Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC's official Stances? Cosmik?

FC's official Stances? Cosmik?

1) Is RK2 ever going to be able to move to RK1? it was stated that RK2ers would be able to switch servers is this *ever* going to happen?

2) Is RK2 going to have any storyline whatsoever? if it is when will it start? If not can our fees be lower?
    -I moved to Rk2 because FC said less lag(.25), able to switch servers(0), and would have story(0), hmm guess thats a .25/3 WOOHOO!

3) Are you (FC) actuall increasing staff on RK2 in order to have story line? How will story line if in RK2 OT wins and in RK1 clan wins? i know its supposed to be one story but which servers story is it about?

4) Are u stopping the Animated Series for good or no? or what? i (along with others) am confused about wether or not there will be the Animated series, i for one liked it.

5) Adding new content, like weaps that actually do stuff, there are tons of guns but most are horrid! there is like 1-3 weaps for each prof. What are you doing to improve this? Or are u improving it? or is it good that all fixers use Maussers and all traders use veks?

6) With new content new missions? like tradeskill missions and so forth. Make missions easier to get the kind/distance u want... Is this going to be implemented?

7) Clue the Fixers and other profs whats being done, i personally hate having a top 10 list with no response and nothing about my prof. in the envisisoned/coming up news. Except for like "something good is coming"

8) Is there any info about if their still is memleaks and are they being fixed?

9) How bout bios and in game email/bulletin boards?

10) how bout a diffenitive guide for all skills? like what exactly does perception do? What are the numbers (like more explanation other than the more is better theory) for evades?

11) Is there such better terminals/settings to get certain stuff? ie. the terminal in east omni 1 trade gives nano clusters while the one on west side gives armor. or is it mostly completly random?

Thats about it (that i can remember ATM), if anyone else has questions or aggree w/ what i say let FC know that we (the players) want to know whats happening...

u are absolutely right

when i created my first character i didnt know that there would be such a difference between RK1 and RK2. It seems like we are left in the dark. The only thing there is to do on RK2 is lvl'ing and all the fun event from both FC and other players happen on RK1. When will we be able to join in the story and fight in the conflict between omni and the clan???

RK2 is dead. You guys chose the wrong server.
    You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Good job Snarf.......I'll be you're glad you got lucky and ended up on the "right" server.

/sarcasm off

FC can we get a response to these questions? We want to be a part of things!!!!!!!!
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

self bump > Any answers yet? if not to all to some?

ooc

ooc

Snarf sux ( lol )

There have been like 20 or more threads like this and also one of my own titled "Official answers required" or something like this. Nono of those 20+ threads have received any official answer and you most likely wont get one here.

Its the hot potato, none want to touch it.

My suggestion, cut your losses and start game on RK 1 OR cut your losses and switch game

Zarch and bunch of other chars

I guess lack of answers mean one thing, RK2 will be left in the dark... Guess im gonna go make an RK1 fixer, anybody got any stuff for a lvl 2 fixer?

-Stimmed Out

Answer

Actually a Dev posted on this topic some time ago stating we would see the stroyline taking place.... And it appears that the mass majority on Rubi 2 is still waiting for an event.

My suggestion is to join a good guild on Rubi 2 that creates role-playing situations for players. Be it involving statics, pvp, contests, etc.

I've noted your questions. Let me get back to you with the answers, ok?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Why not merge the databases? The whole purpose of RK2 (overcrowding on RK1) simply isn't an issue after 12.6.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Originally posted by Cosmik
    I've noted your questions. Let me get back to you with the answers, ok?
    Okay, will that be before or after you get back to me with the answers to my list of questions? That would be the ones that you said you'd get back to me with, I believe that was about 4 weeks ago now?

Scorus

Bump, so Cosmik doesnt forget

Talking Answer

Tir and Newland were under attack on RK2 30 mins ago. Guess we'll have events after all. Of course I missed all the action, but still... =)

Now, Funcom, could you please move some ARKs back to RK2 ? 2 petitions answered per hour is a little slow...

Why not merge the databases? The whole purpose of RK2 (overcrowding on RK1) simply isn't an issue after 12.6.
    Until last night.

Simply unacceptable -- going on a server and seeing the first event that I actually had a chance to get to before it was over...

And I crashed, and couldn't get back on until it was over.

Unacceptable.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Well, RK2. You won't have to be dissapointed with events... you know you won't be getting any!

What's worse?

Lagging for 10 minutes, crashing then being locked out for an hour when clones are roaming around a few zones... or

None of that.

Dunno about you, but RK2 doesn't have to put up with the quality of events we have recieved. Some of them had potential, and some actually weren't bad (tag conferences weren't bad, press conferences weren't bad... until some worthless monsters attacked)

The storyline events really haven't panned out to be much more than "hey, something is a threat to clan/omni. uhoh! here it is right as im talking! ahhhh! kill it!" *zone crash*

Oh well... we can wait until next summer and play as a fricking rollerrat! And maybe we can have guild housing and player-created missions by then!

Hehe, player created missions... did you realize that aspect of the game was ON THE GAME BOX but NEVER in game?

Wow... false advertising isn't it? Sorry... this whole "envisioned" crap is pissing me off. "Gee um, what should we have had in the game when we released it? Ah... that's a lot. Let's pretend that it's not really important and that 6 months really isn't a long time to wait..."

Might as well merge the servers... like 20 people on RK2 and a few hundred on RK1. Save FC some cash... and make RK2 people a bit happier.

As leader of the largest Clan on RK2 (not including alts just main chrs) I'd just like to say if something isint done soon many of us will quit. A LOT of players quit AO RK2 totally not because of the bad patches or other game issues but because RK2 is a totall farce. If something isint done I shall take as many of my Clan as possible to another game entirely. I wont move back to RK1 unless I can keep my current Character and all his items AND my Clan. If something isint fixed FE is gone and so is our revenue straight into FC's bank account. 40+ regularly active $10 a month fees may not seem much but do the maths and it is. Im increasingly P'd off at this as are my Clan and my mates, sort it out, answer us or simply put, AO RK2 will die.

Cool Shameless self repost

When they do finally allow travel between the two dimensions, I would like three things to happen:

[list=1][*]It should be a journey to get from one to another. I would suggest a static mission or a new zone that has two entrances, one in each dimension. It should mean something to be able to get from one dimension to another and it should take some time to do it. [*]One of the dimensions should change drastically. I know the landscape will remain pretty much the same, but they should still do something visually like change the color of the sky. [*]One of the zones should cater to higher-level players, with more PvP areas and tougher mobs, but would also have greater experience and loot. [/list=1]

People have complained that they have nothing to look forward to. Being able to enter the tougher dimension could become one of a character’s goals. It could be a great part of the story too.

Imagine an invading force attacks RK-2. They totally destroy some cities with powerful bombs that kick enough dust into the air that the sky turns red. In an attempt to save the population, Omni finds a way to open a portal to another dimension of Rubi-Ka to get reinforcements and to allow the civilian and lower level population to flee.

After a month, the invading force realizes that the free flow of personnel and equipment through the portal is hampering their efforts to overtake RK-2. Believing that they will never be able to close the portal, or that they might want to use it themselves one day, they decide to sabotage it instead. They sneak a biological weapon (like in the movie Aliens) into the portal to cut the supply lines.

The players are now battling the new force on RK-2. The passageway between the zones has become a dangerous place. Finally, the Omni and Clan are trying to position themselves to be in control of RK-2 after the invading force is repelled.

Now tell me that wouldn’t make this the best MMORPG ever.

To Funcom: That is what I would call an event. Something that actually changes the way people play the game, not just a new tourist stop in Omni-Ent

Post Sorry to say..

Funcom won't ever merge RK2. It just wouldn't be logical.

Having two worlds with the same name, same political situation and same key players (rossman and radiman) its much easier to think of the two servers as just alternate dimensions of each other. Kinda like.. what would have happened if I had went to school today ? Basically there are two answers.. going and not going.

Let's say you went. Then all the events happening from then would lead to one reality.
    And then if you didnt, All the events happening from that would lead to another reality. Funcom is probably more or less thinking of RK2 in that way. It's just another dimension where there are other people.

And since we all know funcom likes to take the easy way out of things, we surely never see the merging of the two databases. Even if the solution to fixing the problem was to create a program that took the instance of a character and placed him/her into rk1 or rk2 as they wished... Funcom would never make such a change. They just don't care.. =\

A few months from now they still won't have addressed the issue at hand. Hoping people would forget about it and hiring people like cozmik to say "Funcom is looking into it."

/me is waition for answers...
    self bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast