Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Priority Omni-Tek Press Release

OTPC: Priority Omni-Tek Press Release

Increasing Security against Alien Threat
    May 30, 29480 - [Global]

The Omni-Tek central command has issued a new directive to all Rubi-Ka departments and operations today that authorises new measures and security spending to aid in the defence against the alien threat.

With the ICC already authorising the deployment of the Goliath class battle stations in orbit around Rubi-Ka Omni-Tek is increasing its military readiness in order to support their arrival. All departments are authorised to increase defence related spending by up to fifty percent.

In addition the central command has given the Unicorn Company forces wider powers to commandeer any company assets where appropriate to bolster the defence of those assets.

The Unicorn Company has already begun this necessary work by reinforcing the defence of the vital communication facilities in Borealis. Unicorn forces have moved into the area and are securing the area from potential threats. Employees are instructed to co-operate fully with the Unicorn and Omni-Pol forces as they conduct these vital security operations.

HOW did they justify this to the ICC???

It just goes to show, a larger military force is required for independent citizens to protect their interests from theft like this!

Was the recent failure of the suppression generators in Borealis deliberate, to allow Omni to sieze the facility with minimum resistance from the city?
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Hmm interesting... not the way I would have thought would be the best... but Borealis has been an area for the gathering of unsavory types in the past... maybe this will help counter act that aswell as protect the city from the alien threat.
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Somehow, I doubt mant members of the Borealis public see it that way, having Unicorns on their doorstep...
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Political and Military Changes on Rubi-Ka
    - Omni-Tek Security forces have moved into Borealis. Clan citizens should be aware they risk attack anywhere within the city limits now.
    Does this mean Borealis is slowly becoming an Omni city ?
    I can understand the Unicorns coming to defend from the aliens and all...but why Omni forces (Omni-Pol) had to be there too ? (meaning is no more a neutral city...since they will prolly attack clanners on sight,and they moved saved clanners chars to a "safe" location).

Protest!

Return our neutral and peaceful city please!

Protest!
    DavidChiou 220/26 Neutral Doctor

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self. ~ Albert Einstein

Unicorns have been moved into the outer areas of Borealis ((the dish, I think they're talking about.)) I wonder if they have orders to be aggressive to Clanners.

Soon, the UC will be providing security to Borealis. Why do you think the gas was recently changed? *stirs the pot*
    Last edited by Astera; May 30th, 2006 at 14:29:15.

Post This is unheard of..

This is unheard of..

First our quiet peaceful town turns into a streetbrawl for shootouts and weapon squabbles between Omni's and Clanners, Clanners and Clanners and Omni's and Omni's, and more than occasionally with Neutral losses in between the fights. And now we are beeing occupied? By Unicorn forces? To "protect" us? From aliens? Ha! To watch over our back if we aren't a little too close buddies with the Clans.

Borealis used to be a city where everybody was welcome.

It turned into a city where everybody was welcome for a fight.

And now we are beeing opressed, and many Neutral people seperated from their Clan friends? Why did our city have to be ruined? This will not stand. I would have preferred to stay in the shadow always as do many of my organisation, not caring for the Rubi-Ka squabbles, roaming the Shadowlands with my own thoughts and interests. But these acts will not stand.

Perhaps it is time for a change. Perhaps the Neutrals should.. leave this pacifistic heir for a while. Perhaps it is time that we became less neutral, and more unsided.

We stand and look, eye to eye, as our very faction refuses to get acknowledged.

We do nothing as Clanners claim us to be "Mini Omni's", or "Cooperatives without tokenboards".

We do nothing when Omni's claim us paled Clammers or unsided rebels.

We sweep through the Shadowlands clearing tasks no Clanner or Omni would find worthy because they are too busy with their 'conflict', and we gain no reward. They get the best equipment, the best gear and the best support as they have their factions stand behind them, both on Rubi-Ka and in the Shadowlands. And we get nothing.

And still we are Neutral.

Still.. we ponder what rewards our effort aiding the Guardiands of the Shadow may give. We are Neutral because we choose to be, because we are not lured by the big cash and quick money of the cooperations, or the calls of freedom and rebellion. We just wish our peace and dignity. It would be a pity if we would have to claim it through bloodshed. Because whatever the odds, whatever the minor chance, this is not the last of it.

"A clean suit and a smile will get you anywhere". I bloody sure hope so.

This is not the last of it.

Aldornaq

dont take Bor from us

in my opinion Borealis should been 100% gas, also in the shops. The continous fights between Omni and Clans should not been allowed in neutral territory.

If the story line need omni to claim Bor to be an Omni city, please remove the Jobe whompa to newland, so that neutrals can enter shadowlands without running through a pvp arena.

This is a sad day in the history of Rubi ka

Exclamation Protest!

borelies is a neutral city once
    we have omni and clan friends all live in peace

those who start to game new came island to borelies a peacefull city
    now they come to a city full of dead

neutrals must walk in a graveyard to go jobe

and now omni come and make our clan friends move from borelies

me want to borelies will be in peace again

STOP THIS MADNESS
    Leetdoctor (220-RK2)

on last Alien Raid OT employes defend Borealis. No one clanner!

Omni-Tek protects! Clan it's anarchy!
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

OT FTW!!!

Mwuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

$
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

After a failed and resisted attempt to horde in on Newland, OT has finally grown a pair and claimed Borealis for their own.

Slowly, over a period of months, they have been moving into Borealis, subverting the culture of peace with bloodshed, of innocence with corporate lust for money and power, and now they move to militarize the city under their banner.

This will destroy the culture of this city, and crush what opportunity it once held. Borealis will become barren and still, much like Newland of the past. Where will the huddled masses retreat to when the dust settles from this infringment of peace?
    Last edited by Trussel; May 30th, 2006 at 15:09:47.

That Omni-Tek moves into Borealis, supposedly to 'protect' the neutral citizens of Borealis clearly indicates what has been clear to us clanners for a long time: Omni-Tek seek to put all of Rubi-Ka under their command. To the neutrals, all I can say is that you must fight for your right to freedom. And so it begins..
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

Its newland all over again...

I see this as an unprovoked attack on the free world

im an neut by heart! but this omni provocation leads me to urge for neut leaders to coop with clan leaders, to handle with this ev0l act from the omnis.

In order to keep our neutrality we have to pick up our weapons and fight for our right to be neutral!

/me petition omni tech for harrasment. bye this patch Omni tech have ninjalooted the peacefull city of Borealis. please help to deal with this ev0l ganker!

I remind you that Borealis is not 'neutral' territory. All land on Rubi-ka is currently owned by Omni-Tek as per the conditions of our lease upon the planet. We have not taken 'your' land, for the simple reason you didn't have it in the first place.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    Was the recent failure of the suppression generators in Borealis deliberate, to allow Omni to sieze the facility with minimum resistance from the city?
    You must be a newer resident to Borealis. Back in the day when I could often be found in Borealis, suppression gas was at a nice comfortable 75% level in the city. Occasional tower war overspill and the odd chair battle or pillow fight in the streets was the norm.

Some time ago the gas generators in Borealis went into overdrive, a most unfortunate occurrence, but by no means a dangerous problem. Still, it's a problem I'm happy to see corrected.

OOC: When Notum wars was released, it was intended for a tower war flagged person to have only a few safe areas: Their own apartment, the grid, and ACG mission. Borealis was never on the list, and flagged PvP in Borealis worked fine when Notum Wars was released. I witnessed the occasional PvP battle, and a few silly chair and pillow fights myself. I'm very happy that things are back to how they should be in Borealis. Except for the Unicorns...I'd rather see more powerful neutral guards myself.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; May 30th, 2006 at 16:49:25.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Unicorns have no business in Borealis. Is this just a move to force neutrals to go clan?

Weron.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    All land on Rubi-ka is currently owned by Omni-Tek...
    I believe the word you are looking for here is not owned it's occupied. And not all of it, at that.

Omni-Tek employees (because that's all you are at the end of the day) are welcome to take a short, sharp tour of any of the beautiful Clan cities around Rubi-Ka any time they need reminding, or even if they just need some sunlight and clean air.

Neutrals can probably be expected to take this the way they take everything else - laying down. Or maybe they will do more than talk this time, who knows...

Are you still neutral if you take your own side?
    Last edited by Bullvine; May 30th, 2006 at 17:08:46.

Bullvine 205 (11) Meta-Physicist
    Fantastical 180 (8) Enforcer
    Medicool 139 (12) Doctor

Proud Member of Rubi-Ka Bounty Hunters - Join us!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast