Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: KOS to Redemption eh?

So that the Warchat (bot) issue is understood, Messman's administrative access was removed as part of a bigger issue to me in this game right now. As I've advanced into the higher levels and begun participating in the high level events, I'm finding that a great many of the high level players are people that simply don't impress me.

The inspiration for Tarabot came during the time we were struggling to regain control of Camelot. It was designed to provide a stable communications medium with a fair and efficient raffle system. Javaschick has put forth tremendous effort into organization of Clan participation at Camelot, and has demonstrated to me the maturity that I believe is necessary for the ongoing success of this participation. As a result, it is her tool to do with as she deems necessary.

Warchat is simply a replica of Tarabot with the raffle code removed. It was designed to provide a stable communications medium for clan operations in 2ho or wherever else we might be terrorizing Omni. It is NOT meant to be an environment where we isolate participation to those we like. The administrative features of Warchat exist in order to add Clanners that participate in PvP and remove players that have compromised the security of the chat (such as switching to omni or the like).

I will not permit tools that I have provided to be used to alienate others based on personality conflicts. Everything that takes place on these chat bots is logged and reviewed when issues arise.

There is entirely too much ego around Rubi-Ka. For those of you who don't have this problem, I am and will continue to be a resource to you.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Re: Re: rofl

Originally posted by imac2much

Messman, when I teamed with you, you were always off looting chests (looking for bracers I guess?) while I had to tank multiple RM's and aces... That mission was the first time me or my teammates ever nearly died in months, when I had 2 RM enfs on me and a MA on a teammate, then you opened a chest and released a rat... after that I knew I wouldn't team with you again.
    Very good point Jin, Once me and a friend of mine in RL (Wasteaway) were in a team with messman. While we were fighting monsters, constantly through the entire mission, messman was no where to be found. When we asked him where he was he would tell us he was off soloing. This was a load of bull**** because the only xp we were getting was for what we killed. Another thing Im glad wasteaway finally took my advice to leave that guild, I guess you ganking snardz was just the final straw.

Infamousduck - 178 Trader

Re: Re: rofl

Originally posted by imac2much

Messman, when I teamed with you, you were always off looting chests (looking for bracers I guess?) while I had to tank multiple RM's and aces... That mission was the first time me or my teammates ever nearly died in months, when I had 2 RM enfs on me and a MA on a teammate, then you opened a chest and released a rat... after that I knew I wouldn't team with you again.
    ROFL, I still remember a time at the Borgs with Messman where he set loot to leader to get all the stuff, things don't change much it seems
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

I dont want to step into the middle of something when i only know one side of the story. Especially when all 3 of you have been such a help to me. Hex, let Mess answer about what's been said. Not that its my business but i'd like to hear his response.

And huge cheers to Asmoran (and, as always, javas) for the work done on the bots. Think its time we give the omni's one so there'll be a little more competition at times?

Re: rofl

Originally posted by Messman
    I'm not even gonna bother wasting my time with you. Fact is people know who and what I am and I know who my friends are. I could care less what a worthless person like you says or thinks about me.
    Doubt he'll be giving a response to this Abid. He knows he'll be flamed by countless people that dislike him. He's too busy looting a chest right now to even care.
    Last edited by Evan "Zenoman" Laurence; Aug 14th, 2002 at 12:41:38.

I heard Messman is a member of CWA.

Lol!!!

I have fought Highjack many times (although never won), but the impression has always been that of an honorable player.....

Messman on the other hand.... heh, you are best likened to "Meister" of omni pol.....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

when i pvped with messman he was kewl. he did like to get himself into tricky spots though e.g. like the one highjack described where everyone is at bunker while mess is trying to bust 10 omni by himself at the whompa and he does like to wonder of in missions and do his own thing which can be a good/bad thing
    but the thing with u highjack is.. u have a very short temper and dont like people talking back to u or disagreeing with your points.
    remember when u said there was no good smg hybrids and i disagreed saying there was e.g. the river series 6, galahad personel weapon and "now" the heavy suppressor etc. i replied to your post in a nice manner and u replied to my answer rather unpleasantly. i talked to u ingame about it and we ended up arguing about it for a while with u refusing to admit i was right and u were wrong and got abusive. sadly u are the only fixer i dont get on with. u have also produced alot of flame threads and posts on the fixer board and annoyed alot of people. u gotta try to tolerate others and their behavour more man before going off the deep end

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 197 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

I ganked snardz YES I DID , Why thats something that u dont know about , but Flame me all you want . As for me being a repetetive ganker i think theres alot of people that can vouch for me , i have sometimes lost my cool when ive been killed in 2ho , God knows its annoying being wasted when ur a helpless enf with a range of 3m .
    I personally would like to see this person off KOS as i cant bring myself to attacking highjack , as hes 1 of the coolest guys in the game . As for someone on this board they seem to have a little grudge against me , If u got a problem with me im sorry as i like to think i get along with most people in this game , but hey cant plz you all can i

Okay hmm.. a lot to say here.

Well first off I agree with highjack, although I don't know highjack to well I can't recall a time I have seen HIM gank. Messman on the other hand, I can recall many times he ganked clanners, even got mad at me once for not helping him gank a clanner.

I never really realized or thought anything of it till I read this thread, but I was teaming with messman, i've teamed with him a few times and he was always -Not Around- "soloing" if you will. Always looting chests, and even getting mad at me for looting some chests.

I don't gank clanners, a few...MAYBE, but when i was in redemption I found myself ganking a lot of clanners because of KOS, even if i didn't know the person, and that is complete bull****.

Redemption generally has good players and some of my very good friends are in there (valtrina, prouder, askiles, etc.) but it also has many players that are not.

Second of all, about ganking, Znardz, Zenoman and Cboom(played by the owner of Zenoman Account) were the Gankers and they all got kicked from Redemption. Its a long story but to cut short, Snardz got banned temporarly and played with Zenoman account, Zenoman Played with Cboom Account (the owner of Cboom account had quit and has nothing to do with this) on top of that they gave the password to a third person, between those 3 persons they did a lot of harm to Redemption and even some grave insults. There was also some exploits involved and im not getting into details but a couple accounts got banned. Snardz got his account back after a while (apparently he wasnt involved in the money dupe) and thats why some of our members felt like paying back the favour...
    1) It's Snardz
    2) I never ganked

about ganking, Znardz, Zenoman and Cboom(played by the owner of Zenoman Account) were the Gankers and they all got kicked from Redemption.
    and no WE were not the gankers lol. Trying to make it seem like JUST us 3 ganked? No, I ganked the least clanners of all redemption members.

Snardz got his account back after a while (apparently he wasnt involved in the money dupe) and thats why some of our members felt like paying back the favour...
    I never did **** to redemption ever so I don't know what your talking about there. No insults to Messman..

Okay now on the leadership, I personally don't feel Messman is guild leader material. He tends to create problems more then he does fix them. BTW good job on all of those new rules, boy you gotta love the arguing in tarabot chat when...0% of the ppl like the rules. Messman do you even attend tarasque raids? Not much. You are there 1/4 times if that. Who gave you the right to create all of these rules and all of these problems?

I've borrowed a padded overcoat before so i can't win it ever.. lol, gotta love that rule
    Last edited by Snardz; Aug 14th, 2002 at 13:40:14.

Is this another thread about some people that can't handle their own medicine?

/me is confused.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by bigb
    I ganked snardz YES I DID , Why thats something that u dont know about , but Flame me all you want .
    Thank you for admiting it. According to your "rules" you need to be on the KOS list for someone in Redemption to gank someone. Snardz is not on the KOS, nor did he do anything to Redemption to warrant this. Neither did my clanner alt who did nothing. Its not the ganking that upset me, its Redemptions repeat claim that they dont "gank" but kill people that have made their KOS list which is a complete pile of *****. Messman keeps braging Redemption as a respected guild, which most of the AO community finds funny.

From your own website.
    http://aoredemption.tripod.com/rules.html

Don't Attack Clanners by surprise in pvp zones - Concentual Duels only.

At the arenas don't attack anyone, including Omnis already engaged in a duel, surprise attacks are allowed on unengaged targets.

Yet Messman and his guild continuely break their own rules by attacking people NOT on their KOS list. Nobody is even honoring your new tara loot rules either, because nobody considers Redemption a respectable guild.

So keep adding people to your KOS list. Only people Redemption can kill is Sorli/Metallica. You can try and KOS Highjack, but most clanners would probably kill you all trying. Highjack is worth more than Messman or his "Storm wanna-be" guild.
    /me sits back and pulls out some of Messman's infamous popcorn.

Post sigh....

First, I didn't decide the Tar rules, it was voted upon by over 30 guild leaders. Secondly, I think its funny that someone brought up teaming me with.... since I haven't really xped in like 6 months.... and soloing is the only way I don't get friggin bored or I swear I'll fall asleep in missions. Setting loot leader fighting borgs rofl cant believe somebody mentioned that. I only did that once or twice to collect monster parts for Shex and asked the team before if it was alright and they said yes; dont know what that has to do with anything, but whatever. Everything else I could easily argue, but I wont cause I just dont care. 80% of you that are flaming me here I dont even know who the hell you are; not surprisingly cause if you really did know me you wouldn't say these sort of things. I can't be bothered with, and I dont care about the bad things you guys are saying about me, because you dont know me, and at the end of the day, you're just characters in a game. In AO there are only a hand-full of people that I really care about and love: Hextorr, Whotan, Disciple092, Javaschick, Pat, Azz and Redemption. They are all I care about and in my own way I am happy. As for the rest of you, whatever *shrugs*. You don't have to worry about me getting in the way anymore since I've already been thinking about quitting AO for a time now. If I log in now and then, it is most likely just to take care of Redemption and get them ready for SWG. So, it's very likely that you guys won't be seeing much of me again. So I bid you all farewell and those that know me for what I really, I love you all very much.

Sincerely,

Messman

OMFG mess u sound like a girl mate lol

Re: sigh....

Originally posted by Messman
    If I log in now and then, it is most likely just to take care of Redemption and get them ready for SWG.
    Ah great. Now we have to deal with this wanna-be guild in SWG. Take care of Redemption? What you mean make a worse name for yourselves? Personally I wish you would just quit online games altogether Messman. You're one of the little trolls that causes trouble, then cries like a baby when it doesnt go your way.

cord whos ur main character , sorry i dont know im a noob

Originally posted by bigb
    cord whos ur main character , sorry i dont know im a noob
    What so you can gank me and say I'm on your KOS list? No thanks I'll pass. Chances are you or someone in Redemption will end up ganking me anyways. I dont want you to have the pleasure of making up some lame excuse as to why you ganked me.

what a bunch of crap

u guys who think u know messman, u dont! so plz quit posting lame accusations wihtout any real reason, forum wh*rse.

Messman is one of the honest person in this game, and that is something most ppl should learn from, to be honest, speak what u think, but have a reason why.

Messman is a true leader, he can make ppl listen more then anyone else, im sorry u might never knew him that well.

sorry to see some ppl "live for the flame" like some ppl live for passion, dont worry it will get back to ur face some day.

// miss u already Messman, plz consider it sometime before u leave plz ..
    Last edited by Parmen; Mar 15th, 2003 at 14:31:07.

Im very sorry if i ganked you , you must be that small of a handfull of people that i hate enough to gank , im weaaallly sowwwwyy , EAT ME BITE ME EAT ME UP FOR TEA ROFL . Im drinking gin and it rocks so flame me all ya want im pretty sure most people know f"fatcrusher" doesnt GANK for no reason

Originally posted by CordlessX

All I see is someone from Redemption ganking. Whotan, Fatcrusher, etc. Other people gank and admit it. Redemption ganks and makes up some sorry excuses on why.

hm, so i'm a big ganker... if i'm that, how come i got freshman just two weeks ago, after a year of playing AO? i shure don't feel like a ganker, i feel more like the omni favorite target no. 1 (gimpy opi soldier...)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast