Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Omni-AF ship shot out of the sky

OTPC: Omni-AF ship shot out of the sky

Omni-AF ship shot out of the sky
    May 12, 29480 - [Global]

OTPC - An Omni-Tek OTAF ship bound for Rome disappeared in a brilliant flash of light above Pleasant Meadows yesterday at approximately 21:30 RST. While Omni-Tek has yet to disclose what the ship contained, it has been confirmed that no debris could be located in the aftermath of the apparent attack.

Witnesses in the area, particularly one Doctor Williamson of Omni-R&D said the flash of light was "coupled with this huge beam of light, I couldn't tell if it came from the ground or the sky. Or for that matter where it came from."

Doctor Williamson was also keen to comment that Omni-Tek "would not use such weapons technology, let alone use it on our own ships. In order to get a hit as precise as this, one would have to be aware of the exact time the ship was leaving, trajectory, speed. This isn't information we hand out to every Tom, Dick or Harry that comes into Omni-Tek territory."

One wonders if this energy discharge has any relation to the attacks that took place on the Omni-R&D facility in Eastern Foul Plains. Whatever caused it resulted in the subsequent and total vaporization of the ship and it's contents.

1. The expiramental weapon stolen was a high orbit cannon seen in LE trailers that fires lasers from space.

2. Clans just tested it on us.

go go Clan favoritsm!

((
    That wouldn't make sense because the orbital lasers are ICC orbital weapons platforms. The weapon stolen came from a OT R&D area.
    ))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

see what happens when you people let the Dusters steal your guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Doctor Williamson was also keen to comment that Omni-Tek "would not use such weapons technology, let alone use it on our own ships. In order to get a hit as precise as this, one would have to be aware of the exact time the ship was leaving, trajectory, speed. This isn't information we hand out to every Tom, Dick or Harry that comes into Omni-Tek territory."
    Dr.Williamson did it with hand-held missile launcher in the study.

Really, some news. One would wonder how come a withness, working for Omni-R&D, would know so much on OT arsenal and what's needed to shot down a ship.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Dr.Williamson did it with hand-held missile launcher in the study.

Really, some news. One would wonder how come a withness, working for Omni-R&D, would know so much on OT arsenal and what's needed to shot down a ship.
    why would one wonder?..it's not like omni R&D developes both of those....
    Our R&D department would have tobe fired if they didn't know the specs of the weapons/ships they helped create.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

-stops suddenly while sipping her morning tea at this headline- -furrels her brow and makes some notes- -sighs- So many souls... Any known Alien activity in the area last evening... if this came from them.. were in serious trouble..

Well, that was a rather powerfull shot. Rendering something to vapor that size requires a lot of power.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

It looks like that the Kyr'Ozch managed to deploy a orbital platform before ICC did.

And indeed, to power a weapon so powerfull to breach thruw the hull of a ship of that kind, you'll need a lot of power. Clan has no resources to get so much power.

What if the Dust Brigade managed to get some sort of deal with the Kyr'Ozch ? Chaos and terror, 24/24 7/7 !

I’m sure if it were an alien weapons platform I would have been made aware of it since our ships would need to navigate around it.

Indeed to take out an AF vessel in one shot, as well as leave no trace of it, does require a lot of power. I would love to see the generator that powered whatever it is that fired the shot.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ok, just a couple of things...it disappeared in a flast of light. No debris? Ok, this is a bit out there but what about it being teleported off somewhere? The witness said he couldn't tell if it came from the ground or the sky? how about those large "beam" transporters we've seen various groups use? Fine we've seen them use this kinda of technology to move people. It is in theory possible to do the same on a larger scale with a ship.

Anyhow, assuming it is a weapon another thing is worrying...

Omni-Tek "would not use such weapons technology
    Still doesn't mean to say they don't "own" such a weapon does it. And yes, it also might be what was stolen from Omni R&D recently.

I am just su****ious though as to why would any, lets just call them criminal group would steal such a weapon, blow up a ship, and make no loud boast over doing so? Wheres the advantage for them? No PR. No cash gained. No nothing.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    I am just su****ious though as to why would any, lets just call them criminal group would steal such a weapon, blow up a ship, and make no loud boast over doing so? Wheres the advantage for them? No PR. No cash gained. No nothing.
    Well, that's easily answered.
    If a criminal group would have posession over such a weapon, and boast about it while preparing for something bigger... Well, that's not exactly smart, to say the least. I bet they'd have both Clans and Omni-Tek after them in that case.. Try preparing something in secret that way.

No, if they're smart, they keep their mouth shut, and continue to work on whatever they're doing, until the time is right for them to come out.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

I would have to agree. Keeping their mouth shut creates fear and confusion. I would say they are either planning or something bigger or their long term plans for the weapon simply involve killing people to meet their objectives rather than negociating...
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

((
    Quote Originally Posted by SelmXz
    Chaos and terror, 24/24 7/7 !
    You mean "27/7" I guess, as we have 27-hour days here on Rubi-Ka ))

Well, yes they'd keep silent if they were smart. The leader(s) may be smart but the low-ranking crims usually aren't smart - they're most often the one's to talk.
    Of course, realising this the "brain" might just keep them under lock and key..

As an engineer I'd love to see this contraption, it must be impressive.

If indeed it is some sort of teleporter system then the possibilities are enormous.. and it'd likely need to be tested against a full-size target so it needn't necessarily be a gang of thugs using it, either..
    Imagine an asteroid heading towards us.. Pfft, we just teleport it to the other side of Rubi-Ka as if it'd passed right through.. Those pesky aliens, we just send them elsewhere.. to a planet owned by Sol Banking or w/e..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

This destruction of Omni-Tek property is horrible. And people dare to think we would destroy an item of property which we spent our credits on. Truly amazing.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Not really. It all depends on what you want.
    An item has a certain value, if you wish to obtain something of greater value then that item becomes expendable. It's a tool, after all. Sure, you may loose a few employees but once you get to a certain level of management/distance that doesn't count, you focus in the big picture.
    That's why a general will send a unit into battle against a hugely superior force while puling back other units: soldiers are tools to be used where they're the most effective and buying time to pull back and regroup is a valid strategy, which jus happens to cost a few lives.

'Sides, to make a useful test you need to have all information on the target, both if you destroy it and if you "simply" teleport it, and it's not real likely that OT-RK would have all data on a Clan ship. Regardless of what the "intelligence" communities say..
    Scaling up targets after months/years of testing small scale models can present some new and hitherto unseen challenges.

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

For all we know, it is some new secret omni weapon and they were test firing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sary
    Well, that's easily answered.
    If a criminal group would have posession over such a weapon, and boast about it while preparing for something bigger... Well, that's not exactly smart, to say the least. I bet they'd have both Clans and Omni-Tek after them in that case.. Try preparing something in secret that way.

No, if they're smart, they keep their mouth shut, and continue to work on whatever they're doing, until the time is right for them to come out.
    In which case there needs to be a motive. Why this ship? If its sending a message to Omni-Tek its not a very good one as all its done is say someone blew up a ship. Its like saying someone shot a member of Pol. Its just a figure on a sheet. If they were looking to cause fear than they gloat, they parade over it, they rub Omni's nose in it. They haven't (as of yet). Which is very su****ious. Look at what happened when the Ent tower block was blown up, the Dusters put there name all over it and it caused huge fear. This is the kind of action you expect from a terrorist organisation. Its just a figure on a sheet this though. Which is very very su****ious which seems to point its not a group of terrorists.

Now, on the other hand. If it was a group of criminals wanting to sell on this weapon...its a nice advert though. "Hey, we stole this spanky ray off Omni, watch this Ship on such a date", and ohh lots of potential covert buyers. If you have the contacts. A basic criminal organisation looking at using this for there own goals though, unless they wish to expand into becoming a large armed force themselves, have no use for the action which they did. Its odd. And as said, very very su****ious.

As for it being Omni themselves testing the weapon. Its also possible. After all we've had no figures on casualties have we? was there even anyone onboard? Its highly possible that the ship was on auto pilot, had a homing beacon on it, and the "spanky ray" had an easy lockon to test out Omni's latest toy. Whats the loss of a ship in this case?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    and the "spanky ray" had an easy lockon to test out Omni's latest toy. Whats the loss of a ship in this case?
    Exactly.
    Also, it's funny to hear Doctor Williamson say that in order to hit a ship like that you need to have specific information regarding time, speed etc. and then going on to say that that information is kept confidential so non-OT people cannot have (easy) access.. Yeah, sure it was outsiders..

Ms. Kahava, you would imagine that the insurance system was extremely secure, and it is indeed. However, it has been hacked in the past, no? With the right amount of processing power and time, eventually, any code can be cracked, it is a certainty. The variables are time and processing power applied. Therefore, it is quite possible outsiders did this. Omni-Tek is not known for the destruction of it's own property, I remind you.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast