Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Borealis Manifesto

Psi if it isn't illegal to mine notum on land leased to OT than what exactly does land ownership constitute? In this case its basicaly who ever can control it through millitary force, and thats just what the clans have done directly and we have done indirectly through the pressence of the ICC.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

There are more than just mines owned nowadays. I was considering the new living areas, a whole different sceanario to the mines. The ICC accepted bids from three groups to manage and sell land approved for building to the general population.

Hmm Berael, I would agree that outside groups would not necessarily have to recognise any manifesto but as Psikie says I think it would make our lives a lot easier if we tried to gain outside recognition and an understanding of who any manifesto represents. The more friends then the easier it is for us in the future.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    If I attack at OT employee for what ever reason that does not imply that I support the Clans, it simply means that I attacked them for my own reasons.
    That, is not neutrality. Living in a dreamworld, everyone would see your perspective and agree you followed your own ideals. But not everyone is as plain as you, and sees your ideas as you do. If you attack an Omni...well wait a minute...who do we know that usually does that...hmm...clans...
    Applying objective reality to your words would gain you a whole lot of...well certainly credibility, since you fail to apply your current ideals to the real world.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    That, is not neutrality. Living in a dreamworld, everyone would see your perspective and agree you followed your own ideals. But not everyone is as plain as you, and sees your ideas as you do. If you attack an Omni...well wait a minute...who do we know that usually does that...hmm...clans...
    Applying objective reality to your words would gain you a whole lot of...well certainly credibility, since you fail to apply your current ideals to the real world.
    You are very close minded.

Does her attacking an individual who happens to be an Omni Tek employee does not make her a Clan, as you so bluntly eluded to. You speak of objective reality with not following it yourself.

How has what you stated objective? It's not at all. So by following your own rules, you definately lack credibility in my eyes.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Stillian, every time you open your mouth you make me laugh and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    If you attack an Omni...well wait a minute...who do we know that usually does that...hmm...clans...
    By your logic that would also mean that other fun elements of our world have also picked up arms and joined clan: Roller rats, mutants, medusas, manteeze, hecklers, imps, cripplers, weavers, cyborgs, and all their friends. All of them attack omni. ...and whats this? NEWSFLASH: Omnis attack Omnis.

In fact I have a fond memory of a bunch of blind and snared Omnis, all flagged, blowing the crap out of each other. Not because they were omni mind you, mostly because the circumstances that caused that situation was oh so silly.

Now if deriving intention of the attack was as simple as observing who was attacked we could say they are all Clanners, including all the omnis who died attacking other omnis. That seems kind of cheap and hoaky to me though, like pretending people are cardboard cutouts. I suppose you get to live life how it floats your boat though, Stillian, so if you want to live in this orwellian world where anybody who might be percieved as assualting you is the enemy... Hey, thats your time.

I like to think of the world I live in as a little more dynamic though, where people do things for reasons that are as rich and complex as my own. I suppose thats me living in a dream world though.

I mean who would want a world like that?

Well maybe neutrals.
    Last edited by Berael; May 19th, 2006 at 00:59:07.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Stilly u shoulda kept ur trap shut on the issue ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    By your logic that would also mean that other fun elements of our world have also picked up arms and joined clan: Roller rats
    RUN FOR THE HILLS! Army of rampaging rollerrats are rolling towards Rome intent on Rattyfying the place under the Clan flag

*has this vision of this Omni Juggernaut with a Rollerat at the controls* hehe
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Now that'd be fun to see. I bet the guards would all go "Eeew! Rats! Ruuuuun!" instead of shooting the annoying buggers too.

Ah well, too bad those creatures don't realize they should try it some time.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Well, since the "neutral manifesto" is back, time to dig out its counter part
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Well, since the "neutral manifesto" is back, time to dig out its counter part
    Well played
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Right of Liberty
    Our right to be immune from the laws not chosen by the neutral populace…the laws that we live by are choosen not by Omni, or Clan. We don’t have to follow those imposed on us others inside "independant" territory. In matters of conflict to be decided over by fellow neutral peers (possibly including the ICC). To be completely independant and autonomous of Omni and Clan authority over our lives, rights, and beliefs.
    You know, been looking over this, and thinking how way back when this document was first created, and named the "Borealis Manifesto" it actually seems even more fitting today. When the town this document was named after, is in fact the same town which was taken from us and is occupied so harshly. Strange isn't it looking back now.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123