Thread: Patch day, and soon an emergency patch??

Unhappy Patch day, and soon an emergency patch??

I was greeted today by the sorry servers are down due to an upgrade, fine i thought, hopefully everything will be fine when it gets up again..... When the servers finally got up again i logged on and went into TIR BY1 to hand out some noob stuff, but only after 4 mins my vicinity chat frooze, and i could not shout or interact in any way except guild chat. Let me guess... another emergency patch, and more downtime again??? Lol, this is tragic, don't you (FC) test out things before you put them out on the live servers???? And let me guess, with the emergency patch more downtime, and what are FC gonna disable this time just to get it working????
    Last edited by Magnuz; Aug 14th, 2002 at 16:57:10.
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Arrow Update

Hmm, just visited , and according to it only RK2 went down.. And this isnt the first time.. I know that RK2 is the smallest of the two dimensions, and still its that server that crashes??, According to the server was down tohttp://ultima.lightning.net/ao/en/history/D2.html for about 10 minutes... Now how is this possible? IS RK2 running on worse hardware, a poor connection, or is being tested for experimental updates? There has been times before that only RK2 has been down... Man, if i had only known in the beginning that there are NO storyline, almost none events, few people, little trade on RK2 when i started there back in Januar 2002. And apperantly lesser quality hardware/technicians or whatever......
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Angry Lag

Oki, so ive tried to play the game afterall now, but there is SO MUCH lag, and not from me (my client), my ping is 170, but the server is lagging insanely... If i press my shortcut key to use a general buff, it takes 3-4 secs before it even reacts....
    Let me guess, memory leak (there was a crash) or something silly... This is unplayable

Please fix this
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Developers/bug fixers

Does the FC bugfixers/developers check these messages?? A reply with, ive read it would be nice. We like to be heard, not just sending messages into a black hole....
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Hmmm, apparently they dont check these posts too much....

Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy