Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation: CxC

Operation: CxC

On April 29th computer hackers we believe of cyborg origin illegally accessed RUR’s central AI,'Xerves'. In getting unrestricted access to Xerves, the cyborgs were able to steal all RUR’s research of the past 3 1/2 years, including the blueprints of all our robots from the Milly to the COSbot, the exact chemical composition of NEAMO and the secret ingredients of RUR.cola, as well as an extensive collection of leet pr0n which should not have been their in the first place.

Xerves herself was severely damaged. She has not been quite the same since. We hope one day to be able to restore her personality in full.

This is of course not the first time the cyborgs come into direct conflict with RUR. Two years ago, when RUR was researching a Neutral Token board, a cyborg commando unit broke into our research facility and stole the only working prototype of this device. The technology they stole from us was eventually used in the Experimental Cyborg Token Board.

The cyborgs must not go unchecked. Already many RUR employees taken it upon themselves to avenge Xerves with carefully, and occasionally not so carefully, planned raids against cyborg targets. But that is not nearly enough.

Thus we’ve come up with up with a simple plan. The code name of the plan is CxC. The details of CxC will be made public on Friday 5th of May night ( 7:30 PM EDT – Sat 00:30 GMT) at Newland City, right outside the Neuters ‘r Us club.

Everyone, from any faction, is welcome.

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Whilst I am new to Rubi-Ka I have heard of the cyborgs. I am ashamed of mankind, our own backyard is not in order, yet we galivant off to other lands in pursuit of wealth. I will aid you however I can and will follow this gridmessage with interest.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

So the 'borgs took your precious little plans hmm? Wonder if we'll see BORG.cola and BORGbots on the market soon *giggles* Sorry though, can't be there to help you out. (( Would be 02:30 for me.. Ouch ))
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Its a bit late, but I am sure with enough caffiene...well ok maybe not caffiene, but maybe alot of plumbo xxx I should be able to attend. If only to find out if this means the borg will now be able to take control of my millybot and trash my apartment or not...heres to hoping not.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    the borg will now be able to take control of my millybot and trash my apartment
    Hehe, that's one worry I don't have, any change will be an improvement.
    I'm a lot of things but I'm not overly concerned with being tidy - aside from my workbench..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

NEAMO?!

Well, sh[text missing]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Bleh, with daylights savings and all, it's technically 23:30 GMT...

CxC

Now that the official public announcement is behind us, I can finally explain what is CxC.

In a nutshell, RUR are offering a reward of 100,000 credits for each "Library of Foul language" taken off a dead cyborg delivered to one of our representative. In doing so we hope to encourage the community as a whole to take arms against the cyborgs (only cyborgs drop this item).

The offer will run until we've collected 100 of such items, hence the name CxC, where 'C' is the Roman number for '100'. 100k for 100 libraries of foul language.

Miremeld, Deagnor, Ziithka and myself, Dabblez, will be avaible over the next days and weeks to pay out the reward to whoever is brave enough to take on this challenge.

Xerves will be avenged!

Dabblez

You planning on giving the libraries to Xerves? *chuckles*
    Heh, on a more serious note... sounds good.
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

So far 31 "Library of Foul Language"s have been turned in to RUR representatives.

Still 6.9 million credits to give away.

So get hunting cyborgs!

Dabblez

Excellent work, the borgs are a problem that have been allowed to fester for too long.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Tell me, if the Borgs are such a problem, why don't you do something about them then, instead of harassing my fellow Clansmen or innocent Neutrals?
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

I am on Rubi-Ka for many reasons Ms Sary, the borgs are one of those reasons. Drawing a wage from Omni-Tek or harrasing clan members or any other citizen of Rubi-Ka are certainly not in those reasons.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Politics, smolitics.. back on topic.

We got another 21 Library of Foul Language which brings the total collected to 60.

There is still 4,000,000 credits to give away, but it's going fast so you better hurry!

Dabblez

Quote Originally Posted by Sary
    Tell me, if the Borgs are such a problem, why don't you do something about them then, instead of harassing my fellow Clansmen or innocent Neutrals?
    Omnis don't harass Neutrals. Clanners on the other hand... well, that's just good, wholesome fun!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

69 Library of Foul Language have now been collected. There are still 31 to go. Everyone from any faction can clam the reward.

So come on, kill a cyborg today!

Dabblez

We are now up to 92. Only 8 more needed!

And so, we did it! We collected 100 Libraries of Foul Language. Between our own efforts and members of the general public we finally hit our target.

Hard to say how many cyborgs were destroyed in the process, most likely something in the region of 5000.

Our thanks to everyone, in particular Yuriksha, Chimx, Mostshady, Keanne and of course all the members of RUR has helped us in this enterprise.

Xerves has been avenged!

Dabblez

Aww, Shady taking all the honour? It was me that did a lot of killing. Today at least.. *giggles and winks playfully*
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast