Thread: Press-release: Omni-Mining [IC] announces further lay-offs

Press-release: Omni-Mining [IC] announces further lay-offs

Director Krumova of Omni-Mining [IC] has today announced certain large-scale changes in the structure of Omni-Mining, which means that a host of underperforming employees are moved to positions more suitable for their talents within Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka. Certain minor research projects are also postponed for now and several others terminated as well. According to Director Krumova, Omni-Mining will now concentrate on its core competence: mining and exporting of notum.

"It's unfortunate how some people always try to exploit their position and goodwill of the corporation, trying to get paid without doing anything for the family. Omni-Mining and Omni-Tek won't and can't allow such indolence. Some employees hadn't attended work in over a year, and were naturally cut out without redundancy pay" Director Krumova said in an unofficial interview. He also made clear that the records will be kept under tight scrutiny from now on; something the previous management had apparently somewhat neglected.

Director Krumova started the organizational restructuring from the highest echelons of Omni-Mining very soon after his appointment, filing transfers for ranking executives, before proceeding for lower levels of the organization. The changes within have been met with enthusiasm with the remaining employees.

Even with the lay-offs, it's likely that Omni-Mining [IC] will have open positions in the near future, both for the now transfered employees and newcomers.

Kashta Nagala
    Secretary of Director
    Omni-Mining [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kashta
    underperforming employees are moved to positions more suitable for their talents within Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka.
    Hmm, why is it that comment immediatly makes me think that Pol or those Omni staff sent to the ICC has just had a huge staff increase?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kashta
    According to Director Krumova, Omni-Mining will now concentrate on its core competence: mining and exporting of notum.
    TO: Director Krumova
    % Kashta Nagala
    Secretary of Director
    Omni-Mining [IC]

Director,
    My name is Caviler Cynotor.. Today I am speaking for myself, as a concerned citizen of Rubi-Ka, when I ask you to listen to the words of my Mage Friends and stop the mining. The overmining that you and other miners continue to run on this planet will one day run out.. On that day not only does the planet die but hundereds of thousands of Mages and Troxian.

Will you be the monster who's name will be cursed through out the universe along with the former leaders? Or will you stand up and make a change and be harald as a great man who saved a planet and it's people?

Why not do this..

1) Take readings of 10-15 different locations around with a team of 6 people, 2 Omni-Tek, 2 Neutral , and 2 Clans.
    2) Shut down Mining for 60 days, taking a reading daily from the sites
    3) Shut down export for the last 30 days of the mine shut down, again take readings
    4) At the end of the 60 day period you could publish the report to the public and settle all arguments at once.

Or maybe you already have reports and know that the notum is going away so your increasing the production to get what you can now before it's all gone?

Please let me know of your decision Via this grid feed..

~Caviler Cynotor
    Citizen of Rubi-Ka
    Last edited by alto; May 24th, 2006 at 23:29:00.
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Mining should continue. If mining is done correctly then all is at a balance. I just don't like having to boost mining efforts because I am below quota because of some stupid terrorist attack.

At least we made the Atrox correct, they can’t procreate. Just wish we had done the same with others… of course excluding Opi’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeylla
    Mining should continue. If mining is done correctly then all is at a balance. I just don't like having to boost mining efforts because I am below quota because of some stupid terrorist attack.

At least we made the Atrox correct, they can’t procreate. Just wish we had done the same with others… of course excluding Opi’s.
    Over 2 Million Times Said:
    Where is your proof?

.. Ok now that is done..

What is the harm of proving me wrong? You have a stockpile of notum.. it's not like you will loose any money.. Besides IF I am wrong then you profit from a "galaxy shortage" and would profit any costs back five times over..

Ok that is low.. Have you had thoughts of finding mister right Ms. Aeylla? Maybe settling down with you pockets fat with credits you got from dying Mages and Troxianworking your mines.. And you want to have a family but you cannot.. Some freak of nature causes you to be unable.. How would you feel then?

And If you haven't thought on that just imagine this.. Your best and closest freind in the whole galaxy wants to have a child and again fate strikes and she is found barren..

Think it's so funny now?

I swear people like you have no soul..

My Question still stands Omni-Mining Director.. Time to choose if you please

~Cynotor

I believe you are wasting your breath, Cynotor. As a company OT can't afford to address the problems of known terrorists by other means than ignoring them or suppressing them. If they stopped to examine the pithy concerns of one man they would be expected to do that for everybody. All evidence points to OT creating the nanomages and Atrox as slave breeds with a planned obsilesece. People to waste, people to abuse.

If you want to save yourself it might be best that you get some notum towers, raze a land control area, and plant your towers. From there you can either mine the notum for a 'rainy day' or turn off the drills and use the towers to keep that spot from ever being mined again.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Omni-Mining doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

Keanne
    Chief of Security
    Omni-Mining [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne
    Omni-Mining doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

Keanne
    Chief of Security
    Omni-Mining [IC]
    People of Rubi-Ka,
    You should now be able to see what Omni-Mining thinks of this planet.

I approached with not hateful words, nor threats and was turned away.. Branded a terrorist because I am concerned about the planet that we all live on and call home.

Director Krumova I am very disapointed in you and your company. You could have entered into civil talks about the issue at hand. For the good of the plant you also call home..

Citizens of Rubi-Ka I hearby formaly call Director Krumova out. I hold him accountable for premeditated murder of over one thousand mage and troxian residents of Rubi-Ka.

I will be asking the citizens of Rubi-Ka to stand up against Omni-Mining and the death they cause. I will, in the spirit of fairness request Director Krumova to be arrested and face a trial.

IF he doesn't come foward to face these charges..

Well you force me into action..

I will hunt you myself and drag you from your office in chains..

The choice is yours sir..

Omni-Pol:
    This is not a threat.. It's a promise

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    People of Rubi-Ka,
    You should now be able to see what Omni-Mining thinks of this planet.

I approached with not hateful words, nor threats and was turned away.. Branded a terrorist because I am concerned about the planet that we all live on and call home.
    Try as you might, but no one will fall for that. You weren't labeled a terrorist because of your concern, but because you are well-known member of a terrorist organization The Nanomage Liberation Front.

Director Krumova I am very disapointed in you and your company. You could have entered into civil talks about the issue at hand.
    You've been "disappointed" with Omni-Mining for a very long time. Omni-Mining has previously tried to communicate in civilized manner, but there's been no interest in talking before from the NLF's side, so there's really no reason to believe anything has changed. Especially considering the threaths and past actions of you and your fellow terrorists.

Citizens of Rubi-Ka I hearby formaly call Director Krumova out. I hold him accountable for premeditated murder of over one thousand mage and troxian residents of Rubi-Ka.
    Neither you nor the NLF hold any kind of authority.

I will hunt you myself and drag you from your office in chains..

The choice is yours sir..

Omni-Pol:
    This is not a threat.. It's a promise
    It is a threat, but nothing the NLF and other terrorist groups haven't already spewed from their mouths ages ago.

Keanne
    Chief of Security
    Omni-Mining [IC]

Keanne
    Chief of Security
    Omni-Mining [IC]

Let me address this back to you since you seem to be the mouth of your Department..

Try as you might, but no one will fall for that. You weren't labeled a terrorist because of your concern, but because you are well-known member of a terrorist organization The Nanomage Liberation Front.
    What I did here was on my own as stated in my letter to your Director. Who I am working for is in no way a part of this conversation..

I suggest getting glasses

You've been "disappointed" with Omni-Mining for a very long time. Omni-Mining has previously tried to communicate in civilized manner, but there's been no interest in talking before from the NLF's side, so there's really no reason to believe anything has changed. Especially considering the threaths and past actions of you and your fellow terrorists.
    Yes I, please notice I and not the NLF, have been and still am disappointed. I have asked many times for the research to be done so it's hard to believe that you have tried to communicate with me. And your correct that I have destroyed mines and buildings, all because you wouldn't listen to words.. Got your attention with the bomb didn't I?

Neither you nor the NLF hold any kind of authority.
    Again, please kindly leave the NLF out of this.. This is between ME and your Department.. Well really it's all of the citizens that care out Rubi-Ka and your department but I will let them speak for themselfs. As far as authority, I might not have it but I will find it and use it in anyway possible to bring the Director to justice.

It is a threat, but nothing the NLF and other terrorist groups haven't already spewed from their mouths ages ago.
    Oh I have not even started in with threats. As far as "the NLF and other terrorist groups" you shouldn't worry about them as much as you better start worrying about me. How was that for a threat?

~Caviler Cynotor
    Concerned Citizen of Rubi-Ka

hmm just for the record,

The NLF wasnt aware of this message send towards omni-mining, this is an action taken by citizen cavalier Cynotor himself.

but i cant say i disagree with his proposals, only with the 60 days stopping with mining...

Keanne...

The NLF have never wanted to talk and you've tried to communicate peacefully with us???
    Have you really suppressed the past to favor your position that much?

Try to see if you can find any communication from me or Aazamon and many other of our family in the archives and you will see that my predecessors tried to communicate peacefully first, THEN resort to violence.
    And in more recent times I have tried to communicate peacefully in a Diplomatic way, but EVERY time you've just brushed us off as terrorists and decided that all we say are lies without even considering to check if any of our provided facts was actually genuine!

We started using force after we saw that NONE of our pleading was even taken into considering, but rather laughed or scoffed at.
    If you listened to us and moderated your mining in the first place we would never be in the situation we're in now!
    But instead of listening to us you INCREASED your mining!
    Is it any wonder we started using force instead?

The truth of this matter is that you are so concerned with your own greed that you will do ANYTHING in your power to make sure you will keep your profits.
    Even if it means genocide of an entire breed...

~Zoe "Sorceress" Zanter
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

So Ms. Keanne..

Got nothing to say?

Oh wait let me guess..

*tries to sound like a tight arsed executive* Omni-Mining doesn't negotiate with terrorists

Did I do it right?

Seriuosly though, I want to say thank you..

No really thank you..

Thanks to you and your company, you have help me show all of Rubi-Ka that Omni-Mining really doesn't care about the people of Rubi-Ka. The only thing you care about is making the wallet fatter no matter how many people die to achive it.

So what happens now?

Well being the concerned citizen that I am.. I will allow you a couple of days to come to your senses and reply.

At that point if you do not wish to enter into public talks about this serious issue I will be forced to react. Again this means finding your Director and bringing him in for justice.

~Caviler Cynotor
    Concerned citizen of Rubi-Ka

*yawns*

Bleh, I feel like having a beer. I'm off.

*flicks the screen off*

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Profit is increasing with increased notum mining. Where is the problem?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Yes Cynotor, Omni Tek has never cared for its own employees as well as anyone else. We are seen as terrorist because we must use force to make them listen. Then they lie and slader us and create false research documents so the rest of Rubi Ka can be kept wondering who is telling the truth. Well all of Rubi Ka, one day you will see that the Nanomages have not lied about Notum running out. It is not endless as those few in power would like you to beleave. So Citizens of Rubi Ka are you going to sit by as a whole breed is wiped from the face of Rubi Ka? Stand united and stop the genocide. Thank you brave Cynotor for standing up for what you beleave is correct. I will gladly stand by your side.

*sighs heavily*

The preliminary results in statistical analysis of possible notum depletion in soil and atmosphere of Rubi-Ka shows* that the notum-levels are not dropping. None of the major mines have run dry and the notum rift is happening exactly as it's supposed to, regenerating the notum in bedrock. Notum is not depleting at Rubi-Ka.

As such, there is NO ongoing genocide of nanomages at Rubi-Ka. There are, however, religious cults that plan all sorts of abominations, but that's beside the point here.

What astonishes me is that you people are continually amazed by the fact that Omni-Mining doesn't wish to repeat itself and the scientific facts, as you will claim it's fabricated lies, and instead decide to believe in your own thesis. And when that doesn't work, you start killing people in the name of saving people.

*It's possible that when the actual report is finished, it, or parts of it, will be released outside Omni-Tek scientific community.

Keanne
    Chief of Security
    Omni-Mining [IC]