Thread: For Xerves!

For Xerves!

Willone tiptoed along the corridor as stealthily as possible. His feet were near silent, his various devices muffled, and even the items in his pack arranged so as not to clink or rattle. The effect was rather spoilt by the Wardroid clumping along behind him, muttering to itself as it went.

"Spanners, are ye shair thirs Borgs in here?" Willone whispered to his bot. Spanners sighed wearily, "Indeed. Scans indicate both biological and mechanical elements, most strongly in the room directly west. I would venture there is a Cyborg presence within." Willone flung himself away from the doorway as if it was a live bomb, rolling across the floor and bracing himself against the wall, "Ye could hae warned me! Noo, we need tae be quiet as possible so as no tae disturb them."

If Spanners had more human-like optics, they'd have been rolling as he watched the engineer make his way to the door. Ninja warriors would have cried at his painful progress as he snuck around, rolled, crawled, and eventually made his way to the door. Very gently thumbing the access panel, he sprung back as it hissed open. "Spanners, go get 'em!" he hissed urgently.

Obligingly, Spanners stamped his way into the room as loudly as possible and proceeded to start dismantling the Cyborgs piece by piece. Willone took the opportunity to peer through the doorway, confident that his Bot would be taking the Cyborgs full attention. Frowning, he upped the magnification on his helmet as he studied the cyborg Spanners was currently fighting. "Och, can ye no haud his arm steady for a moment, ah want tae see whit's on his sleeve!" he muttered. A few seconds later, a scream and a wet thud beside him made Willone jump. Scaling back the magnification to see what had caused the noise, Willone was somewhat bemused to see the cyborg's arm laying at his feet, it's fingers arranged in a mocking gesture.

"Thanks Spanners. As usual, ah cannae fault yer efficiency." he muttered, "Mak shair ye hurt this one extra, he's a General" Willone slipped back out of the room and closed the door, waiting in the corridor for his robot to finish. After a few moments, Spanners came back through the door and sighed, "I have terminated the cyborgs, it is quite safe for you to enter now."

Willone opened the door again, "Guid work Spanners, Ah'm shair we'll find somethin' interestin' on these ones. They're too high up no tae ken onythin'" Prodding gingerly at the scattered remains of two or three bodies, he spied the familiar RUR logo. Pulling at the mess, the engineer extracted a somewhat sticky Experimental Token Board.

"Spanners? Ah think we're on the right track... noo, let's git back tae being stealth ninjas!"

(( For someone who's Scottish and lives in Scotland, I shouldn't, but I'm really, really laughing here ))
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

“So? Whats wrong with that? Hand me the nr 13 wrench.”
    Oook picked up the wrench and put it in the hand Eeod reached out.
    Eeod stood bent over an android, seemingly randomly hacking, drilling and bolting away.
    “Every now and then engineers fight too, you know?”
    “Don’t be daft. Docters docter, Fixers fix and Soldiers solder. Engineers don’t’t fight, they create machinery.”
    “So why have you equipped me with a range of attack modes eh?”
    For a moment Eeod stopped working on COSbot and looked at Oook.
    “Management.”
    “Look at Spanners and his boss, They are a lean mean fighting combo.”
    “Here’s how it is. I skipped fighting class to concentrate on trade skills. Therefore I don’t fight as wel or as often as Willone and his bot.”
    “Trade skilling? But you are not much better than..”
    “Oook,” Eeod interrupted, “Hand me the little screwdriver. We do all sorts of activities together, don’t we? We go to the RUR choir, we do the tool shed maintenance, last Christmas I took you on the Rubi-Ka safari tour. Fighting just isn’t our thing.”
    Oook sighed and looked at the metal snippets and pools of oil on the ground. “Shall I clean the floor now?”
    “Yes Oook. Thank you.”
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?