Thread: Please Fix Nano Damage

Unhappy Please Fix Nano Damage

I know this is probably isnt new, but havent seen many threads arguing for changing the way nano damage works lately.

First of all, its obviously broken, nobody can deny that, if they are, then they dont cast dd nano programs often, or at all. If you want to test out my claims, for simplicity, create an NT, and level him/her up 30 or so levels. If you havent noticed any odd quirks in your damage by then try this out: Go back to you newbie backyard and target one of the leets and teach it a lesson or two, with your highest nukes. You will notice 2 things, 1 you will hardly ever hit for maximum damage, and you will hit seemingly randomly on the damage scale of the nanos (easier to see with the nanos that have a wide damage range), tho there is about a 60% chance you will hit on the middle to upper side, but come on here, this is a lvl 1 leet.

Now, I was under the assumption, that a lvl 1 creature would have no chance to resist a lvl 100 nano program dd. Apparently those little leets are stronger than they seem, or there is something blatently wrong with the nano damage code. I also tried this on numerous other low lvl creatures with the same results. Not only low lvl creatuers, I have seen similar results on grays closer to my level.

Green creatures/mobs are annoying as well, my nano damage RARELY ever hits for the higher lvls where i would expect it to, considering im using a QL nano that is 20-50 lvls higher than the
    creature/mob, it should have trouble resisting the nano, but it doesnt, and whats just as funny is that melee mobs are sometimes more resistive than their nano casting brethren, like AC is going into the equation for nano damage and not just nano resist.

Now when it comes to Yellows/Oranges/Reds, i accept the fact my nanos hit for less damage, because they should. A lvl 100 creature should not be able to do max damage on a lvl 150 creature. And there i see the nano code working more towards what i see as acceptable, though there are times when you get a high damage hit, although it is rare.

Though when i pump up with a mochams/infuse/mastery from an MP (love you MPs for that nano) I can use a nano about the level of the mobs im fighting in a team mission, though, the resists on the mob act as if the nano I was using was like one that has requirements 140 ip lower. Now if this the resistivity is based on my character's lvl, I could accept having problems hitting a higher lvl, but i cannot accept problems hitting a lower lvl.

Ok, thats the proof, test it for yourself if you dont believe me. Now for the solution, what can be done to work this out, and soon, because several classes are suffering because of this, especially the NTs (considering all they are is nukes in a bottle, with some other helpful nanos). First I want to know FCs stance on nano damage, if it is functioning as intended then i'll never play an NT again, because it seems gun/melee damage is working well against high lvl creatures (yellow/orange/red), and if nano damage is "working as intended" then there is absolutly no reason why I should play an NT when their dd's are no where near the efficiency of a melee/gun weilding character! And for you out their saying "just a equip a gun silly" why dont you look at their weapon skill list, pistols are their only non dark blue combat skill, and multi-ranged along with range init are dark blue poking the fact that they are not ment to use weapons normaly. Oh sure you can give an NT weapon, but not without wasting usefull IP at the lower lvls. I wont get into the NT issue, thats for their forums.

OK, nano DDs dont work as intended, its OBVIOUS! Denying it makes you look like a fool. Possible solutions of course is reworking the code so that damage against a mob is more heavily treated by lvl of the creature, so a nano cast on a lower lvl creature (gray/green) would hit for high dmg - max damage 100% of the time, while (yellows) it would hit around mid damge 50% of the time while higher damage the other 50%, and (orange/reds) it would hit for low damage 50% of the time while mid damage 30% of the time and high damage 20%. Doing it that way makes SENSE! When i read a nano's possible damage, say it says 800-1400 dmg, I should expect to hit for 1200-1400 dmg on grays/greens, 1000-1200 on yellows, and 800-1000 (possibly lower) on orange/reds. I should not expect to see 800-900 dmg across the board on grays/greens/yellows/oranges/reds, like i currently am.

Of course you say, "what about nano resist", This is what nano resist should be doing, it should be the reason why a red is hit for 800-1000 damage, not subtract from it. Heck if you know how armor works you would know that reducing the damage of a nano by 600 (1400-800=600) points, is like having an AC of 6000 with the possibility to completely negate the nano.

Considering that certain classes *cough* nt *cough* are completly nano based and require the nano system to work properly to even function.

For those of you saying that improving nano code would make NTs and nano casting classes too powerfull, are joking with yourselves. Currently at high lvls, ive seen a MA hit for 1000-3000dmg CONSTANTLY. In the 20 seconds it takes an NT to cast Izgimmers Last Word (4000-9000) a MA has already done at least 20,000-60,000 dmg (2 to 5 times as much damage if code worked correctly, but in reality 5 to 15 times more). Of course, the melee types have the Hitpoints to back that kind of damage up, but how can i even expect to do a mission and get tokens if i can nearly die while attacking greens, becuase my damage output is faulty, and thats with a mochams for higher lvl nanos.

All I want is nano damage to work, and allow nano nukers to be able to do solo missions without haveing to nuke calm nuke calm nuke calm (repeat add nauseum). If FC says, "nano damage is working as intended", well, then they are kidding themselves, and if they dont want to fix the code, they should up the base damage of ALL nano programs at least to fix the nano code inconsistancies. And if nothing is done, I WILL quit my nt and start playing a gun/melee character if im not angry enough to quit the game.

If you agree strongly with me, maybe we can have an Nano Caster walkout for a week to get attention to our problem. All NTs/Engies/MPs/Crats/Docs are welcome to join. Post your intentions on this forum if you would think it would be a good idea.

-Zediker

Ok, I understand how nano's work slightly differently from you..

The nano is either countered, or not countered. The amount of damage the nano does is not dependant on level or anything, its completely dependant on the type of the nano.

If a nano damage is listed as 102 - 414, it does not mean that if you hit something really low level its gonna hit for 414, and if you hit something higher level its gonna hit for 102, it just means the range of the nano can be anything from 102-414.

In my opinion it is better to stick to a nano that has a lower range, for example..

Range 100 - 540
    Range 300- 350

Im going to take the 300-350 version everytime, because the chance of hitting for less is reduced.

Some NT's out in teh fields seem to think its cool to use a nano that can hit for 1024, ya it looks nice when it actually hits for that, but hte low end is like 300. Why not use a faster nano that has a lesser range, your going to do more damage in the long run everytime.

I think the damage of nano's for NT's is spot on. You just have to put some thought into how you want to do things, look at the speeds, the recharge and the range before deciding on your course of action.

General Nandaker - The Grafters - RK2

Re: Please Fix Nano Damage

Originally posted by Zediker

For those of you saying that improving nano code would make NTs and nano casting classes too powerfull, are joking with yourselves. Currently at high lvls, ive seen a MA hit for 1000-3000dmg CONSTANTLY. In the 20 seconds it takes an NT to cast Izgimmers Last Word (4000-9000) a MA has already done at least 20,000-60,000 dmg (2 to 5 times as much damage if code worked correctly, but in reality 5 to 15 times more). Of course, the melee types have the Hitpoints to back that kind of damage up, but how can i even expect to do a mission and get tokens if i can nearly die while attacking greens, becuase my damage output is faulty, and thats with a mochams for higher lvl nanos.
    -Zediker
    lol.

I group almost every day with a high 170's NT, he outdamages everyone else in the group easily (inc a MA) I'd say from observations 150+ NT's can outdamage any other class.
    Starts off combat with an AS of about 1k-10k (carrying a q200 X-3)
    immediately nukes for 2k-2.5k (izzys flame) gets another 2 or 3 1k-ish shots in then a 2nd izzys flame for 2-2.5k and mob is dead.
    In a team of 160+ mobs never last longer than the time it takes to nuke twice, and the damage seems to be guaranteed to 2k+ The certainty of those nukes _every mob_ means he consistantly outdamages everyone through the course of a mission.
    MA _might_ do more over time, but the only long fights nowadays are boss fights and rm/ace enfs, the rest drop within 10 secs or so.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Well,

Nt's use generally nukes wher have high min dmg because the fakt is that when nukes dont get counter, fumbel (whats happend often) you do most just the min dmg (or near by that). those nuke dmg looks fine if you see just the digit as message but count the dmg over time.
    Of course a Nt need to equip since patches a gun not to get bored to see other hitting twice what he would do w/o a gun.

But Zediker I would pefere you togoto the Nt - forum. There are tons of threads like that. Some are helpfully and informative some not (like allways ;P).

@Womble: Nts are scewd in new nukes up to 150+ bec. we dont have any new where are good to use in a team nor PvP (allways the same nuke). And thoose nukes where have high min dmg are most taunter and the last what a nanomage Nt need is an angry Enf Mob ;))

--Tibs
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell