Thread: Multiple accounts

Multiple accounts

Suppose I have more than one account.... would I have to buy the booster pack for each of them or is one enough ?

Hmm now this is a valid question.

Also what happens when I log onto a friends machine with my account if he has the booster and I don't???
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

I remember reading (can't quite remember where, though) that one booster pack would be valid for one account only. Thus, if you had two accounts, you'd need to purchase two booster-packs.

As for logging onto a friend's machine if he has the booster installed, and you log in with your account? Er.. let Cosmik or Cz answer that one?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

In the dev chat it was stated one booster/account.

Now the second one there they have not tought about Of course they could havem but its a typical little thing that might be overlooked

Hmm the only thing I can think of is that the booster will have a serial number much like the original game. You buy the booster pack log onto you account page and enter the number it gets verified and you are away.

SOoooo if you log onto a machine that has the booster pack installed and you have updated your account info it will work. If you havent updated the account info the booster pack info will not be used when you play.

So therefore I will have to buy 2 booster packs for the activation codes.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

Lightbulb Not entirely sure, but...

I would think you need to have both the booster software installed, and a flag activated on your account, to use the booster content. That's how other games do it, I believe.

So, if you have the booster, but your friend does not, you can't use the booster while at his place (unless he installs the software), and he can't use the booster at all.

I'll make sure to get a 100% sure answer for an FAQ or something.

Covers the topic?

But Cz, if you allow us to "buy" the flag on the account, wouldnt that be a very nice plus for FunCom?

hehe you do of cause realise that its a breach of the EULA to have more than one account

*Wonders if there is anyone playing who hasnt broken at least one clause of the EULA, or even has actually read it all*

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    hehe you do of cause realise that its a breach of the EULA to have more than one account

*Wonders if there is anyone playing who hasnt broken at least one clause of the EULA, or even has actually read it all*

hugs

lilnymph
    Where in the EULA is that stated? I just read through the whole damn thing and I couldn't find any
    restrictions to the number of accounts you can have.

Epoz

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Not true actually See this post where Cz discusses what is and isn't allowed (in the context of dual logging/using other peoples accounts).

there used to be a clause in it that said you could only own one accoutn, unless you where a parent buying one for you child or something, I would have to read the thing again to be sure. They may have altered it, Or I may have missread it in the first place.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

its a breach of eula to have another account when banned not regularly though.
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

Originally posted by Cz
    Two chars from the same account: Not allowed. Period.

Two chars from different accounts on the same computer: No problem, as long as they are both yours.
    Originally posted by Cz
    Q: Do I need one booster pack for each of my accounts?
    A: Yes.
    I'd better not have to pay for 2 booster packs....

I have one Anarchy Online program on my computer.
    I should only have to patch it with one booster pack.

What is sounds like is:
    Buying the boosterpack pays for the Software and the AccountFlagging. (2 things)
    All I need is 1 booster pack software and 2 accounts flagged. (3 things)
    But im going to have to Buy 2 CDs that come w/ 2flags. (4things)

I can understand having to pay for just multiple flags due to people wanted to "share" their booster pack, etc, ..but forcing you to buy multiple CDs?...
    I'm not going to pay for 4 things....Especially when the 4th thing is a costly CD
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

With any luck, it'll be downloadable and the flagging cost will be all you pay.

Which would solve this whole problem for those of us who like the idea of a download, wouldn't it, while still getting boxes onto shelves.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Why do it like EQ did...

When Kunark first came out for EverQuest .. I had an option to buy it though the loggon screen for a reduced price ( $14 OR $17 bucks and they sent me a CD ( $29-$39 in store I believe)). I recieved it in a week and was good to go. Though I would rather just download it myself and burn it to a old CompUSA $0.17 CD and pay say $12 for it. I also hope they add something more than the towers. Personally I'm not much of a PVPer.. And I really don't want my tower distroyed every hour by some Uber guild, but I guess that will depend on the mechanics of it all in the end anyway. Not real thrilled with new graphics and sounds either, looks fine to me as it is... don't really want to pay for features I need to turn off in order reduce lag. Sorry to sound negative, but just hopeing for a little more... we'll see when it gets off te drawing board.