek has never lack for was ammo to use against us, even if so much of it was really blanks.

Granted, but the political situation has been exacerbated by the tacit approval of the Council.

True, but were talking about the effects a bucket of hydro-carbons [aka gas] being thrown into a burning sky scraper, a nice little flash but it adds up to nothing.

Quite the opposite.

Before your invasion of 4-Holes, we had no financial or political reason to enter the lands that we granted you in the last civil war and reclaim them.

We were content in exploiting our part of Rubi-Ka. Notice that no large incursions of troops have occured in your lands in a long time.

By supporting the Unionists, your council has crossed a line it cannot return behind. You have broken the spirit of the treaties. You cannot hide behind ICC anymore. You are invaders. You are the bad guys.

Deal with the consequences of your actions.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Hmm the term 'blackwhite' springs to mind....
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    Quite the opposite.

Before your invasion of 4-Holes, we had no financial or political reason to enter the lands that we granted you in the last civil war and reclaim them.

We were content in exploiting our part of Rubi-Ka. Notice that no large incursions of troops have occured in your lands in a long time.

By supporting the Unionists, your council has crossed a line it cannot return behind. You have broken the spirit of the treaties. You cannot hide behind ICC anymore. You are invaders. You are the bad guys.

Deal with the consequences of your actions.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

I still cant believe that you simply can not grasp so few simple facts. One of them being that Borealis is Neutral territory not Clan. Thus far we have not lost any territory to your lust for blood shead.

He's getting at the idea that Omni-Tek may have unilaterally dimissed the Tir Accords, but their actions never technically violated them, so they can claim a case of brinkmanship while maintaining the most technical abiding of the law. They didn't violate the accords spirit, so they were partially covered. This is not a case of strict law abiding. It is a case of perception and politics, and when the Council condoned the actions in 4 holes, they lost the political advantage. And unfortunately, we missed a good opportunity to put them in a bad position and possibly even humiliating their new CEO had we played our cards correctly. But, water under the bridge and all that at this point.

Within the bounds of technicalities, with the negation of the Tir Accords Omni-Tek lost all rights of protection and consideration under the treaty. They may have broken the letter of the Accords, but we however broke the spirit. As it stands it will matter little in the present, but I fear it will have consequences in the future that we may not enjoy swallowing. Such is life.

Within the bounds of technicalities, with the negation of the Tir Accords Omni-Tek lost all rights of protection and consideration under the treaty. They may have broken the letter of the Accords, but we however broke the spirit. As it stands it will matter little in the present, but I fear it will have consequences in the future that we may not enjoy swallowing. Such is life.
    Need I remind you, the Tir accord was an agreement Between omni-tek and the "governing body of the united, independent clans of Rubi-Ka." When said governing body ceased to exist, Omni-tek no longer had an agreement with anyone. Even the new council acknowledges that it is not the governing body of the clans, and therefore not a party to the Tir accord.

I wish it weren't the case, but those are the facts.

Not often does political and public relations considerations meet reality and facts. Perception of the truth often outweighs and trumps the realities of those truths and facts.

I applaude the wisdom of Hermiaa.

Indeed, while the Tyr Accords were considered null and void, Omni-Tek continued to respect its spirit for the simple reason that it suited us very well to continue operating in relative peace.

We have not made any major hostile move towards the Clans since the accord was dissolved by Mr. Ross. Therefore we cannot be found guilty by any trial of attempting to start a new civil war. Quite the opposite, really. As stated originally, we were satisfied with the status quo.

The Unionists decided to invade out Notum mining facilities of 4-Hole following a re-organisation which is meant to protect a vital component of our newly arriving defenses, the Goliath BattleStations. The real mistake the Council of Truth made was in condoning the actions of the Unionists. They could have saved face, and prevented much bloodshed, by publicly chastising the Unionists and cutting them off.
    They chose wrongly. And now, unless the Council is willing to negociate to its disadvantage, war may become inevitable.

The clans struck the first blow. History will remember that.

Omni-Tek Succeeds.
    CybertroniX Watches.

Unfortunately you are probably correct in that. But I also suspect that history will also remember that the clans were duped into the perception of striking first by Omni-Tek's actions. I feel this is more due to political naivete more than anything else, and that history will show that. Had they been more thoughtful of the matter, the council could have withheld denunciation or condemnation of the Unionists, refusing to speak on the matter until Borealis was restored to neutrality, using 4 Holes as leverage to force Omni-Tek out, the carrot and stick if you will. Given the unlikely event that Omni would have folded, it would have been I feel a safe gamble and would have saved the council considerable political face, not to mention the political windfall it would have likely proven with the unaligned factions. But lost opportunities are a common occurrance in this conflict, so we move on and deal with the fallout.

the clans were duped into the perception of striking first by Omni-Tek's actions.
    This made me laugh out loud. You cannot be duped into starting a war unless you are truly short-sighted, as the Unionists were. So really, the Clans will be remembered as silly and reckless, and so they duped themselves into striking first.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast