Thread: Payback begins....

Payback begins....

Deagnor turned and looked as Miyuki walked into the RuR labs. "Thanks for coming over, I think it's going to take both of us to get any information out of what I have here." Miyuki gave Deagnor an odd look. "And what is it, exactly, that you have?" Deagnor activated his inventory storage, and 3 cyborg heads dropped onto the lab table. "Some Cyborg generals I ran into won't be needing these anymore. Seeing as it appears they hacked Xerves, I though we'd return the favor." Miyuki poked at one of the heads, taking a closer look at the hardware this one had worn. "And how do you think these will help?" Deagnor sat down with a thoughtful look "We all know the cyborgs have their own network they commucate through. I hope to access their network through the hardware in these heads, or if that doesn't work, download any relevant data to help access their main systems." "This isn't going to be easy" Miyuki muttered. "That's why I asked for your help, Miyuki. I've already contacted The Smokers Lounge and gotten the latest data they have. I just need some help from one of the best hackers on Rubi-Ka. Are you with me on this?" Miyuki started pulling out her tools "Do you really need to ask? Let's see what you've got".........

Several hours later, Deagnor and Miyuki looked over the worktable. The first head had a large hole which had finnaly stopped smoking from where it had shorted out. The other 2 were laying around in various states of disasembly, wires running everywhere. Deagnor hit a few keys on his datapad and watched the optics on one of the heads move around. He asked Miyuki "So, how much longer do you think these access codes will be good for." "No telling, The data from the Smokers Lounge seems to show they last a few days, but no telling how old these codes are." Deagnor looked at the data readout again. "Too bad we weren't able to connect to the cyborg net directly. I've got a few ideas on where to put this information to use tho. I have a few people to see, then I'm heading out tonite. How about you Miyuki?" Miyuki gave a sly smile. "I have a few ideas of my own, locations you might not have access too. I'm going to check those out. Best of luck to you Deagnor." "Thanks Miyuki, I'll try to stay out of your way."

To be continued.....
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Pt 2

... As Commander Jocasta hit the ground, Deagnor was already typing at the terminal beside the body. "Ovee, can you keep our hosts busy while I take care of things here?" "Oh please, just hope I don't get bored of these jokers before you finish" Ovee shot back.

Deagnor quickly conected his deck to the Cyborg system, and pressed a few buttons... "Here goes nothing" he muttered aloud. *blip*bloop* 'Access granted'. "Alright, time to get down to business." Deagnor said, cracking his knuckles. The cyborg barracks here was an ideal place to start searching, obviously one of the 'borg research centers. Deagnor had no idea how long he had before someone tried to shut him out, so he tried to work fast. He grabbed any research data he could find. "Dabbz and the other engies will have a field day with this stuff" Deagnor thought as he transfered files to his deck. But so far, no sign of Xerves' data.

He moved out of the local system, and out into the 'borg's main network. He bypassed several security routines, obvously low-grade stuff. Deagnor dug thru directories and servers, looking for any reference to the missing data. There! Deagnor found a directory named "RuR"! He quickly went into it and inspected the data... no dice, old stuff. The data for the token boards in fact. Deagnor made a copy and then wiped the data, a small victory there he hoped.

*Bwhoop!*

Deagor look at the corner of his deck's screen, his little adventure here was starting to get some attention. He only had a few minutes left, he quickly opened up another link, No luck. Only time for one more, he dug in once again. There! A folder with Xerves' headers in it! Deagnor opened it up. Close but not the data he was looking for.... and while disapointed, an evil smile came over his face when he saw what he had found. Deagnor pulled up a few of his own files, and hit a few keys to put a few things in motion. He saved his logs, figuring Miyuki might find them useful, and then he disconnected from the terminal.

"Ovee, get your rear in here, we're leaving!" Deagnor shouted. Ovee walked in, calmly juggling a few cyborg bits that she tossed into the corner. "Did you find the data?" "No, but I left them a present that should keep them distracted a while.." Deagnor said, as he gridded them out. As Ovee and Deagnor disapeared, all the terminals in the bunker went blank for a moment, and then started showing movies of little, cute brown furry mammals, doing things noone ever really needed to ever see them do....
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008