Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: OTPC: Priority Omni-Tek Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo
    This made me laugh out loud. You cannot be duped into starting a war unless you are truly short-sighted, as the Unionists were. So really, the Clans will be remembered as silly and reckless, and so they duped themselves into striking first.
    Do not make the mistake of under estimating your opponent. The Clans also have intelligence people with them, they are just not yet smart enough to let them lead.
    They will learn from Omni-Tek, and may yet become a power to be reckoned with.

Yes, they made a grave tactical and political mistake, which has cost them at the very least their tenuous hope of ICC assistance in this forecoming conflict. But we have learned that they are resilient, and I have no choice but to show approval in this.

If the Clans were to turn their full power towards the Alien menace, Rubi-Ka would be a much safer place. But a central opinion and power base is their greatest weakness, even though it still brings them some advantages.

One day, in the far future, We still hope to Enlighten them to the Great Light of Omni-Tek. Until then, we must remain wary.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

The clans do not yet have the political sophistication in their leadership to chart a course around the traps that have been layed out before them. I suspect that Mr. Silverstone and his ilk would rail against such maneuvers even if they did possess that sophistication. In all likelihood, many of them do possess the sophistication, but are shouted down by the thugs and miscreants among our ranks. But... I suspect Omni-Tek will indeed be our saviour in this. Once the thugs get tired of the endless trips to reclaim with little to show for their pains, perhaps they will have had enough concussions to allow those who do possess foresight and the ability to plan enough of an edge to allow them to finally be heard. Given that the leadership was at least wise enough to avoid being drawn into a reckless fight on the streets of Borealis and other neutral cities and settlements, my hopes for this are increased.

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime
    If the Clans were to turn their full power towards the Alien menace, Rubi-Ka would be a much safer place.
    I do belive you need to make up your mind, we are either a military power as you seem to portray here or a bunch of violance loving thugs and gang-bangers as you have portrayed us in the past.

Also the same could be said to you, if Omni would turn their full power towards the Alien menance, rather that attacking defencless neutral cities, then Rubi-Ka would be a much safer place.

Ever since the first, public, arival of the alien invaders there have been those on all sides of this conflict that have cried out for us to combine forces to drive these invaders back into deep space.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    I do belive you need to make up your mind, we are either a military power as you seem to portray here or a bunch of violance loving thugs and gang-bangers as you have portrayed us in the past.
    That's easy to clear: both. You currently are a bunch of disorganised forces, some of you thugs in your indiscriminate murder of Omni-Tek employees. Would you simply band under a single banner and learn to coordinate, you would become a military power. Omni-Tek does not believe you can get along sufficiently to succeed in that however.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistyshot
    Also the same could be said to you, if Omni would turn their full power towards the Alien menance, rather that attacking defencless neutral cities, then Rubi-Ka would be a much safer place.
    We have turned our full power towards the Alien menace. The three Unicorns currently stationned at Borealis -are- Alien defense. No cities were attacked by Omni-Tek. We simply followed the letter of the law and sent troops to defend it, where ICC troopers were insufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistyshot
    Ever since the first, public, arival of the alien invaders there have been those on all sides of this conflict that have cried out for us to combine forces to drive these invaders back into deep space.
    Omni-Tek agrees with that statement. It is one of the major reason we continued to keep the peace and the spirit of the Tyr Accords after its dissolution, in the hopes that the Clans would turn their military power towards the true menace. As proven by 4-Holes, we were wrong. As proven by the CoT's approval, we were wrong. The Clans are too treacherous to be trusted in an allied defense of Rubi-Ka.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

We have turned our full power towards the Alien menace. The three Unicorns currently stationned at Borealis -are- Alien defense. No cities were attacked by Omni-Tek. We simply followed the letter of the law and sent troops to defend it, where ICC troopers were insufficient.
    Then I suggest that you go to Borealis, for unless the unicorn troops are capable of reproducing like cells there are a lot more than 3 there and let us not forget the OT-AF and Omni-Pol troops there. Also, what happened to the boasts of your great military space fleet, divisions of troops at your disposal that are mentioned time after time, did they just dry up and blow away as dust? Suddenly you only have less than a handfull?

Omni-Tek agrees with that statement. It is one of the major reason we continued to keep the peace and the spirit of the Tyr Accords after its dissolution, in the hopes that the Clans would turn their military power towards the true menace. As proven by 4-Holes, we were wrong. As proven by the CoT's approval, we were wrong. The Clans are too treacherous to be trusted in an allied defense of Rubi-Ka.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Its a natural state

Order must flow into the state of chaos, thus is the movement of the universe. Omni will stabilize the city.
    "When travelling down Life's highway, remember never to drag your face in the gravel.."

When "order" brings more chaos than there was originally...how will anything be stable? Unless you mean the calm immobility of death I see no stability.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Order will be restored eventually, and the city will prosper for it.

We are Omni-Tek. We bring protection and peace.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    CybertroniX Watches.

I agree that order will be restored. I only disagree in the nature of its restoration and whether or not the city will prosper if the military presence drags on into months or years.

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Some people believe that the Sentinels are the Dust Brigade. It is known that Omni-Tek has provided weapons to the Dust Brigade. Someone above made mention that the Unicorns and the Sentinals are both the groups that pushed to accepted the ICC weapons with even the Sentinel leader pointing out how War is good for Business.

You do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemkarik
    Some people believe that the Sentinels are the Dust Brigade. It is known that Omni-Tek has provided weapons to the Dust Brigade. Someone above made mention that the Unicorns and the Sentinals are both the groups that pushed to accepted the ICC weapons with even the Sentinel leader pointing out how War is good for Business.

You do the math.
    1 High ranking Unicorn Commander is discovered to be the leader of the Dust Brigade

+

1 Despite the number of heavily armed personel at site he escapes

=

2 Smoke and Mirror move by taking Borealis.

Seems to add up for me

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    1 High ranking Unicorn Commander is discovered to be the leader of the Dust Brigade

+

1 Despite the number of heavily armed personel at site he escapes

=

2 Smoke and Mirror move by taking Borealis.

Seems to add up for me
    We are impressed that you can show such mathematical skills despite your reduced intellect.

You do not get to be a high-ranking Unicorn commander without great battlefield knowledge and skills. One of his abilities can easily out-shoot most guards, especially when said guards were posted by him before making good his escape.

Permadeath weapons are terrifying. Our troops are ordered not to risk their lives unnessarily when faced with such weapons, and to attempt to contain and surround the target. A single Omni-Tek employee, whatever his status, is worth much more to us than any piece of equipment. Reclaim is one thing, but to lose them to such weaponry is ghastly, and we do not expect anyone to face such fate.

And we did not, and will not, provide weapons to terrorists. They acquired prototypes and assorted gear through treachery and theft.

Before spouting nonsense, please review the facts. We do not release the number or names of employees permakilled during his escape. Its called privacy-protection, and our employees deserve and expect it.

Omni-Tek Cares.
    CybertroniX Watches.

For your reading enjoyment. A responce to a very similer comment that you just made.

-----------------------------------------

-Originally Posted by Stillian
    You are making some odd assumptions there, Citizen. Training and weaponry? Tell me, we are all quite aware of Commander. Maelfus position within Omni-Tek and -Pol, but do you really believe, whatever his power may have included, he could have the Dust Brigade waltz into a training session and then wander off with some of the weapons?

----------------------------------------

Do you really think that he did not divise ways to counter their tactics and pass them on to the other Dusters? That he left all his knowldge at the door when he was exposed?

And as to your comment about the weapons, they are numbers on an invantory sheet, nothing prevents some one coming in picking out a rifle or crate of rifles and having an inside man list them as "not recived, lost in transit" or "Damaged beyond use and destroyed" or simply saying that yes they are there but cant be found due to the fact we just switched storage warehouses. Any good supply officer can tell you atleast a dozen ways to make an item disapear and a bad one can tell you a lot more.

Oh lets not forget my favorit. "Well Sir, the targeting information on our artilery suffered a malfunction and we just dropped a few kilo-ton of high explosives on our equipment convoy/warehouse and destroyed everything

Or maybe the idea is to get us all at each others throats so we won't notice them coming up behind us... the only thing this pointless bickering accomplishes is distracting us away from a mutual threat.
    To be good is to be in harmony with one's self... Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. - Wilde

Just a simple fact that everyone have seem to forgotten.

No one is as good at fighting the aliens as the Unicorns.
    Rubi Ka is at war with the aliens and the aliens are attacking Borealis. Therefore, we should, infact, be glad Omni Tek have retaken their city and placed the Unicorns within.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Just a simple fact that everyone have seem to forgotten.

No one is as good at fighting the aliens as the Unicorns.
    Rubi Ka is at war with the aliens and the aliens are attacking Borealis. Therefore, we should, infact, be glad Omni Tek have retaken their city and placed the Unicorns within.
    Wrong…

Last night there was an alien attack on Borealis and the Unicorns didn’t lift a finger to help.

If you think they are so good, put them in some OT city.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    Wrong…

Last night there was an alien attack on Borealis and the Unicorns didn’t lift a finger to help.

If you think they are so good, put them in some OT city.

Was the communications tower or equipment harmed at all?? No. So while it may have appeared the Unicorns didn't lift a finger, the goal of them being there was accomplished. The equipment is still intact

((Please stop using the game mechanics as an RP motive for saying the Unicorns didn't do anything. You know (at least you should), as well as I do, if the NPC Unicorns got involved there would be hardly any AXP to be had by anyone. This would cause a bigger uproar because players would be 'watching' a battle play out in front of them rather than take part. Borealis is laggy as it is, could you imagine a NPC war with no benefit to the player?? It, it would be Anarchy.. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Jekor
    ((Please stop using the game mechanics as an RP motive for saying the Unicorns didn't do anything. You know (at least you should), as well as I do, if the NPC Unicorns got involved there would be hardly any AXP to be had by anyone. This would cause a bigger uproar because players would be 'watching' a battle play out in front of them rather than take part. Borealis is laggy as it is, could you imagine a NPC war with no benefit to the player?? It, it would be Anarchy.. ))
    ((Cognitive dissonance = bad. The unicorns are there to protect the dish from harm, how can they do that from miles away? The Unionists could have bombed the dish easily with their previous deployment. The new patch fixed that now.))

Finally the Unicorns have decided to modify their original plan and protect OT equipment directly. It's good to know that some nonviolent channels still work on this planet.

Angry Read This Please.

all of my toons are either omni or nuet, but i do not agree with omni "taking over" in effect. If this city is a nuetal and peacful city, keep it that way. i may be omni but i have plenty of clan friend who i meet and team with. If i am cut of from my clan friends i will get extremely anoyed.

Why cant funcom just put in nuetral gaurds but raise there level on days for AI raids. That seems a more reasonable way to solve this problem.

Sounds more like Omni might be bowing up to ICC. I think if the ICC steps in to settle anything Omni will offer armed resistance. The Neutrals for once are getting the raw end of the deal by being neutral. If they would only take up arms and stand up to those slowly crushing them under a opressive and corrupted jackboot. I can only hope some of the Neutrals learn before they have to do it the hard way.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910