Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why My Robot Is My Friend! Contest! 29480!!

Why My Robot Is My Friend! Contest! 29480!!

ANNOUNCING R.U.R.’s 29480(2006) :

WHY MY ROBOT IS MY FRIEND! CONTEST!

Do you have a loyal Robot that follows you everywhere you go?

Do you have a loyal Robot that does the hard tasks that confront your daily lives?

Does your ROBOT help in so many ways that when the day comes to an end you feel just as good as you did when you woke up?

If you answered yes to any or all of those questions enter into RUR’s “WHY MY ROBOT IS MY FRIEND!” contest.

You can win prizes, prizes PRIZES! You can show off your robot’s talents and make everyone envious of it. You can walk around in pride knowing your robot is your friend and everyone will know too!

Contest Rules:
    Send a image of you and your robot too: R.U.R. Contest Entry along with a small caption of why your robot is your friend.

Please make all captions separate from the image. The caption must start with "MY ROBOT IS MY FRIEND BECAUSE..."

You must own (to read you need to be of the profession class that can cast and create robots) your robot in order to enter this contest.*

You can only enter your robot once. Both you and your robot’s name must be displayed in the image for identification purposes.

Each image and caption will be judged by RUR management and advertising department.

Upon entering and sending in the image of you and your robot you forfit the ownership of said image and caption to RUR for any future use RUR sees fit to use it in.

Contest will run for two weeks starting June 1st and will run till June 14th. A one week time will follow to allow the judges to look over contest entries and pick the “MY ROBOT IS MY FRIEND” winner. At the end of the weeks time RUR along with Entertainment will hold their second “MY ROBOT IS MY FRIEND” party at Baboons where the contest winner will be announced.

Contest prizes will be in the MILLIONS of CREDITS.

*small print* R.U.R. members and their affiliates(alts) are allowed to enter the contest but may be garnished the prizes instead of recieving them
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

* Bump for marketing! *
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Don't let recent event get you down. You still have your friends, your robots!

Dabblez

^^

*re-applies the sticky note*

Last day for enteries!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    awaits who I am.

But what if we don't have a bot?

I feel so left out

*sigh*
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    But what if we don't have a bot?

I feel so left out

*sigh*

And so you should! Everyone without a robot should feel left out. So why not buy a brand new robot from RUR today? Check out http://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/ for our full range of robots.

But I ordered two of your Leetbot.. I just have not recieved them yet..

I wanna loVE MY BOT!!!

*pouts*
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Sorry about the delays. The "Free Borealis" leetbot is proving to be very popular. Fancy that, a robot range that is actually making RUR money for once.

Dabblez

Where can we see the images that won (and maybe that of all other participants) ? Will you publish them on R.U.R.s website?
    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

Yes the Winners will be posted.

Unfortunatly, I had them pasted up in the workshop so the judges could get a better look at them and one of our COSbots while testing kind of mistook a few of them. So I am having to tape some back together before the judging can be finished.

But not to worry! By the time our Annual Shareholder's meeting takes place the winners will be announced and posted!

Beyond your perfection,
    awaits who I am.

I protest!

Just because i can only CODE a robot ( being a fixer) doesn't mean my "currently in the works" mail delivery deamon cannot be my friend.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Unfortunatly Juju, your complaint will be ignored because you protested after the dead line. Now, if you would have mentioned it during the contest, the contest holders could have looked at the current rules and possibly made an exception. Or you could have submited and saw what happened and protested afterwards.

Sorry

Beyond your perfection,
    awaits who I am.

Aww shucks.
    I guess i'll have to deal with this crushing, fixer-unfriendly defeat...

*/shake*
    --
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    --

Juju, we could always have our own Fixer contest. A "Why my <some program> is my friend"..

Lets show those Engineers that hardware isn't the most important factor, software is! *giggles*
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

A Fixer contest on the line of "What I wear under my Gridarmour" would be... revealing.

Yeah but non smurfs would have a hard time participating...
    --
    --

--

Yeah, like me. I don't have grid armor.. *giggles*
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Non-smurfy fixers would have to do "What I *would* wear under my grid armor, *if* I had it" contest.

The only appropriate prize for such a contest, of course, would be a grid armor nanocrystal.

Oh, and Juju's mail-forwarder IS intensely cool. I've already received rude messages messages through it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarondal
    Oh, and Juju's mail-forwarder IS intensely cool. I've already received rude messages messages through it!
    The management disalows any knowledge of anything happening, because it IS completely anonymous. And still considered to be extremely alpha.
    --
    --

--

Quote Originally Posted by Tarondal
    Non-smurfy fixers would have to do "What I *would* wear under my grid armor, *if* I had it" contest.
    Call me old fasioned, but I got used to just going commando...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast