Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC's official Stances? Cosmik?

Arrow

"Funcom won't ever merge RK2. It just wouldn't be logical.

Having two worlds with the same name, same political situation and same key players (rossman and radiman) its much easier to think of the two servers as just alternate dimensions of each other. Kinda like.. what would have happened if I had went to school today ? Basically there are two answers.. going and not going. ":

I love people here who speak before they do their research.
    On the 'In-Production' Section called invisioned there is a little line that says this.

"The ability to switch from one dimension to another."

What does that tell you?

than in the 'in progress' section to answer this:

"5) Adding new content, like weaps that actually do stuff, there are tons of guns but most are horrid! there is like 1-3 weaps for each prof. What are you doing to improve this? Or are u improving it? or is it good that all fixers use Maussers and all traders use veks? "

There is this line:

"Improving weapons via tradeskills"

than this is a laugher, that you want funcom to release a spoiler:

"11) Is there such better terminals/settings to get certain stuff? ie. the terminal in east omni 1 trade gives nano clusters while the one on west side gives armor. or is it mostly completly random? "

I mean come on, Settings and what not your supposed to find out by yourself its part of learnign the game. You dont expect Fc to tell you whats the ebst path for your proffesion to do you? And where to put your ip points every level for 199 levels do you? You want them to tell you what mission booth gives what? lol
    Last edited by killahsin; Dec 28th, 2001 at 04:36:09.

I agree

It is a game. I don't really appreciate the Raw Numbers and true facts about the game, I'd rather beleieve in skill and luck. Sure, you look at the numbers of damage and such, and AC, but getting every little itty bitty detail and learning the reasons for random occurances (random or not) simply take away from the Role Playing element. If you people don't want to Role Play, why play a RPG? Its pure madness either way.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by killahsin
    [BI mean come on, Settings and what not your supposed to find out by yourself its part of learnign the game. [/B]
    I have one major gripe with people who say that they would rather role-play and not know the mechanics of the game:

“The mechanics of the game are arbitrary so what is the point to figuring them out?”

What your role-playing boils down to is systematically trying every option until you “figure it out”. There is no thought or deduction involved. It would be entirely different if you knew “A”, “B” and “C” then you could figure out “D”. Instead AO has rules that let me be a master at bursting with a gun but not able to full auto at all.

What makes the matter worse is that the underlying rules can change or are bugged. Do we even know if all the mission settings work? Dual wielding was made harder. PvP damage was halved. Surgery clinics were broken and stacked the treatment buff.

The only real way for you to role-play is to know what the developers had in mind in the first place. Then you can role-play based on the intent of the game and not get side tracked. The gamming world simply isn’t complete or stable enough to truly role-play. The best that you can do is to role-play within the limits of the world, and knowing those limits is essential.

Finally, the best role-playing ever is real life and I don’t see that changing just cause science and mathematics can attach numbers to it.

"1) Is RK2 ever going to be able to move to RK1? it was stated that RK2ers would be able to switch servers is this *ever* going to happen?

2) Is RK2 going to have any storyline whatsoever? if it is when will it start? If not can our fees be lower?
    -I moved to Rk2 because FC said less lag(.25), able to switch servers(0), and would have story(0), hmm guess thats a .25/3 WOOHOO! "

Best thing for them to do is to join servers. Server 2 is terrible as far as amount of people on it. You can sit in town for 20min to see 1 person selling stuff.

"5) Adding new content, like weaps that actually do stuff, there are tons of guns but most are horrid! there is like 1-3 weaps for each prof. What are you doing to improve this? Or are u improving it? or is it good that all fixers use Maussers and all traders use veks? "

This is one of my biggest complaints in this game. The game becomes so extremely boring higher up in levels when you have to keep using the same type of weapon over and over and over again. Plus since IPs are like the holy grail you cant really venture out and try another form of weapon since they require ridiculous skills.
    They should add weapons that only require one skill for it and the bonus would be other skills that you do not need to raise. Like a Rider Execution that uses only 1 handed edge and has disease as its damage. The bonus with this sword would be you can brawl while using it or you need to be a certain proffesion to use the bonus.

"6) With new content new missions? like tradeskill missions and so forth. Make missions easier to get the kind/distance u want... Is this going to be implemented? "

This is another good question. I enjoyed doing missions in the citys at lower levels.

"7) Clue the Fixers and other profs whats being done, i personally hate having a top 10 list with no response and nothing about my prof. in the envisisoned/coming up news. Except for like "something good is coming" "

Since my favorite character is an adventure I too hate the top ten no response list.

8) Is there any info about if their still is memleaks and are they being fixed?

<--sarcasm on > Yea I think the game requires 1gig memory now to fix any remaining leaks. <---- sarcasm off >

10) how bout a diffenitive guide for all skills? like what exactly does perception do? What are the numbers (like more explanation other than the more is better theory) for evades?

Another good question, I would like to see a good guide on this also.

"Funcom won't ever merge RK2. It just wouldn't be logical.

Having two worlds with the same name, same political situation and same key players (rossman and radiman) its much easier to think of the two servers as just alternate dimensions of each other. Kinda like.. what would have happened if I had went to school today ? Basically there are two answers.. going and not going. ":

I love people here who speak before they do their research.
    On the 'In-Production' Section called invisioned there is a little line that says this.

What does that tell you?

than in the 'in progress' section to answer this:

There is this line:

"Improving weapons via tradeskills"

than this is a laugher, that you want funcom to release a spoiler:

"11) Is there such better terminals/settings to get certain stuff? ie. the terminal in east omni 1 trade gives nano clusters while the one on west side gives armor. or is it mostly completly random? "

I mean come on, Settings and what not your supposed to find out by yourself its part of learnign the game. You dont expect Fc to tell you whats the ebst path for your proffesion to do you? And where to put your ip points every level for 199 levels do you? You want them to tell you what mission booth gives what? lol
    --I am not asking which terminals are better... i want to figure that out myself, i just want to know IF there is a difference! I hear rumors and i want to know if they are at all true, also i wrote this BEFORE they had that they were gonna merge dimensions in the In proggress section, I also want to know about how long it will be before they implement it.

Its not a spoiler, i want to know if there is a difference!

-Stimmed Out

[BI love people here who speak before they do their research.
    [/B]
    Wow you must be really young. You must not really know the way of the world yet so here I will help out a bit. Here lets surmise something. Let's pretend that you own a buisness and you make games for a living. You have a wife and a dog and two bratty children. Now you gotta feed them and make the payments to the mortage for the house. Instead of wasting it on booze, like you probably do in some hick town. But anyhow, let's concentrate... I know its hard for you to think of more than one thing at a time but try.

So youve got a company, and your making money. hm. Well let's say you got this idea for an online game. wow huh. and now you've got about X amount of people paying you money that you can use to pay your mortage and feed your family and buy your bratty kids christmas presents.

So now you ve got this company going. And your getting complaints from people about something about rk1 and rk2 not being merged. blah blah. They are threatening you that they will cut subscription. Before you flame them back, your unusally small brain thinks, hey.. if I lose them I will lose money too? Right! so what do you do? You lie!

You tell them that your people are working on it, and that they will have it within the next patch or next year. or next century. whatever. But the thing is they are now happy. This is otherwise known as making promises that you don't intend to keep.

Now if you didn't understand that please, re-read from the top of this post, and begin again. In time you should be able to comprehend. Since I didn't use really big words for you. Oops I said comprehend. that's probably more than you know huh? well comprehend just means to understand. So there. Be a good hippie, and run along now.^^

No need to be that sarcastic and mean about it, MrBunny.

And envisioned means just that. They want to do it, but they have no clue how to actually do it. Yet. Maybe they never will. Until it's in the patch notes, I consider it as a trick.

AO was their vision, when they started on the game.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

haha this is sad. *this* thread is one of Cosmik's most recent posts (about 2 weeks old)

Well... Cosmik sure must have an amazing post ready, but he's sure been gone a long time.

Maybe he's writing a 500 page book which will answer the incredible amounts of questions people ask.

Yeah, sure.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12