Thread: Freelance: Clan Retaliation to Omni Covert Ops

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Clan Retaliation to Omni Covert Ops

Clan Retaliation to Omni Covert Ops
    May 26, 29480 - Miranda 'Whtrose' Ariel [Atlantean]

IRRK - In a recent report it was mentioned that the Aethyr Knights are under boycott from Omni-Tek, but in recent days it has even been stepped up to such a degree that the Omni-Tek's Board of Directors wishes to have Lady Xaun Miyamoto arrested on suspected intent to commit acts of terrorism.

The Aethyr Knights have become outraged at this, as they have only ever targeted military installations. They do not deny attacking Omni-Tek, but say that what they fight is a clear-cut war, and that they are not using terrorist tactics at all. A citizen of Rubi-Ka, who wished to remain nameless, provided the Knights with information regarding a covert operations assignment that Omni-Pol received from a high-ranking Omni-Tek official. The Knights have responded to this with a cease and desist order against Omni-Pol and any other Omni-Tek department engaging in espionage against ICC regulations.

In demonstration of their declaration the Knights destroyed a field that had been in control of Omni-Pol for over a year, and later went to an Omni-Pol meeting to inform them that if they wished to investigate the Knights they could do such honorably instead of trying to place spies within their ranks, or conduct other covert espionage assignments.

So first they use information given to them by an informant, and then they cry over the possibilitys of spies being planted in their ranks? Hmmm. I vaguely remember my mother having a saying for things like this. Something about pots calling kettles black.

You go to war, you expect and deal with spooks, informants and disinformation. You expect anything else, you are just playing at being a soldier.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

*turns on his comm, cycles through the daily news, scans through the article, and snickers*
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

Actually Xhairs we were not given information by an informant.. an informant implies that one either A) Works for or is hired by us B) Is being paid C) was planted by us prior to this.

All of those assumptions are infact incorrect. I was minding my own business sitting in the cup one day when I recieved news from the street.. a concerned citizen for my safety.. no mention of credits or other favors ever came up.. they "felt they were doing their duty to inform me" now.. I cannot speak for how lax Omni-Pols security is or why someone not affiliated would know this.. but they did and I might point out to you.. while I may not participate in such underhanded events.. I am not stupid enough to ignore a warning that could potentially lead to a series of events I do not wish to happen. At which time I made my intentions perfectly clear with a head on assault against Omni-Pol at their own base. Followed by Crashing a meeting of theirs in Omni-Ent.. We walked in the front door and did not enter guns blazing either.. at one point weapons were fired.. however it was Omni-Pol who fired first on us. So this is as much a case of calling the bettle kack as it is within ICC regulations to perform operations that Omni-Pol under direction of the task master Bahirae attempted. I am motioning for a formal inquisition from ICC into the matter regarding this blantant illegal operation by Omni-Pol.

Terrorist: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

There is nothing in that definition or any other I have heard that excludes the Knights.

Although I have no sympathy for the Knights (spying has been a part of war since war was first invented), what Omni-Pol did was clearly a violation of ICC rules. I hope to see the matter resolved soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo
    Terrorist: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

There is nothing in that definition or any other I have heard that excludes the Knights.
    I would be interested in what dictionary you found that definition. Here are some that I found... Albiate some of them make refrences to old earth laws.

Definitions of Terrorist on the Web:

* One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives, while disguised as a civilian non-combatant. The use of a civilian disguise while on operations exempts the perpetrator from protection under the Geneva Conventions, and consequently if captured they are liable for prosecution as common criminals.
    www.aeroflight.co.uk/definitions.htm

* Use should be restricted specifically to references to people and nongovernmental organizations planning and executing acts of violence against civilian or noncombatant targets.
    http://www.careerjournaleurope.com/c.../glossary.html

* a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Terrorism is a controversial and subjective term with multiple definitions. One definition means a violent action targetting civilians exclusively. Another definition is the use or threatened use of violence for the purpose of creating fear in order to achieve a political, economic, religious, or ideological goal. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist

I've taken the liberty to highlight parts of each definnition that I found that excludes the Knights from being defined as Terrorist.

The gridsite was Dictionary.com, one which I find reputable, as it contains a number of definitions from major and highly-trusted dictionaries.

I remember learning something about terrorism on ancient Earth. It was about how in somewhere called Eyerack (I think that was the name) there were insurgents who, although they were clearly attacking military targets and were in no way disguised, were considered terrorists. I liken them to the Dust Brigade, along with most of the Clan rebels.

(( ))

As the Administrative Representative and acting Press Secretary for the Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka Department Affiliate Program (colloquially known as the “Board of Directors”) I am officially addressing these allegations, although it is hardly even worth my time.

The Aethyr Knights are classified as a militant rebel organization. Regardless of whether or not they have committed terrorist acts, they are not currently being investigated as a terrorist organization. This is because they are already being dealt with by Omni-AF and Omni-Pol as a rebel faction. There is absolutely no doubt that they are to be considered criminals.

Furthermore, there is no special interdepartmental operation being executed against the Aethyr Knights by the department directors. There are no special warrants for Lady Xaun Miyamoto beyond the charges leveled at her for her activities as a rebel leader (which are considerable nonetheless).

Omni-Tek has not violated any ICC regulations in regard to this event. The accusation against Omni-Tek is not only false, but it would not constitute a violation even if it were true. Omni-Tek has full legal right of colonial government over Rubi-Ka as per the ICC Lease Agreement; this naturally gives us the right to defend that government against those who would try to overthrow it through military might or coercion.

In addition to this, remember that the ICC’s peacekeeping operations on this planet have one goal: to prevent an outbreak of full, open warfare that could endanger the steady export of notum from Rubi-Ka. Given that the Aethyr Knights have launched a deadly and provocative assault against Omni-Tek law enforcement over nothing more than a rumor, they will not get much sympathy from the ICC.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

-breaks out into a stark laughter and replays Omni's own internal data-feed recorded live from the Board of Directors Meeting to which Jacob is lying about-

Bahirae: Xaun Miyamoto. Or Lady Miyamoto as she calls herself.

Bahirae: I'm convinced that Eleanor Kiamarli, this new clan anti-terrorist advisor is

working closer with her than first let on.

Fyrayani: And you want evidence of this?

Bahirae: As a result, I want an investigation into Ms Miyamoto, her activities, what

she does. Eviden-.....yes.)

Bahirae: Hopefully, we can arrest her under the belief of intending to incite

terrorism.

Bahirae: Or terrorist acts at least.

Bahirae: Any questions ladies?

Fyrayani: Is the investigation to be covert?

Bahirae: No doubt Eleanor, if she suspects such an investigation will work to take your

men out.

Bahirae: and as far as I'm aware of the history of your people, you've already lost one

person to permadeath while investigating DeAnjou. I don't want a repeat.

Bahirae: I will speak to you and your people after the meeting about this assignment,

I'd like to keep this one off the record since the ICC will be none to pleased to hear

of covert espionage as an official assignment

-sits laughing to herself waiting to hear more lies come from the most corrupt organization on RK's spokesperson and head propogandist-
    Last edited by Xaun; May 29th, 2006 at 06:50:50.

Well, that is amusing considering that the "live recording" you provided is not from an Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting. Omni-Tek has evidence to confirm this should the need arise.

I still cannot see any grounds on which you could file a legitimate complaint to the ICC. If the log you provided is not an outright fabrication, then it would seem that Omni-Pol is using covert action to avoid unnecessary bereaucracy, not because of an actual violation of ICC regulations. If you have any specific charges you wish to level against Omni-Tek, I would like to hear them.

Finally, I will restate that the department directors have not ordered any kind of special investigation into either the Aethyr Knights or Xaun Miyamoto. This may very well change in the near future; openly assaulting law enforcement officers will not be tolerated.

Commissioner, RKDC

-snickers- Jacob your attempts at coverups are getting weaker by the day.. Perhaps you should get a press secretary to help. Seems you could use it.

I have nothing to cover up. I have stated the position of the Omni-Tek Affiliate Program, as that is my duty. I do not care what you opinion of our position is, nor do I care to debate it. If you are going to register a complaint with the ICC, I can't stop you from doing so, but you will be wasting both your time and mine.

Personally, I think you are bluffing about the complaint. You are a skilled guerrilla leader but a very poor political one. I seriously doubt you will subject yourself to the necessary politics and paperwork that are required when you have no real respect for laws of the ICC or Omni-Tek.

Commissioner, RKDC

-Chuckles to herself as she recieves her comms from ICC acknowleging the complaint has successfully been filed-

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek has full legal right of colonial government over Rubi-Ka as per the ICC Lease Agreement; this naturally gives us the right to defend that government against those who would try to overthrow it through military might or coercion.
    How dose this justify Omni-Teks seisure of Borealis, it was a neutral city that was doing its best to remain apart from the Omni/Clan conflict and yet there are now Omni-Tek troops occuping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    In addition to this, remember that the ICC’s peacekeeping operations on this planet have one goal: to prevent an outbreak of full, open warfare that could endanger the steady export of notum from Rubi-Ka. Given that the Aethyr Knights have launched a deadly and provocative assault against Omni-Tek law enforcement over nothing more than a rumor, they will not get much sympathy from the ICC.
    Given that this comes after a similer deadly and provocative assult against Clan and Neutral territories I would suggest not using this as a primary point in verbal assults against us or as a rally cry against the clans. Untill only a few months ago the Clans held the majority of privatly owned mining operations, now after a long assult you in Omni tek have leveled multipule feilds and taken them for your own uses. Also, while I have not confirmed it, I have heard of several reports of Omni-Pol assults on privatly owned clan and neutral mining instalations.

And as to your comment about us being guerrilla fighters, that is in error, we have made no effort in cloaking our locations as a whole, many know where we are located which is something a guerrilla outfit would not allow.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com