Thread: Expansions vs Fixing bugs first

Angry Expansions vs Fixing bugs first

why o why.
    do FC release expansions for AO, when we all know that AO is so bugged it can be unplayable (just ask pet owners, pet pathing).
    answering my own question, its probably the beancounters at AO that are saying to release expansions, more money coming in makes FC look good. at the current rate of new bugs, usually with every patch people will not play a faulty product they will choose to spend there money on something that works.
    I would have thought it would make sense to at least get AO working properly, otherwise they will be just adding more bugs with the expansions.
    it just seems to me that FC are ignoring the first rule of company economics KEEP THE CUSTOMERS HAPPY!!! otherwise u find yourself without customers. no customers = no income!!! then what will the beancounters do? (probably release another expansion)
    i know this seems a negative rant, i`m not a programmer i`m just a game player,so i can`t really help on the programming side. funnily enough i like games to work. Ok a lot of games have bugs that usually get fixed within 2 or 3 patches but not AO!!!
    on a personal note i find my self playing less and less its just so frustrating, finding new and wonderfull bugs to try the patience of a saint every patch client and server!!!

Cool grumpy

Hey, it's not just me then...
    how long do they think we'll percevere? I'm at the end of my tether... looking for new horizons as i speak... AO is dying sad but true. thx FC for wasting several months of my life.
    hey, flame all you want i love trolls

how many times do funcom have to say it ?

They have 2 development teams. 1 working on Patch content and 1 working on shadowlands/booster pack.

stop the whine fest.

Solo--

Wink Re: grumpy

Originally posted by Doughnutty
    Hey, it's not just me then...
    how long do they think we'll percevere? I'm at the end of my tether... looking for new horizons as i speak... AO is dying sad but true. thx FC for wasting several months of my life.
    hey, flame all you want i love trolls
    No troll worth his name would troll such a noble statement of truth. If you want flames you better turn to the fanboys.
    They will flame anything that doesn´t say AO and FC is the best since the wheel was invented.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

you could flame me, I havent had a good flame against me since Zero called me arrogent just after the 14.2 patch. My posts just get ignored

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Wink

Could not do that when you are so nice.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Originally posted by Spook
    Could not do that when you are so nice.
    owwww, how sweet

*hugs spook*

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

OK solosan so FC say they have 2 dev` teams, patch and shadowlands.
    well guess what at least one of the teams ain`t working, just like AO.
    p.s. feel free to flame, an old earth saying works for me.
    water off a ducks back.

We dont have a patch and this makes you think thier not working on it?

Edit: We got some of are patch notes!
    Last edited by Myers; Aug 16th, 2002 at 16:34:12.

It's simple

There are so many new games going to be released.....

If Funcom isn't going to fix all the problems / bugs BEFORE they release any expansion (who cares what they call it....it's all about $), just quit it. What's the point to keep paying something which is NOT going to be playable?
    (Hey it's BUGS on top of the bunches of original BUGS.....what do you call it.....umm...super bug?)

I have prepared to cancel my account once it's released. Have you?

Funcom is ruined........ I will go back to Blizzard..... I am looking forward to WoW...or AC2(if they have a demo/trial)

Stupid marketting / OE

Do people ignore the bug fixes? People act like nothing has been fixed when so much has

Originally posted by Myers
    Do people ignore the bug fixes? People act like nothing has been fixed when so much has
    The problem isnt that so much hasnt been fixed, sure lots of things have been fixed. But not the huge memory leak, or maybe you havent heard about anyone complaining about lag, lots of item bugs, guns that use melee init and get parried. Again they have fixed lots of things and I am sure lots of people are happy about that. But they have simple data base bugs that can be fixed in 5secs, and they choose not to? Yet they still have huge bugs such as memory leaks? Mis-mangement of data causing lag? Servers that can't handle loads and crash?

Honestly if they can't fix things that have been around for a year, how do we know they can handle bringing in a expansion, that is going to introduce new bugs and problems. Well all I can say for myself is, Bugs have been fixed, I thank you for that, but lets finish the list of bugs before we move on, ok?