Thread: Do you think a race on Rubi Ka is feasible?

Do you think a race on Rubi Ka is feasible?

I don't mean naked races or races involving Yalms... but a race involving ground vehicles instead. If I had a couple hundred million creds, I'd probably hold such a race in Neutral territory. I'd have to hire people to watch the grid access terminals and whompas to make sure no one tries to cheat, and hire other guys to watch the skies over the race in their yalms to make sure none of the racers switch to yalms midway through. And while I'd love to hold a race in a chaos territory (PvP), I'm sure that news of the race would reach both Omni and Clan PvPers, who would then lie in wait along the track to slaughter all of the contestants...
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Re: Do you think a race on Rubi Ka is feasible?

Originally posted by Wabbitech
    And while I'd love to hold a race in a chaos territory (PvP), I'm sure that news of the race would reach both Omni and Clan PvPers, who would then lie in wait along the track to slaughter all of the contestants...
    Ooh that would seem so much fun... and the racers could like battle it out amongst themselves as well A bit like a stock car race where the first one to reach the finish alive would win...

On a serious note I can see two problems w your idea though. First it will be very hard to check every participant for not taking shortcuts aso. Secondly not a lot of pple use ground vehicles, as their usefullness is somewhat debatable.
    Last edited by Hayake; Aug 15th, 2002 at 09:32:56.

I suspect preventing cheating in any form is going to be nearly impossible in races.

So the best alternatives are,

1/ lvl 1 alt race. You can twink the alt as much as you like - just so long as its lvl 1.

2/ Anything goes race from Camelot to Galway. But with a number of waypoints en-route that nobody knows of in advance. At each waypoint racers must alert the race official and get a spotted %t in vicinity chat. All participants must be teamed into groups with other racers at all times to prevent beacon warps - oh and no fixers

Our guild has done walks on several occasions from one corner of map to other.

Just make everyone run it.

Originally posted by Biocide
    Our guild has done walks on several occasions from one corner of map to other.

Just make everyone run it.
    heehee sounds like fun, definately adds a bit of difference to the day to day life in AO.