Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Clan investigator killed on neutral ground

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Clan investigator killed on neutral ground

Clan investigator killed on neutral ground
    April 30, 29480 - [Atlantean]

IRRK - The peaceful ICC outpost in Andromeda was hosting a party by Grid Stream Productions, when it suddenly became the target of the evil Legion.

Inhabitants from across the planet and from all political alignments alike had assembled in ICC for a live broadcast by Grid Stream Productions, hosted by DJ Veldron. The peaceful and fun nature of this party was soon spoiled, however, when vile forces of the Legion showed up.

A Clan investigator by the name of Christina Malynn had been attempting to evade an individual she believed was following her. Her fears were correct, as it was determined that she was in fact being followed by an agent of the Legion. Once she was cornered in ICC, this agent summoned the assistance of a small Legionary attack force which quickly disposed of Investigator Malynn.

Sources from the Clans say that Malynn was working on investigating Legionary activity in Clan territory. Specifically, she was following up on leads from people who had witnessed such activity over the past several weeks.

"It's a really unfortunate thing," said a Watcher who wished to remain anonymous. "We've been working really hard on this, as have many of the other Clans. We just hope that her death was not in vain and that we will at least be able to recover some of the data she had compiled."

Sources confirmed that Investigator Malynn did not successfully reclaim after the attack, suggesting the possibility that Malynn had uncovered something very sensitive to the Legion, perhaps even something which threatened their sense of security.

Is this artical refering to the Clan or Omni Division known as 'Legion' or to the nano mage terrorist group the 'legionaires'?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    Is this artical refering to the Clan or Omni Division known as 'Legion' or to the nano mage terrorist group the 'legionaires'?
    If you read carefully, you can tell which one the article is reffering to.

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me you know. People getting killed on neutral ground just isn't on. They seem to be acting like Silverstone with a headache and a rollerrat stuck in his underwear. If they have something to say, why the heck can't they just come out and say it and get rid of this shadowy
    They are nanomages ain't they? then why can't they just stop hiding and put their cards on the table and face the world like every other mage who's had issues with the world. Political cowards in their leadership it seems.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I'd say that they are probably not going public because an overwhelming and unknown force causes alot of fear and confusion, additionaly going public didn't help the NLF very much. They are now casualy hunted by Omni-Pol and very few steps closer to their goal.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

-takes a moment for the slain investigator in silence-

They cause fear? Its a bunch of mages in black cloaks and hoods....last time I checked a large percentage of the mage community wore black cloakes and hoods. Whats to fear...bad fashion sense? Least when I wear black I make it look good

As for the NLF...not really the same...ok both mages, both doing things there own way in total disregard to laws of the lands. But the NLF has never done anything against general civilian targets. They atleast have a set target in the mining community.

Threats to them yes. I guess this investigator might have dug up something of interest. Your right with Pol, they have enough problems trying to find a leet in a backyard :P finding a real criminal, even one with a big pointy sign above there head saying "I'm a criminal - Arrest me" I think would be too obvious for them.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    They cause fear? Its a bunch of mages in black cloaks and hoods....last time I checked a large percentage of the mage community wore black cloakes and hoods. Whats to fear...bad fashion sense? Least when I wear black I make it look good
    How about the fact that they are at 300% stronger than any Nano mage you know? Or the fact that they have access to perma-death tech? Or the fact that they see themselves as gods and wish all of Rubi-ka to worship them, and they belive it? How about the fact that so far they have been able to go where they want and do what they want with very little difficulty?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

They are called the Nano Mage Legion, as far as I can tell they are not allied with the clans or omni-tek, however I would not go so far as to call them neutral.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Far as I know, there's no alliance between the NLF and the Legionaires.
    The Legionaires also are more against the whole community, while the NLF at this point is anti-mining.
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    How about the fact that they are at 300% stronger than any Nano mage you know? Or the fact that they have access to perma-death tech? Or the fact that they see themselves as gods and wish all of Rubi-ka to worship them, and they belive it? How about the fact that so far they have been able to go where they want and do what they want with very little difficulty?
    You know, it still isn't something that really scares me at all. I've died to everything there is. And I mean EVERYTHING! And thinking of it, the only two things which scare me, or get my heart going is Emerites....evil things. And the Newland grid exit.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by chimaster
    Far as I know, there's no alliance between the NLF and the Legionaires.
    The Legionaires also are more against the whole community, while the NLF at this point is anti-mining.
    They are also anti-solitus and anti-opifex and if they didnt need them for gurnt work and combat they would probably be anti-atrox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    I've died to everything there is. And I mean EVERYTHING!
    No, you haven't died to everything. You have not died to a perma death weapon..

I agree, eremites are a lot scarier than a mage with poor fashion sense.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    They are also anti-solitus and anti-opifex and if they didnt need them for gurnt work and combat they would probably be anti-atrox as well.
    They're anti-atrox too, but sometimes you need to work with a smaller enemy to get rid of the bigger one.
    If they ever get rid of the rest of us the Atroxs will be next.
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

*sighs*
    Citizen Berael, Omni-Pol is not 'hunting' these terrorists. We will protect the citizens and preserve the peace in all of our cities, we do not randomly chase and provoke these terrorists, as people of your alignment, on the other hand, have done. Omni-Pol Protects!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

You are 100% tilted Stillian

Omni-Tek engineered the nano-mages and engineered their death. They originated Notum mining in the first place. Omni-Tek is certainly a major cause for the existance of the NLF and the Legion.

In the sense of provoking the terrorists... I can't speak for Yarko. Wow, thats liberating. See, as a neutral I don't hold responsibility for the actions of all other neutrals just those who follow me. While on the other hand. your corperation is accountable for the actions of all its employees.

Omni-Tek Protects?
    That might be true, but you sure don't.

Did you protect the crew of the OT-AF ship that was vaporized?

Did you protect the masses from death when one of your own went rogue?

No?

What were you doing?

Abducting Nyadach for speaking with a NLF member?

Running crowd control on a non-violent argument in Borealis?

Your organization is a bad joke, Stillian. I'm not really sure how you can show your face in public after Omni-Pol has failed to maintain OT internal security time after time. I have more respect for the Unicorns, at least they don't present the pretense that they are in control of the situation in going up against the Aliens, but they are fighting in the trenches along with the rest of us.
    Last edited by Berael; May 17th, 2006 at 05:17:20.

Yeah I agree with you there Berael, I am omni "prolly not for much longer" since when have they really protected us and since when does OT take account for its actions, OT is just a big joke!

I think it says alot that even after the Unicorns taking over Borealis I still respect them more than Omni-Pol.

I think it says alot that even after the Unicorns taking over Borealis I still respect them more than Omni-Pol.
    Scary thing is you are not the only one with that belief in their minds. Even i'm sorry to say that i have no choice but to agree with you here.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

I'm not really sure how you can show your face in public after Omni-Pol has failed to maintain OT internal security time after time. I have more respect for the Unicorns, at least they don't present the pretense that they are in control of the situation in going up against the Aliens, but they are fighting in the trenches along with the rest of us.
    We have a lot of respect for the Unicorns as well. They, like Omni-Pol, make known where they stand, and not hide behind 'shades of grey'.

But do not forget that Omni-Pol has been on this planet much longer than Unicorns.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast