Thread: ICC Orbital Platforms.(story related)

ICC Orbital Platforms.(story related)

"Summer 29479 – The ICC submits proposals to deploy four goliath class weapons platforms in orbit around Rubi-Ka to help provide extra protection against the alien threat. Papers are submitted to both the Omni-Tek and Clan leadership requesting their co-operation."

Both sides are planning to use the ICC Orbital Platforms for the use of mass alien distruction. No one has put up the discusion if it is worth the problems we have at hand. As a spectator in the matter. I believe that all sides will use the platforms for their own personal gain.

My true question's at hand are the following:

Is it really worth giving goliath class weapons, to each side? We could vary well kill , and dystroy any target. Tho being delayed a few years due to construction, and transit, will we all be ready to face ourselves if somthing were to go wrong? What happends if we... Miss our intended target? This and many questions will be asked, and never the less, we will be lied to. Our own leaders... Will not be able to keep the power of the platforms if one side desides to take over, and we need to confront that and build defence posts as far, and wide as we can.

Is ICC giving the power to the people, or to the holders of the contract? We need to face it. We, the people. Who were in the fight to control this planet, are the ones who should be the holders of the key. The power doesnt need to go into the wrong hands, if it does, we may find more deaths to the weapon, than we find what the weapon was maid for...

What about our beloved shadow lands! The plain we worked so hard to exist in. The people who made JOBE what it is today! The people who live, and work with eachother there, may vary well DIE for what they have made great. Will the Shadow Lands, a new frontier be threatend by the masive surge in power that could vary well dystroy Rubi Ki and all its known existince?

I ask the questions in faith. I have faith that the people of Rubi Ki, will come once again to face the masive hord of the Alian Threat that is upon us. If we do not.... All of what we came here, and made great, will all be in vain....

(Do not quote, please. If people can read this first, dont bother.)
    Last edited by ReconShade; May 13th, 2006 at 06:58:14.

I am sure that the platforms will be utilized only against the alien threat. Merely accessing these installations would require that someone infiltrate the power structure of the ICC itself and it would take considerable technical knowledge to hack the software that distinguishes human-built targets from alien ones. Of course, once that had been done, it would take almost as much work to make the platforms begin distinguishing one side from another, and without that work they might indiscriminately target *everything* on the ground with a given signature. What kind of lunatic would want to destroy everyone's shuttles, everyone's buildings... everyone's mining operation?

A ridiculous notion. Don't worry. Everything will go as it should, I'm sure of it.

"Spanners, is this thing on? Guid... Ye best gett yer translation matrix on this tae, itherwise naibdody's gaun tae unnerstaund it."

There are a few salient problems with deploying such orbital weapons, the first of course being that there won't be enough of them. An ideal configuration of orbital weapons such as these would have been a minimum of five - three in a geostationary equatorial orbit to cover as much of Ka as possible, and the other deployed in polar orbit to provide backup where required. Of course, if the plan was to have two each for Omni and Clan, then an odd number would be unbalancing.

As for infiltrating an orbital facility - one would expect that such installations will have enough defences to protect itself from the expected alien attacks. Such defences would be able to target and repel any other unauthorised boarding attempts, either manually or automatically.

There is no answer the question of whether the ICC is giving power to the people, because the question itself has little meaning. The ICC has worked to the limit of it's remit in devolving power of these weapons to Omni and Clan's leaders. I'm sure if you feel yourself unable to follow such a leader for any reason, something can probably be arranged, just don't expect to be handed the keys to a Goliath any time soon. At the moment, the efforts that the people can muster against the alien threat is entirely ground-based. Having something to take the battle into orbit and away from the civilians on the surface can only be a positive step.

"Ye can stop translatin' noo. Dae whit ye need tae dae tae that and get it sent oot, ah've got tae recalibrate this FREDA tae stop it pretendin tae be a cowboy and chasin' leets..."

I have great concerns about the use of these platforms. My fears is that these platforms aren't used against aliens, and were it concern me is that they won't be there when aliens will assault the neutral lands.

I believe that Neutral bodies should have control of a part of the future equipment, what's required to defend our homes. Some orbital platforms, or at least ground heavy artillery and vehicle to answer the growing threats. And yes by "Neutral Bodies" I mean the security department of cities councils.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S