Thread: FJRK: Council of Truth: Counter Terrorism on the Agenda!

FJRK: Council of Truth: Counter Terrorism on the Agenda!

Council of Truth: Counter Terrorism on the Agenda!
    April 27, 29480 - [Global]

FJRK - The Council of Truth has recently instigated their own counter-terrorism division within their meetings in an attempt to strengthen their defenses against both Omni-Tek and the alien menace.

Unfortunately while we were unable to speak to anyone from within the Council of Truth as to who the individual leading this division is, we are able to confirm that this is not a direct reaction to Omni-Tek’s recent addition to their meetings, but instead an independent move by the Clans.

One should hope to see training on the agenda for our guards, from Bliss across the globe to Tir. Hopefully putting an end to the flurry of fighting within West Athen and return to us a moment of peace.

I wonder why a counter terrorism unit as opposed to more millitary.

Unless they are gunning for the NLF, Legionaires, and DB in particular.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    I wonder why a counter terrorism unit as opposed to more millitary.

I'd say political stancing. Because why would it be Counter Terrorism against Omni's and Aliens ... they aren't terrorists, they are your straight up enemies.

Either people are lying and posturing themselves again trying to put a spin on something they don't want too much negative attention about, or they just like to use popular buzz words to make themselves sound more interesting.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Well, as long as there's not another Bahirae. *chuckles*
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

Clan journalism is so amusing..

I agree with SirNegs, if the Clans want to reinforce their “military” then they should just say that is what they’re doing. To attempt to preface it as a move to combat terrorism from people or things that are not terrorizing anyone is borderline loony.

Two quick statements in regard to my statement above:

Rogue elements that function outside of the Corporation’s authority is not grounds to call the Corporation a terrorist organization and an alien threat that we do not understand and is attempting to siege the planet is not a terrorist, it is a military threat.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    I believe Miss Barael's comment is right on the money. I will try to interview a member of the CoT.

This article is mis-leading and labeled wrong, it SHOULD say:

Counil of Truth: PRO-Terrorism on the agenda!

Did we ever specify who the terrorists were, hmm? Not once. This was stated by a journalist. Don't speculate, the Council of Truth wouldn't go after parties who are clearly NOT terrorists...we're not idiots. I'm not sure why this article is putting words in our mouths...

The Dust Brigade, the Tempus Coma, the...well, the Legionnaires, things of that nature; THEY are terrorists.

Here's the funny thing though....I'm in the Council of Truth (Rimor chamber), and I'm currently not aware of anybody leading a an anti-terrorist division. We'll look into this....Might have been something that (somehow) slipped past me. We do have something similar though, so maybe it's just a misnomer.

...Whatever the case, I'd like to hear from the one who wrote this article...
    Last edited by Nulion; Apr 28th, 2006 at 19:16:38.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Look it's obvious this Terrorism as of late is being done by a different faction. Last I checked Aliens dont look like Atrox's and if Omni were to atack the Clans, it would be over in one fight.

You know, more I keep reading this all that comes to mind is they've promoted someone in the Clans to specifically shoot at Pol (since they are the home of the Dusters)
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Well given the current state of things I would have to guess that this unit would be mandated to go after the Nano Mage Legion, given the amount of trouble we have had with them in the past months.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com