Thread: Not Store Buyable

Not Store Buyable

Okay i know it, there are some items (high ql imps, some nanos, etc) who are not store buyable
    and apart from player shop (besides: not everything is found on player shop: something is even Nodrop, ie MA Attack) and Dyna Loot (again: not everything is on Dynas) best way is roll for it in mish (clicksaver help)

besides, i'm 71 lvl and i'm using a QL 122 Bird of Prey, all QL 103-107 imps and QL 100-like armor
    so, to found new MA attack (for example) i must roll for a QL 123 mish...
    i mean... to roll something useful, i need roll for mish MUCH higher than my lvl...
    i've some little difficulties completing mine lvl mish, completing higher-then-mine-lvl mish would be very difficult, and so higher than mine lvl... wow...
    almost impossible!

or i'm wrong in something?
    Laerys Thiarsas aka Laerthia,
    Unit Member of Remedy/Serenity
    «There's no place i can be
    since i found Serenity»

(from Firefly main theme)

aka Dottor Divago on Real World
    aka Futuros, the Great Captain
    aka Laerkeep, my shopKeeper
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Help Bunny dominate Rubi-Ka: copy them in your signature!

Try to blitz instead of killing all mobs around.
    GMT+1

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxaoo
    Try to blitz instead of killing all mobs around.
    But...
    killing all mobs around is funnier

besides, you cannot avoid EVERY mobs in the field, and one so higher level is enough to kill you...
    since i found Serenity»

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Quote Originally Posted by Laerthia
    killing all mobs around is funnier
    Yes, but only if you can kill them... and you just said you can't. Blitzing is a common way of getting higher QL items from missions that you cannot normally complete. There are many, many guides on it - check the Fixer forum.

If you absolutely do not want to blitz, then get a full team, roll a high mission and go pwn

You can also roll higher level solo missions for the items you need and duplicate the keys and have some of your friends help you get what you need. Or as stated above, get a team together, roll a higher mission, and hope that what you are looking for drops.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride!!!"
    Deathwalker / Deadcalm / Deathleech / Deathforce
    Tiger Claw is Recruiting

When blitzing, you do not want a kill target type mission. Find target, pick up item, repair item. I generally avoid return item missions just so I don't have to remember which mission terminal to go back to.

The goal of blitzing is to get into the mission, and run like heck to the goal. Pick up the item, repair the machine, or target the person, and you get your reward for completing the mission without killing anything.

After you complete the mission, getting out alive is just a bonus. A fixer would grid evac, the rest of us have to run to the exit or die trying.

I blitzed all my Ql125-200 nanos, mutiple sets of armor, weapons, bags full of Animas, etc. The "random" mission generator does tend to follow patterns, like placing the mission goal or elevator to the next level as far as possible from the mission entrace.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Well...
    yesterday i tried blitz something
    i'm lvl 71 so i tried a lvl 78 "repair this radar" and a lvl 85 "found this guy" mish

first one (the lvl 85ish) goes this way:
    i start sneak
    i enter room with at least one mob inside
    mob detected me
    i kill the mob(s). If two mobs, i stopped to heal me
    The one i was looking for, was in last room. So i killed 80% of mobs.

second one, was pretty boring.
    Large dungeon. Large rooms. Pretty crowded rooms. Radar in the middle of central room.
    Killed few ppl, no token awarded

I'll try today few other mish, maybe with proper AC/velocity buff i can train all mob and go blitzing, then dying once completed

and i go checked blitz guide, but... maybe my toon is not good for blitzing, or maybe i found funnier dyna hunt or nascence "14 lvl in one day" heck hunt...
    since i found Serenity»

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

It sounds like you tried to sneak the mission, rather than blitz it. I've never had good luck sneaking. Maybe agents can pull it off, but most mobs over your level will detect you every time unless you have high Concealment and/or use a Cloaking Device.

Blitzing is more a matter of running around as fast as you can, NOT stopping to fight.

Yes, you will get hit. Have as much healing ready to go. If you can, get a heal over time [HoT], AC buffs, evade buffs, runspeed buffs, etc. I assume you are an MA, so I hope you've got Acrobat trained. If you have doorlag problems, try temporarily reducing your graphics quality. And SAVE first, so you don't lose XP if you can't get out alive.

The idea is to stay alive long enough to find and target the mission goal so you get the mission reward. After that, getting back out alive is nice but not essential. You won't get tokens, since those are awarded based on the percentage of mobs killed.

There are lots of blitzing tips in the Fixer forums and elsewhere. With a little practice, I found I could blitz full-hard missions on the first try most of the time.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

what carboncopy said.

you will learn the layout to the mishes and how FC sets up the mish for you.

After a while you can just run in..see the mini map and instictively know where the room you need to get to is.

One other recommendation I make is..have your lockpick ready. It sucks to die when the door to the room where the person you need to find is locked and it took to long to get it out :P

Blitzing is just that..run balls to the wall with speed and evade buffs, HoTs and Adv anti-root buffs..have stims, root removers, lockpick ready to roll.

the find person type are usually good because they stand outon the mini map. I usually pull L,L,L,R,R,L and the mobs will be red dots..the dude i need to find is a white dot in the back corner. Makes it much easier.

Yesterday i tried with "enter, run until u find the taerget, then die happy"
    i run int mish
    all red dot, so i cannot say where is target on the map.
    run
    run
    run
    wrong map wing, back to entrance, training mobs inside.
    exit
    heal heal heal
    enter
    run
    run
    run
    stuck on wall
    dead.
    and most important: not funny

atm i don't care, pretty all i need is store buyable or dyna loot or buyable player market.
    Blitz i tried was only to test
    and i found it very boring... well... not so boring like normal mish but close to them.
    btw, until i'll be forced to blitz, i think i don't' blitz. When i'll forced to blitz (readnly way to found something i need), i'll try something different, like teaming for solo mish, or help from high level ppl... or... give up
    i don't' think blitzing is only way toobtain certain items. I HOPE this is not true. If it's only way to go further in this game... well... this is a problem. with the game, of course

Besides, thank you for help
    since i found Serenity»

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

It's not the only way to get those items. However, it's often the easiest way to get them.

Once you have a little practice, you can get the item you rolled within a few minutes, including traveling to the mission and back. Makes it perfect for when you just need that nano or things like that. A good alternative can be to gather some friends, and just do it as a team, killing as you go.

Blitzing does take practice - I'd give it a few more tries before writing it off. But it might not be fun for you, so, as Kahir mentions, there are alternatives.

Taking a team into an individual mission isn't hard - there is this handy little tool. With a team, you can clean the whole mission out too, yielding lots of shop fodder and high-level healing/nano items, plus XP for the whole team. Only the mission owner gets a chance at a token.

You can also usually farm the creds other ways and buy nanos from player shops (assuming you have AI.) Rollable nanos are usually pretty easy to find and not too expensive. Basically you are paying someone else to do the blitzing.

Dyna-only nanos or ones that drop off unique mobs are another matter...if the nano is consistently priced high, it probably isn't blitzable.
    Yes, we have no signature today!