Interesting idea, badly executed...

The idea of 'land control' would be an excellent idea if it wasn't for the guild bonuses that comes with it.

It's a great idea because it might make the storyline more interesting, and it encourages PvP, for suddenly there's a reason to do it. I think the honor of controlling an area should be enough reward tho, a controlling guild should NOT get item/financial benefits from it or so.

What it does is to give higher level chars (people actually capable of defending/capturing areas) even more resources/money. Thus widening the economical gap, giving the high-levels even more money which they cannot sink into anything except rare items.
(ruining the economy even more passively, as I assume the bonus would just drop in every now and then to members in the guild) Killing off low level guilds, as I can see "low players/single high level members" joining a few large guild as they wish to share the rewards.

Note:

I saw a thread here, where someone suggested NPC's who sold buffs expensive, as a way to sink money. Imagine NPS's selling buffs not available elsewhere, like 2h edge, or created Sol Chironis SMGs for example if you had all the parts and payed up bigtime, or created Emergency treatment labs for you, of course you would still need to get all the parts yourself, and it would cost you lots of money for this service to warrant tradeskill characters