Thread: Big thanks to Silirrion!

Big thanks to Silirrion!

Just wanted to extend a huge thanks to Silirrion for explaining just what has been going on with our servers recently. It sucks that some people feel the need to deny others their playtime, but it sucks for Funcom as well, because they do use their cash to maintain these servers, as much as we want to believe otherwise.

So thanks Sil, and Funcom, for listening to our constant complaints and taking them to heart!
    Rookie Scandium: 220/20 Nanomage Doctor on RK1 :: Status: Researching/Farming/Twinking
    ------------
    Experienced Lynaera: 220/20 Solitus Agent on RK1 :: Status: Researching/Farming/Twinking
    ------------
    Apprentice Braceyoself: 137/11 Atrox Enforcer on RK1 :: Status: TL5 twink... someday

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Soi yes, make keeper stone in sword take out sword and accidentaly a whole AMS in your face.

Big thanx indeed. I guess the ingot removale didn't sit well with the farmers. I hope they catch them and release them to the AO comunity.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

I hope they get JAIL!!!
    :-(

Whatever they get is too good for them.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Proud member of the Knights of Ka!

Root! - Drain! - Kill!!

And thanks to Silirrion for an interesting read while beeing kept held out of AO!
    - Faith is in the eye of the beholder -
    Hangfaced, JVC, RK2
    Bargi on other Funcom forums

Yay, thumbs up for some more specific detail on what's up..

A bit late maybe, but I'm glad that we atleast now know what was up
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Thanks for explaining FC, good luck stopping this nuisance.
    *thumbs up*

As Sil was mentioning nothing could be said earlier due to the investigation (that is still on-going). I too am happy that Sil could give you guys more details on whats going on so there is an understanding of what/why/when etc there are problems though
    Forums Coordinator Windam
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Community Relations
    Forums Moderation

~~ Social Guidelines ~~
    ~~ ARK Public Website ~~

can you close this thread please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    The prize draw winners were Highsummoner for the Radeon X800XL graphics card and Bearnextdoor for the Lost Eden beta slot.

so whats the update. All I heard was that there was a problem (hackers or sum crazies) and that they're working on it. Can anyone tell me what happened exactly?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus
    so whats the update. All I heard was that there was a problem (hackers or sum crazies) and that they're working on it. Can anyone tell me what happened exactly?
    he made a post. check the sticky in tech section
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    We will though be implementing as many additional security measures as we can to limit the effectiveness of these attacks against our servers.

It has also come to our attention that various parties may have been attempting to distribute invasive ‘Trojan’ virus files to the online gaming community. We would like to take this opportunity to remind our players to be vigilant against such threats to their home computers.
    EDIT: Here is a little more insight... sorta.
    Last edited by Sefus; Oct 19th, 2005 at 04:53:54.
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by Lynaera
    Just wanted to extend a huge thanks to Silirrion for explaining just what has been going on with our servers recently. It sucks that some people feel the need to deny others their playtime, but it sucks for Funcom as well, because they do use their cash to maintain these servers, as much as we want to believe otherwise.

So thanks Sil, and Funcom, for listening to our constant complaints and taking them to heart!

day after day ....

lyna you are faithful

The last time they mentioned database and problem in the same post it took 16 hours to fix
    Zirreall 220/24/68 MP
    Xirreall 220/11/70 Crat
    Sirreall 220/23/70 Advy
    Merijane 221/29/70 Doctor
    Azriellla 202/0/0 NT

People shallow, self-absorbed
    See the push and shove for their rewards
    I, me, my is on their minds
    You can read about it in their eyes

at least.. am off to bed now.. and i wake up in TEN hour!! sooooooooooooo no more downtime for meeee!!!