Thread: Polluting the countryside

Exclamation Polluting the countryside

My only concern is the old UO issue of filling the world with thousands of towers. Most zones are quite beautiful, far more than any game. I would hate for the Newland Desert to begin to look like Omni. This was awful in UO. Anyone know how this issue will be mitigated?

Earthshock

/ME remembers good old UO with every piece of land outside woods and roads filled with castles/stores/just houses etc etc.
    Poor little muties will have a hard time trying to sqeeze their way through thousands outposts (again - remember bandits and orcs in UO getting lost in between blocks of houses placed everywhere?).
    Imagine lots of hunting parties in the swamps of deep artery valley? No, they are not looking for mob spawns. They just try to find that single free spot between the swamp trees that is big enough to place a tower. No other spots are free in other playfields on rk1.
    /me continue to level the char at German dimension with the slightest hope to find a free spot for construction in a somewhat nice area.

I agree comletely, but I would like to see some of the less interesting landscapes looking like the battlefield in the intro movie

A few player controller outposts in the outer corners would certainly make for an interesting landscape. Not hundreds of towers spotted all over the landscape.

Arrow Maybe do like SWG

If they do Like SWG. They are going to have certain areas were buildings can be built, and areas were they can't. If they do it like this it might be ok. But what is stopping people from taking up more then one area, and build a lot of towers for themselves.

Plus I do agree about how the areas look. Would look bad if Omni3 was made in the middle of one area.

Rulex

I think in the Dev chat they stated that there would be a limit on the number of places that you could place towers in each zone.

That limit being decided by the number of players on the server.

Hence RK1 - gets lots of places, RK2 - gets quite a few , RK3 - gets 10 (One per player)
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor